PDA

View Full Version : Magnolia Bend ?

wdwvacationeer
03-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Ok, We have stayed at POR twice- both times in the Alligator Bayou section. This year we requested the Magnolia Bend section. Is one mansion better than others? Closer to things? How about the busses? Is that section the last to be picked up and dropped off? I read a review where someone said that by the time the bus reached one of the depots that it was often just too full and kept going. Needless to say, I don't want to spend my vacation watching busses pass my family by! The Alligator Bayou busses were not fantastic but they were not that bad!

aurorafan
03-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I've been in Oak Manor twice (Oct. and President's week) and it's just a walk across the bridge to the main building, food court and the main bus stop (south depot). South Depot is usually the first stop in Riverside so it's rare that you have to wait for another bus because one is too full. It's also usually the second one to be dropped off (after FQ) so that's nice too :). I carry my refillable mug and get a drink on my way back to the room after we get back from the parks :thumbsup:. I think the one next to Oak Manor is Patierre Place (sp?) and it's just as close (Oak is to the left of the bridge and Patierre is to the right) so either one of those would be my first choice :). Oh and there's a quiet pool between the 2 buildings so you don't have to go over to the main one if you don't want to ;).

HTH!

ncscgirl2005
03-07-2008, 11:42 PM
We stayed in Oak Manor too. I actually enjoyed the morning hike across the bridge to get to the bus stop. I think I remember at check in they told us that the South Depot picks up first in the mornings. We didnt have a long wait on any of the mornings. We were usually on the first bus out every day.