PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk villas ?

Gee Wally
03-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi folks,

haven't been here in awhile. the last trip my family of 5 stayed in the cabins at FW. Great time.

This year we are looking to head down end of August and are eyeing the 2 bedroom villas at the Boardwalk.

The kids are getting bigger and we need some room but also want to be closer to what's happening and have a better pool than last time.

So, as I did last time, tips ? suggestions? experiences?

all info welcome.

thanks !

figgie
03-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Personally, I find the villas at the Boardwalk to be nosier than other places. We have never taken my grandson (4) there. The Yacht & Beach Club Resort would me my choice. It has the best swiming pool on Disney property, hands down! Boardwalk Villas might be something you might want to rethink with small kids, but it's a great place for families with teanagers since there are clubs and fun stuff to do at night within walking distance. (At Christmastime, Boardwak is my favorite resort to visit to look at the decorations. It is decorated with antique glass ornaments, my favorite kind of ornaments. Their trees and swags look just like mine at home!)

Septbride2002
03-07-2008, 05:19 PM
We love the BWV - which is why we call it home :cloud9:. Our one bedroom villa was not noisy at all, in fact we never heard anyone or anything. :)

The standard views are good, the pool view can be scarey with the big clown :clown: Boardwalk view is beautiful but can be a bit nosier since it is on the boardwalk :cheers:

There are a lot of resturants to choose from, but there counter service is lacking. If you rely on counter service alot this may become an issue for you. ESPN offers in my opinion the best food - but it fills up QUICK and again is sit down only.

To me there isn't a bad spot to stay, and it is within walking distance to the Studios and EPCOT which is awesome if you have kids who get fidgity waiting for buses.

~Amanda

auntfrannie
03-08-2008, 07:52 AM
My family stayed at a 2-br BWV last summer and loved it! We had a view of the pool and didn't find it noisy at all.

A few years ago we stayed at the YC which was very nice as well. However, we had to go to the BC for the drink refills and that place was a madhouse!! The BWV seemed much more laid back than the BC in terms of number of people always in the lobby and shopping areas.

The main pool at BWV was never overly crowded like the YC/BC pool always seemed to be; we could never find chairs at Stormalong Bay and ended up using the quiet pools.

Maleficent's Dad
03-08-2008, 08:06 AM
BWV are really, really great. The 2BR are a nice size. (If you're searching for larger rooms, OKW's villas will be significantly bigger, by the way!)

You are correct that you'll be closer to "what's happening." You're a walk away from EPCOT and DHS (just make sure you go out the back door from the villas when walking to DHS. You will beat the boat every time.)
A nice thing about the BW is that after 6PM each night, there is free, family friendly, fun entertainment going on. There are jugglers, magicians, etc... and they often solicit the audience for participation - good jokes, lots of fun.

Dining options abound at the BW. Not only do you have the BW's restaurants (ESPN, Bakery, Spoodles, Flying Fish, and Big River) you're a short walk from BC, YC, Swan, & Dolphin. You're also a very short walk to EPCOT's WS, where there are numerous great places to eat. For a change, you could walk/boat to DHS and hit the BD or one of their establishments.

We love being able to watch Illuminations or Fantasmic! and then walking back to our home.

The noise on the BW affecting rooms has been, IMO, very highly over-rated. We've had BW views, and with young kids in tow, noise from the Boardwalk has never been a problem.

You can read another post with info on the BW by clicking here! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=128024)

playdead88
03-08-2008, 08:55 AM
we stayed in the BWV 2 years in a row and we didn't think it was noisy at all - we had a wonderful time - having the boardwalk at night and being that close to epcot and dhs is such a plus! the pool at the bw is great - we also stayed at the bc and stormalong bay was awesome and like a mini waterpark compared to other hotel pools but with that being said its much easier to find a chair and/or table at the bw than the bc - it seemed like stormalong bay was always busy - there was only a few times over that week that we found a chair around that pool we usually sat in the chairs on the beach and would walk back and forth to the pool - not that it was a big deal but some afternoons its nice to just sit and relax away from the crowds and that certainly isnt the case at stormalong bay - we tried talking the kids into the quiet pool one afternoon but that didn't go over well at all :mickey:

Gee Wally
03-10-2008, 09:08 AM
As always thanks for the expert help and opinions.

I don't think my kids will be rattled by a little noise if it does happen. ( Hopefully they aren't the one's making it :D)
They are 15, 10 and 10.
We spend a week every July in Old Orchard Beach, Maine about 2 blocks from the boardwalk there. Nothing can be noisier that that!.

I have stayed at the YC/BC twice and loved it. I thought their pool was down for rework this summer?
I may be mistaken though. That is one reason we are leaning towards the Boardwalk. at least on line their pool looks like fun for 15,10,and 10 year olds.

Either way looks like we'll be making the decision in the next week or so.

Back to the Boardwalk...how is it for food? We are not get dressed up fancy folks. Getting a villa will most likely mean breakfast in the room, lunch in one of the parks, so probably just dinner near or at the Boardwalk.

Maleficent's Dad
03-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Back to the Boardwalk...how is it for food? We are not get dressed up fancy folks. Getting a villa will most likely mean breakfast in the room, lunch in one of the parks, so probably just dinner near or at the Boardwalk.
The options for food are one of the great attractions in staying at the Boardwalk.

At the resort itself, you have ESPN, the Bakery, Spoodles (including the pizza window), Flying Fish (the best and most expensive of the B'walk eateries), and Big River.
But it's really the options that are close by which make it so great.
You can easily walk to the YC, BC, Swan, or Dolphin and dine in one of those resorts.
We very often walk into EPCOT and dine (for dinner) at the WS. You're also close enough to walk/boat to DHS for their restaurants. It's all very convenient.
Nothing like heading to Le Cellier for dinner, watching Illuminations, and walking 10 minutes back to your room! :thumbsup:

Gee Wally
03-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Well after a couple of frustrating days trying to book we were able to get Aug 21st through the 29th!!!
:D

Everything earlier was already booked solid. Not only at BW but also Y&BC Villas.

Thanks again to all for the info..
I'll probably check in again as the time nears for up to the minute tips/suggestions.

You guys and gals are the greatest !!!
:thumbsup: