PDA

View Full Version : Can You Resort Hop?

kbean
03-07-2008, 09:35 AM
I have a few hours to kill before the P&PP, I waswondering if you can parkat each resort and walk around the the grounds, or do you need to be staying there and have some sort of pass?

Gooftroop5
03-07-2008, 09:57 AM
As long as you are staying on Disney (at any of the resorts including the campgrounds) you could go to any of the other resorts. We have done this a lot. Just to kill time and to see what the other resorts were like. Its fun just looking around. I haven't ever been asked to see any id to show I was a guest of Disney or not.

Someone might know better about this but you use to be able to use any resorts pool too as long as you were a guest of any of the resorts.

laprana
03-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Yes! You can resort hop no problem! We have done this on every trip and really enjoy it. All we usually do is pull up to the guard shack at each resort entrance and the guard asks to see the license of the person who's driving. Sometimes they'll give us a 3-hour guest parking pass to put in the windshield. This seems to happen at the deluxes more often than anywhere else, especially BC/YC. I think it's because they don't want people parking there and then going to Epcot or DHS for the day. (Probably the same for the monorail resorts, but we've never driven to those to know for sure.) A lot of the time, though, the guard will see our parking pass from our own resort and just tell us to have a good time! It's pretty simple and a great way to see all the different resorts and eat at some new restaurants. Have fun!! :mickey:

laprana
03-07-2008, 10:03 AM
As long as you are staying on Disney (at any of the resorts including the campgrounds) you could go to any of the other resorts. We have done this a lot. Just to kill time and to see what the other resorts were like. Its fun just looking around. I haven't ever been asked to see any id to show I was a guest of Disney or not.

Someone might know better about this but you use to be able to use any resorts pool too as long as you were a guest of any of the resorts.

You can resort hop even if you aren't staying on property. Pool hopping is not allowed, with a very few exceptions (mostly for DVC owners or places where the pool is being refurbed).

bleukarma
03-07-2008, 10:48 AM
I did it last weekend! I wasn’t staying on Disney property (I just drove up from Tampa), parked at the Poly, ate at Kona, took a monorail to Contemporary and walked around, and back to the Poly. I thought about hopping on a boat to Wilderness Lodge while I was at it. It’s a real fun way to get your Disney fix when you don’t want to spend the $$ to go into the parks!!!

Have fun!!! :mickey:

Goofeygal
03-07-2008, 11:17 AM
You do not have to be staying on property to reort hop. Just tell them at the gate that you are there to walk around and check out the resort. If you are uncomfortable doing that you can always park at the T&T center and take the monirail.:mickey:

Johnno52
03-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Going to the Deluxe resorts is one of our simple pleasures of our trips, especially when the Christmas decorations are up. We spent one vacation one year just doing resort hoping. When we want a peaceful lunch break we catch one of the boats at MK and head over to one of them. As most posters know WDW is not just about the parks.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Resort hopping is a fun way to spend time and you don't have to be a resort guest to do it. You can use the Disney transportation even if you are staying off property to go between parks or resorts or both.
And as stated for the most part you cannot pool hop. If you are staying at the All Stars you can use all the pools or if you are staying at the Swan or Dolphin you can use both resorts pools. And if you are a DVC member I believe you can pool hop.