PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Contemporary!

ltam16
03-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Let me share my excitement! We were originally going to stay at Pop again, but my DH wanted to stay at a monorail resort. So now we just changed our rservations and we are staying at Contemporary in the tower with MK views!!!!!! This is a big jump up and we are really splurging! But we are brining the grandparents and thought it would be easier on the monorail and we do like to take afternoon breaks.

Please tell me about food court, pools, and anything special....

Thanks! Only 41 days to go!

Niecyboo
03-06-2008, 05:04 PM
We stayed at the contemporary last year, it I loved it. It really is easier to walk to Magic Kingdom, and shorter than you can imagine. We were upgraded to a MK view and my favorite part was that as I walked into the room, the mirror was positioned so it reflected the castle. That way I never forgot exactly where I was. At that time, the room had free wireless internet, as they were testing a new system. I was also worried about the sound from Chef Mickey and the monorail, but unless you were standing in the front hall, you couldn't hear a thing.

scootch713
03-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Oh my.... you are so blessed! I hAve stayed mainly in wing rooms, but in 2006 I took my niece who was dying of cancer and they gave us a free upgrade to a MK view room. WOW... is all I can say, the view is wonderful, we even watched the fireworks from our bed. :) There are touch lights when you get up in the middle of the night to go the bathroom, little night lights light up your way.... the room is huge.... you also get a day bed and the closeness to MK and the monorail is just unbeatable. It is hard staying elsewhere after having a room like that. My girls are begging me to go back to the Contemporary MK view room... maybe someday I will splurge and do it for them, to honor my niece(she passed 4 months after our trip at the age of 21) You will just LOVE the Contemporary and the monorail too!

marutzw
03-06-2008, 07:10 PM
You can't beat staying at a monorail hotel...it is just great. It saves so much transportation time. If you want to eat at Chef mickey's you better make your reservations soon because it books up fast. They have a quick service counter resteraunt downstairs that I believe is still open 24 hours. Then you have Chef mickey's, in my opinion one of the best buffets at WDW. Then you have the Concourse steak house which is very good and the California Grill with views of the Magic Kingdom from the top floor. The pool is huge and has a slide. Enjoy!!!

Lynn J Mc
03-07-2008, 03:37 PM
This is my favorite hotel. Always ask when you get in line for the monorail if you can sit up front with the driver. Even if there are already people in line, ASK. They may not. Also I believe the counterservice downstairs has closed and moved upstairs. We enjoyed watching the fireworks from the room. You can also see the Elec. Water Parade from that side but not as well as from the Bay Lake side. IF you haven't seen it before, go down to the beach to watch it from the Bay Lake side. The things I didn't like on our last visit there was that the fridge had to be moved to work. This was a design problem and i hope they have worked it out by now. The same problem in all rooms. Also, there is little (NO) counter service in the bathroom but the sinks are flat so we turned one of them in to counter space. Also it is difficult to get the water to drain in the sinks as they are that flat. Have a great time! This hotel is my idea of DW.

Disnamic Duo
03-07-2008, 03:49 PM
What a great upgrade for you! You will have a GREAT time! My wife and I just stayed there for the 1st time this past January. Other posters have mentioned many of the great features of the CR, but our favorite thing was watching the castle change colors...FROM OUR BED!! We'd wake up in the middle of the night, just look to our left, and there it was! That was really cool!

DizNee143
03-07-2008, 04:19 PM
thank you ltam16 for starting this thread..i will be staying here also..for my honeymoon in oct..it has been my dream resort..and with the reposnds you got back so far..i think we will enjoy staying at this resort!!!!! i cant wait! :mickey:

KarenP
03-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Imo, it does not get any better than a MK view room in the Contemporary. It is a great resort. You can't beat the monorial going right through and how close you are to Magic Kingdom. This is such a high energy resort. I feel like I am in the center of the magic when I stay here.

PoohnTink
04-13-2008, 09:28 AM
We are thinking about staying at the Contemporary next year....can anyone tell us what all the construction is for and when it is supposed to be done? Has anyone stayed there recently and did it interfere with your stay? Thanks!:confused:

04-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Imo, it does not get any better than a MK view room in the Contemporary. It is a great resort. You can't beat the monorial going right through and how close you are to Magic Kingdom. This is such a high energy resort. I feel like I am in the center of the magic when I stay here.

I agree. We've stayed in a garden wing and also in the tower with a MK view. Well worth the extra money to stay in the tower. We also like to go back to the resort for afternoon breaks so it makes it convenient with the monorail. You will love the CR.

Disnamic Duo
04-14-2008, 02:21 PM
We are thinking about staying at the Contemporary next year....can anyone tell us what all the construction is for and when it is supposed to be done? Has anyone stayed there recently and did it interfere with your stay? Thanks!:confused:

We were just there the last week of January - in the height of the construction - and it didn't bother us at all. They're building a new tower for the DVC. Not sure when it's supposed to be completed.

DisneyCrazy
04-14-2008, 02:59 PM
We are thinking about staying at the Contemporary next year....can anyone tell us what all the construction is for and when it is supposed to be done?

The Kingdom Tower (new rumored DVC) is scheduled to be completed toward the end of 2009. There are also some ongoing changes inside of the Tower. The Concourse Steakhouse is scheduled to close on May 31. The steakhouse will be replaced by a new restaurant on the 1st floor - The Wave - which will open in early June. The space occupied by the Steakhouse will be converted to Chef MIckey's Express, the new quick service restaurant which will open sometimes in the fall. There's a temporary quick service spot on the 4th floor with limited offerings - Tempo Grab & Go.