PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Delivery?

Princess2BsMom
03-06-2008, 12:43 PM
For those of you who get groceries delivered to your room - who do you go through? I have heard of a couple of different places and was just wondering who was good. Thanks!:mickey:

Tinksalot
03-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Garden Grocer. No complaints! :mickey:

gauvin4
03-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Another vote for Garden Grocer! I used them in Dec. 2007. They were fantastic. If you have any questions before ordering, give them a call. They were very helpful (and patient) :blush: with me.

Dellossom
03-06-2008, 03:02 PM
I'll be staying at Old Key West this coming July. I would love more information about Grocery delivery. Are there web sites for the service? If not, how do I contact them to obtain prices and set up the service? Any info you all can share is greatly appreciated :cart:

Dellossom
03-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks! Just took a look at the web sit, it looks like my problem is solved:mickey:. Thanks again

jpH/keD
03-06-2008, 03:32 PM
We used Garden Grocer in Nov 07 and it was perfect. The items we ordered were in our rooms ready when we got there. I would not hesitate to use them again! Gotta have my Diet Pepsi!! :thumbsup:

Princess2BsMom
03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
So --- if you order before you get there, they will have it in your room at your arrival?

Mommy2boys
03-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Garden grocer

Speedy1998
03-06-2008, 10:01 PM
So --- if you order before you get there, they will have it in your room at your arrival?

No, they will leave it with the front desk. I recomend you schedule them to deliver it after you arrive, that way they will bring it to the room for you.

Another vote for Garden Grocer by the way.

playdead88
03-07-2008, 06:07 AM
we use garden grocer and we also schedule the delivery between 3 and 4 pm this way its delivered at check in time - oh and we have used another grocery delivery service in the past but garden grocer is our fave by far! :mickey:

CleveRocks
03-07-2008, 04:19 PM
I've used Gooding's twice. With them, the only way they deliver is to Bell Services. Bell Services then gets it to you (and keeps the cold stuff cold if you're not in to accept the delivery). Because of this, you don't need to schedule a delivery time, and thus you're not stuck waiting around for a delivery to arrive ... you can be out having fun!

In addition to Garden Grocer already mentioned, there's WeGoShop.

All of these places have websites. All of these places require orders in advance ... you can't order today and get your delivery today.

Each place only has so much capacity, so it's possible for days to "sell out" ... this is a good argument for placing your order ASAP rather than waiting. I got locked out of using Garden Grocer for my last trip even though I called about 5 weeks in advance. Perhaps not a typical example, but a real one.

I had great experiences with Gooding's. I was impressed with the local Garden Grocer franchise owner, whom I spoke with by phone. I have no first-hand knowledge of WeGoShop. I can say that I've never read any substantial negative reviews of any of these three.

Flower
03-07-2008, 08:42 PM
We used Garden Grocer in Sept - place your order as early as possible because there delivery time slots can fill up.

We were due to arrive in Orlando Friday evening, I could have booked their latest delivery time but opted to book their earliest delivery time Saturday morning in case our flight was delayed and we arrived late.

They arrived the Saturday morning at the room within the 2 hour window and as soon as we unpacked we were ready to hit the parks!

We were happy with their service and the fruits were ones we would have picked out ourselves if we were at the store.

We had brought a fold up cooler for milk, juice, etc. as we were staying at POP.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-07-2008, 09:23 PM
We used Garden Grocer and had no complaints. They aren't cheap but it was good service and 3 of us pooled our order. And as someone has already mentioned, place your order early because you might not get the delivery date you want.

momof3+twins
03-08-2008, 08:14 AM
I think that it would drive me crazy having a two hour time frame. Someone mentione that bell hop would take it. What about Pop, would they hold it if it arrived and you weren't there?

CleveRocks
03-08-2008, 08:32 AM
I think that it would drive me crazy having a two hour time frame. Someone mentione that bell hop would take it. What about Pop, would they hold it if it arrived and you weren't there?
Yes.

With Garden Grocer, it's something you have to arrange in advance with Garden Grocer. With Gooding's, it's their standard operating procedure ... Gooding's WON'T try to schedule a delivery for a certain window when you have to be there, they just deliver it that day to the resort staff, period. And the resort does not need to know about it ahead of time.

dolphinmickey9170
03-08-2008, 02:25 PM
We use Garden Grocer. We've had good luck with it each time. Their prices aren't that crazy in comparison to other grocery stores in the area, trust me, I've done my homework. We order milk, juices, pepsi, cereal, coffee creamer and other snacks, and diapers. There is a $40 minimum with a $12 delivery charge. When you figure in a rental car for this trip or just a taxi to and from the store with waiting time and tip to the driver, you will spend more than the $12. We set up delivery for about 2 hours after our flight arrival. Bell services will hold your items, and refrigerate any perishables, until you call for them to be delivered to your room. It's a great service. I booked last week for May. This way I don't have to worry about them being booked on my delivery date requested. Just go to their website and find out all the info you'll ever need. Give them a call too, they are a great group of folks who helped me on the phone last week when I was having troube with their website taking my payment. I hightly recommend them!!

khkymanager
03-08-2008, 05:24 PM
We used GardenGrocer the last two times we went and had no problems. They had everything needed and wanted. We are using them again when we go in August.