PDA

View Full Version : Mini Bar?

Gooftroop5
03-06-2008, 02:00 PM
We are staying at the Caribbean and everything I read says there is a mini bar. I was thinking about requesting it be removed. We have 2 little ones and don't feel like fighting with them to keep them out. We want the refrig so we can keep our own snacks & drinks in it.

Has anyone asked to have the mini bar removed or is there really not one?

Tick-Tock
03-06-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't recall ever seeing a mini bar at a WDW resort. The fridge, yes, but it's always been empty.

yjgirl715
03-06-2008, 02:08 PM
I too do not recall seeing a mini bar in our refrigerator. I also stayed at the CBR and had a DS(3) who I would not want in it.

tennantsrwe
03-06-2008, 02:09 PM
I also don't recall minbars at WDW. I guess I don't expect Disney to have minibars, kinda detracts from the family atmosphere,especially if it's stocked full of alcohol. (Just my opinion) If you're concerned, which I understand having little ones myself, I'd call the resort directly and question it. That way you know if you need to make the offical request to have it removed from your room. Hope this helps!!

WishingStar2006
03-06-2008, 03:04 PM
There are minibars in the fridge at Grand Floridian....those are the only minibars that I have encountered at WDW. There is no "fridge" per se'....just the minibar.

At least that's how it was when I was there in 2006.

ChipDale2708
03-06-2008, 03:08 PM
I want to say the mini-bars are gone from all resorts and are now just empty refrigerators. Seems like when we stayed at the YC last year you could buy a package and have the fridge stocked. They used to have them because one time when we were there I came down w/ bronchitis and the person that stocked it filled it w/ ginger ale and juice for me instead of the soda offerings. I'm not sure what is available at the different levels of resorts at this time. Someone will be along w/ more info. :thumbsup:

felix18
03-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I have stayed at CBR twice, most recent stay in October 07 and did not have a mini-bar just an empty fridge-very handy for cold drinks and snacks. Not very big but it did hold alot for the size. Have a great vacation:mickey:

LynneM
03-06-2008, 06:19 PM
There are no minibars at CBR, just an empty fridge.

I don't think the mods ever had minibars; I remember one at the GF years ago, but they've since been removed.

Gooftroop5
03-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Thank you everyone for your help. It was info I needed.