PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Polynesian Luau Dinner Show

Jeff G
03-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Were debating over whether we should try the Polynesian Luau Dinner Show . My poll is to see what everyone who has tried the luau really thinks of it. Please feel free to leave feedback as well.

The options are:
1. Excellent - A don't miss.
2. Very Good
3. Average
4. Poor - Don't waste your time with it.

Since we are already booked on the dining plan price is not an option so please vote how you feel about it without the cost aspect.

Thanks!

pox24
03-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Extremely disappointed especially for what you pay. The only bad meal I ever had a WDW. The show was so, so. The old format was better. The Lilo and Stitch thing... no.

pogo
03-07-2008, 04:04 PM
We enjoyed the Luau when we attended in 2006! The food was good, the service was good.... and the show was good once you got past the corny start. :thumbsup:

Would we do it again??? I think so. But we like HDDR much better and we will definitely do HDDR again ! :D

Katarch
03-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Not worth the price! Food was ok, the show - except for fire throwers - was not good!:mickey:

g0189a
03-07-2008, 04:42 PM
We liked the Luau a lot (last saw it in July 2007). We actually liked it better than some we saw in Hawaii. (Not all in Hawaii, but some. I fin HI on the big Island, the one at the Kona Village was really good!)

The kids really love it when they can walk up on stage and do their own hula dance in between courses.

We had some up front seats so that had to have helped in our impression.

The waiting before the show could be improved a bit, especially for the first show when there is no one there. Let people loiter and open a bar up near the venue versus cramming everyone in the paths on the way there.

I would not say the food was horrible but it would seem to be better than the prices being charged (yes there's a show too, I understand)

GrmGrninGost
03-08-2008, 12:12 AM
I gave it an excellent! My family and I love this show! :mickey: We also thought the food was really good! :thumbsup:

BuzzLiteYear
03-08-2008, 11:00 AM
This may be a stupid question, but is this the Spirit of Aloha Show?

TheRustyScupper
03-08-2008, 12:09 PM
1) I think it is "average".
2) For a non-Hawaii show, it is not too bad.
3) The food is good tasting, but not prepared traditionally.
4) The show is more Disney-fied than Hawaiian.
. . . too theatrical
. . . not too authentic
. . . corny story

teambricker04
03-08-2008, 02:11 PM
We like this show. We will do it again. I agree... a bit corny, but fun. We liked the food.

Hull-onian
03-08-2008, 05:32 PM
I voted very good. I enjoyed the show and we had a superb server. Our food was served very fresh, hot, and I thought it should get two :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

bruin1344
03-08-2008, 09:58 PM
overrated and not worth the money when i went ten years ago, the food was charcoal

Natazu
03-08-2008, 10:21 PM
This may be a stupid question, but is this the Spirit of Aloha Show?
In the spirit of Polynesian culture, I'll answer your question with a story.

Once upon a time, a small mouse named Mickey went on vacation with is high maintenance girlfriend Minnie and loyal dog Pluto. While enjoying his well-earned time off from steamboat piloting, he went to a Hawaiian luau on the beautiful island of Maui. He enjoyed it very much. There were Tropical Mixed Greens with Mango Poppy Seed Dressing Pineapple-coconut Bread, Sweet Golden Pineapple, Island Barbecued Pork Ribs, Lanai Roasted Chicken,
Polynesian Rice, and Fresh Seasonal Vegetables. Pluto especially enjoyed the Kilauea Volcano Delight. He has quite the sweet tooth. A canine, I suspect. Minnie sampled the all-you-can-drink wine and beer. She noticed this made the "authentic" Polynesian dinner show kind of fun.

Mickey enjoyed the experience so much, he brought the whole thing to the open air theatre in Luau Cove at Disney's Polynesian Resort. Then he added the Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride from Lilo and Stitch. There are two shows every Tuesday through Saturday at 5:15 and 8:00 p.m. The shows last approximately two hours.

Sinewiz
03-08-2008, 10:22 PM
I've gone for the last four years and enjoyed my self each and everytime. For an evening of show, and all you can eat, I don't consider it overpriced in the slightest. Is it a little corny? Yes I suppose so, but isn't much of the fun at Disney World a little corny. And not once was I served charcoal.

dizzyworld
03-09-2008, 08:19 AM
went in 2006 and was not impressed. Seating was a problem as there was obstructed views. the meal was okay nothing to write home about,as far as the actual show it was a big dissapointment.Would not waste time or money on it.Hoopde dee was a better choice and we did that as well.Food there and the show was much better and worth the price if you had to pay.With so many other choices at disney I would skip the luau.

CU Tiger
03-10-2008, 12:50 PM
The food was good, but the show was average and the seating made some of the viewing for my DDs difficult. Been-there, Done-that. Probably will not do it again.:mickey:

cal5755
03-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Wow what a difference from the Hoopdee Doo reviews. We are going to try this one too. I hope it is an enjoyment for the kids. So glad for these posts.