PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean beach with Disabled child??

Lori Anne
03-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Starting to plan our early December '09 vacation!!! whoo hoo!!!!!
Would love to stay at AKL again, as we did in '05, but don't think budget will allow that! We are sort of leaning toward CB for the ambiance!! looks very pretty!
my questions.. with our daughter having severe special needs, and in a wheelchair with some life support equip, would we be guaranteed a room closest to the food court?? I know sometimes requests can't be guaranteed, but could they, for a medical reason???
also, is there "caribbean" type music playing in the resort? Our daughter is visually impared, so the music would be great!!!
thanks in advance for your help! oh! another really obscure question this time... if someone is going to CBR soon, could you let me know the space between the end of the bed to the dresser?? am wondering if her wheelchair would fit.
Thanks so much!!!!!!!
Lori.

Strmchsr
03-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Lori, I can't answer your specific question, but I would also suggest you post and read in our new guests with special needs forum in the Vacation Planning section. You might get a lot of good advice from folks in a similar situation.

thumperbug
03-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Unless CBR has specific handicap access rooms, I would rule out CBR. All buildings are 2 levels with no elevators so you would need to make sure to have a first level room. As for the space in the rooms, they are not that roomy and I don't think a wheelchair would be able to get between the bed and furniture. I am a tiny person and must have crashed into the bedposts at least 4 times just trying to walk past. The bathroom set up is a small, separate area with shower and toliet, sink/vanity are separate. I would think that some of the resorts are handicap accessable. You just need to do a little research to find out which.:mickey: