PDA

View Full Version : Oh, why won't the hotels just take my money?!

Disneymom4ever
03-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Sorry, just have to vent. We received our tax money today, and I was so excited to call and pay off the hotels (AS Movies) for our upcoming trip. When I called, he said I couldn't pay it off until check in, because I'd made the res. online. He actually was kind of snippy, and said "next time remember this, call instead!" Then I called Universal to pay off Royal Pacific, and was told they'd have to send me papers, I need to fill out and sign, and fax back, and could take a while. I just don't get it, I just want to give them my money! So anyway, there's a heads up when making reservations. OK, enough venting, thanks for reading. :mickey:

faline
03-07-2008, 11:57 AM
I thought I understood there was a way you could make payments on-line if you booked on-line? I've never done this so, helpfull, someone else will know about this and be along shortly.

Don't know anything about Royal Pacific's policies so can't help you there.

brownie
03-07-2008, 12:21 PM
If you don't have to pay it off in advance, why not put the money in a savings account and let it earn interest?

tennantsrwe
03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
I always book online w/ Disney Travel and you can sign in to your account with the email you gave and password you chose and make the payments. I think you will have to enter your ressie ID...it's right on the first page you come to after sign in, towards the bottom. Once there it's basicly self explanitory, you can chose to pay the balance in full or opt for a different dollar amount. I've always used the same CC I booked with to pay the balance/payments...don't know if you have the option of adding a different CC. I understand wanting to go ahead and get it taken care of. :mickey:

caryrae
03-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I used a Magicial Journey type website before I knew about MJ and I could make payments whenever I wanted online. Which if ya think about they are sending my payments to Disney so whats the difference if I do or the travel co. does it.

ncscgirl2005
03-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Disneymom4ever,

Don't worry. You can send the money to me. I won't tell you no. :secret:

Just kidding...

It seems very frustrating but I'm sure there is a reason why.

momof3+twins
03-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Whenever I get an answer that I don't like, I hang up and call again. Usually I get a different answer from someone else. I would call back and try again. You might get a castmember that is actually friends with Mickey this time!:mickey: Not someone who is friends with Cruella Deville.:ack: Good Luck and post what happens. I am curious to see how it turns out.
And I would ask if there is ANY way to pay it. There seems like there would have to be a way.

KarenP
03-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Disney's rule is that you cannot pay off room only reservations booked online.

Disneymom4ever
03-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks, everyone, I went back and pulled up my res. and tried to make a payment, as suggested, and didn't see a place to do that. Thanks, Karen, for the info. I'm not sure why they would do that. You'd think they would want your money either way! It seems silly to me. Oh well, live and learn, at least I'll know for next time!

Dakota Rose
03-07-2008, 07:10 PM
I wonder if it has anything to do with homeland security or something silly like that.

wendy*darling
03-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I have 2 suggestions:

switch your ressie to Magical Journeys
buy Disney gift cards or Disney Dollars at your local Disney Store or online. That will keep the money out of harm's way ;) and you can use either to pay off your room at check-in.It seems like they should want to take your money now- but I think you have a few options.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-07-2008, 10:15 PM
I would think they would want to take your money so that THEY would get the interest on it instead of you. We booked through MJ last time and HAD to pay it off prior.

wendy*darling
03-07-2008, 10:41 PM
We booked through MJ last time and HAD to pay it off prior.
Different types of reservations and packages have different payments rules.