PDA

View Full Version : 1950 Prime Time

Princess2BsMom
03-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Can you get in at the 1950 Prime Time Cafe without an ADR for lunch?

KAT1811
03-06-2008, 08:34 PM
You may be hitting WDW during the "free dining" promotion time period (providing they offer it again this year) which will mean the restaurants will be EXTRA busy. I would not chance going anywhere for lunch or dinner without a reservation (even if I were not traveling during "free dining"). To be on the safe side I would make an ADR, nothing worse than having someone disappointed on vacation (even if it is you)! LOL!

Jared
03-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I agree with the above post. The fast few years, Disney has offered the free dining promotion in September, so the restaurants are packed. The 50's Prime Time Cafe is one of the most popular places anyway, so I definitely recommend making a reservation if possible.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
03-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Get an ADR. I've seen many disappointed families try to get in at lunch only to be turned away.

GrmGrninGost
03-07-2008, 12:35 PM
There is a chance, but it is extremely risky! I would definitely make an ADR!

tennantsrwe
03-07-2008, 12:40 PM
I always make ressies, for lunch or dinner. I just don't want the hassle of not being able to get a table at a specific eatery. Some people think ressies restrict them but I personally like having them. If your heart is set on eating at 50's you might better make the ressie, just incase.

DDuck66
03-07-2008, 04:25 PM
We were there this past Sunday and they did not have any walk up tables available..I would go ahead and make an ADR. Prime time is one of the more popular restaurants at DHS.

swampfox28
03-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Even in "off peak" seasons, I've seen them tell people there was an hour wait for a table at lunch.

I agree with the rest of the pack - get an ADR if you'd like to go!

It's a VERY fun place to eat - I STILL remember this big, burly guy being made to sing "I'm a little teapot" - I almost choked on my meal I was laughing so hard!

-Sarah