PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Town Square Restaurant

GINNY69
03-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Hello I was hoping to get some reviews on Tony's Town Square Restaurant ,:chef: I am going there on my last day and even though we are on the dining plan I doubt we will have any credits left to use so I was just wondering if it will be worth the money to stop there and have lunch :unsure: I never heard anything negative about this place and it seems that every time we are at the Magic Kingdom the place always looks busy so that must be a very good sign Any information you could share I would greatly appreciate it.:mickey:

Have a Magical Day !! :pixie:

:stpattys::gold::stpattys::gold:

#1donaldfan
03-07-2008, 08:01 AM
We love Tony's.......If your looking for "over the top" great Italian food, you need NOT go there.....BUT it is very good and the atmosphere is AWESOME !!!! I think it was one of our least expensive meal last trip. Tony's has become one of our don't misses !!!! :mickey:

doodleboy
03-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Stick to the pasta dishes. I had a salad with what they called grilled chicken and was let down. This may have changed recently, but I noticed that whenever I ordered a salad with grilled chicken most places at WDW it was a boiled breast full of pumped with saline solution with grill marks on it. I understand the mass production and food safety issues when it comes to chicken, but I think a table service restaurant should grill to order. The service was also a little lacking, but I find that to be true in the MK. EPCOT seemed to have better food and service overall.

MsMin
03-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Our 1st and only visit was in Dec. 06 and it was packed and our service was terribly slow. It took 20 mins. just to get the desert. Our food was barely warm and I didn't like my dish or appetizer (calamari) but my son and my dad loved their dishes, the manicoti and sausage dishes.
I love the convenience in the park but the food wasn't the greatest... Desert was good when we finally got it!

like2workout
03-07-2008, 03:25 PM
I would HIGHLY recommend tony's. it's just a great place all around. i love the location right in the town square, and they have a patio you can sit outside and eat on. lots of good food choices, and if you're a lady and the tramp fan (and who isn't), you'll love it!!!

lightyearfan
03-07-2008, 04:57 PM
well me and dw were at WDW in Dec 07, and we ate at Tony's for lunch and it was wonderful! this was also the first time that we went back to Tony's for anything, because we went back in 95 and again in 96 and it was awful, so this time around we saw that the menu had changed so we figure lets give it another shot. boy i'm glad we did because the food was excellent. we both had this panini sandwich of grilled steak which was great, the meat melted in our mouths, and our appetizers we're really good as well. we had such a great reunion of sorts that we will be going back for dinner on our upcoming trip.

Hope this review helps with your decision.

Victor

marutzw
03-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Tony's has become one of our most go to meals when we visit WDW. The food is always great and the service excellent...

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-07-2008, 08:31 PM
My DH and I ate here for lunch and loved it. We got the best service we've had in Disney. Manny was great! My DH had the NY strip steak and it was the best he'd had at a Disney restaurant.

I highly recommend trying it. Good food, great service and adorable atmosphere.

jefmblrd
03-08-2008, 08:03 AM
I ate at Tony's once and wouldn't go back. The food tasted like something you'd get out of the frozen food case in the grocery store. It just wasn't good.

January-2007
03-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Let me start by stating that this is my husband's favorite restaurant in WDW. We had reservations for dinner last September and I was really weary about going because I had read a lot of negative reviews, but we decided to go ahead and give it a go anyway. Wow! We were so glad we did! We both thoroughly enjoyed our complete meals plus the atmosphere was just delightful, we loved everything about the place! So much so, that later in our trip we ended up getting another reservation to go there, this time for lunch, and had an equally superb time. This is on our must-do list from now on and was my second favorite restaurant of the trip. We were seated in the sunroom on our first visit and in the main dining room on our second, and both were just lovely. The food was excellent and the waitstaff top notch. I think it would definately be worth your time and $$$ to go there for lunch. We had a great time and hope you do to! :mickey:

Mom2princesses
03-08-2008, 10:14 PM
We love Tony's! It was one of our best meals on our trip in August. We also had a fantastic waiter! Service was awesome food was yummy!

Von-Drake
03-10-2008, 01:49 PM
We ate their for the first time about 3 years ago. The food was very good and the atmosphere is very enjoyable. It was a spur of the moment decision to try and eat there, and will probably dine there again when we go back.