PDA

View Full Version : Sadness..Mama Melrose Fantasmic pkg booked for day we need....do I keep trying?

Briansmom
03-06-2008, 10:20 PM
:cry: I tried to book a Fantasmic Dinner Package for Mama Melrose but alas they were all booked up. What are the chances that one will open up? Do I keep trying? How often and what time of day is best?

Oh yeah, and any :pixie: sent my way would be greatly appreciated as this is where we really want to dine on the package.

adoptionislove
03-06-2008, 10:45 PM
I wish I had a "secret" for you.

All I can say is keep trying. I have heard that things tend to open up closer to the day AND that sometimes people don't show so maybe when you get to the restaurant they can seat you. Since it is a 'package' I am not sure about the Fantasmic part of it.

I am no help, am I?!

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-06-2008, 10:53 PM
When were you planning on going? Does Sci Fi have the fantasmic package available?

We went last september, and had no problem getting into fantasmic and getting a seat even after it had already started.

Jared
03-06-2008, 11:13 PM
The Hollywood Brown Derby, Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano are the only three restaurants that participate in the Fantasmic! Dinner Package, not the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater.

To the original poster, groups do cancel, so keep calling. Unfortunately, there is no magic solution to fix this problem, but don't give up hope yet! Something may open up!

If you can't secure a reservation, still go see Fantasmic!. It's an extraordinary show. Honestly, it's the only reason I even go to Disney's Hollywood Studios anymore.

disneydeb
03-06-2008, 11:22 PM
The Hollywood Brown Derby, Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano are the only three restaurants that participate in the Fantasmic! Dinner Package, not the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater.

To the original poster, groups do cancel, so keep calling. Unfortunately, there is no magic solution to fix this problem, but don't give up hope yet! Something may open up!

If you can't secure a reservation, still go see Fantasmic!. It's an extraordinary show. Honestly, it's the only reason I even go to Disney's Hollywood Studios anymore.

Sure iit is a great show, but how about ToT and Rock 'n Rollercoaster, The Great Movie Ride, there all kinds of reasons to see Studios or what ever it is called today. :D

AHOTE
03-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Just keep trying. I started calling every other day two months out from our arrival date, then every day three weeks out and I finally got a reservation 5 minutes after the reservation lines opened on the third day we were at WDW, because someone canceled. Ya never know what will happen. I hope you have as much luck as I did, have a great trip.

Natazu
03-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Make a fall-back reservation just in case but keep trying. If you are unable to get in, check back here for some pointers on getting a good seat to F! without the dinner package.

Lynn J Mc
03-07-2008, 09:00 AM
We always book the Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic package. I always have to get a 4:30 dining time and then keep calling back to get a later time. The CMs tell me they open more seats for dining for the package as it gets closer to the date. I don't know if it works that way at MM or not. It seems totally stupid but the past 4 times i've kept calling and always managed to get a later time. Keep trying.

tennantsrwe
03-07-2008, 09:29 AM
If you HAVE to have MM I'd say keep trying...even if it's daily. Sometimes things will open up for you. We did H&V in Dec. with the Fantasmic package and really enjoyed the food. Maybe you could try there, might be worth the change if you really want to make sure you have the package. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Keep trying. I know we changed our dining plans a million times last year so we opened up spots for others every time we changed our plans.

Briansmom
03-07-2008, 10:11 PM
When were you planning on going? Does Sci Fi have the fantasmic package available?

We are going May 12th to the Studios (total trip 9th-17th). I did book a back up for H&V but our hearts (bellys ;-) ) are really set on Mama Melrose.

Keep trying. I know we changed our dining plans a million times last year so we opened up spots for others every time we changed our plans.
I know I have changed our ressies many times as well, so I will keep trying everyday then. Thanks to all of you for the suggestions and encouragement! :number1:

Love of Disney
03-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Can I ask what you mean about the Fantasmic package? Is this package included in the DDP?

Thanks!!

Briansmom
03-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Yes, the package is included on the DDP. You can make a reservation at Mama Melrose or Hollywood and Vine (1 TS) or Brown Derby (2TS) and then you get special seating for Fantasmic. You only have to show up 30 minutes early for the show instead of waiting in the long line that sometimes happens; and you get to go to the amphitheatre through a special entrance to your seats.
Here is a link for the info on Intercot...
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/fantasmic.asp

Love of Disney
03-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks a bunch!!
:cool: