PDA

View Full Version : How is Crystal Palce for dinner?

Catzle
03-06-2008, 12:34 PM
We are thinking of having dinner here the night of our P&P party and have never been.

senderella
03-06-2008, 01:10 PM
We love Crystal Palace..it is always a favorite with the entire family. I would check and see if it is going to be open during the party. The past three parties I have been to, Crystal Palace was closed and Liberty Tree Tavern was the only "sit down" resturant. Of course, Liberty Tree is a great place too.

JPL
03-06-2008, 01:12 PM
The food at CP is good with a nice variety of dishes so you will definately find something you like:thumbsup:

tennantsrwe
03-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Hi.
We've eaten at CP for dinner our last 2 trips. We really enjoy it, the food is great and there is a a vast selection. I think everyone would easily find a favorite dish. Plus it is a character dinner which is great for the kids, and us kids at heart. Our last trip in Dec the service wasn't as good as it was the first time, but our waitress was also very busy with big parties. We, too, were a party of 8. She wasn't rude or anything, I think she was just a little overwhelmed. I would say try it at least once. I think you'll enjoy it.

mouseketeer mom
03-06-2008, 02:15 PM
We secured very last minute ADR's (1/2 hour after we called!) for Crystal Palace for dinner last year before our Pirate and Princess party. We really enjoyed it. My husband is not easily swept up in the Disney magic like I am, and he claims it was one of the best Disney dinners we had during our trip. We helped ourself to the buffet a few times and enjoyed the playful characters. We would repeat the Crystal Palace for dinner again. Its a good pick!

Suz36
03-06-2008, 02:35 PM
We really enjoyed CP. We went in December, and had ADRs for before MVMCP. It worked out really well. The food was good, and the characters were very playful. Even my DH enjoyed interacting with Tigger, and the smiles on my kid's faces that I was able to capture with my camera were some of the best we had the whole trip! Enjoy!

SurferStitch
03-06-2008, 02:37 PM
DH and I will be eating dinner there for the first time in May. We are eating there before we go to the P&PP. We always do LTT before a party, but wanted to try something different.

The breakfasts are so good at CP, I figured dinner must be, too. Glad to hear the positive responses!

03-06-2008, 03:46 PM
We ate at Crystal Palace the first time we went to WDW and have eaten there every trip since. It's a tradition for us now to have dinner there the first night we arrive. Our new tradition is going to be having breakfast there before park opening. We did this last yr and loved it.

Jared
03-06-2008, 09:13 PM
The Crystal Palace is a dependable and fun character meal. It's nothing special, but the food is solid, and you won't leave disappointed. I prefer it to Chef Mickey's, but I like 1900 Park Fare a little more.

aurorafan
03-07-2008, 09:07 AM
We had a 5 pm dinner there before MNSSHP and it worked out really well! We got nice and full before a full evening/night of festitivities and no one was complaining about being hungry ;). The character interactions were great and the adobo pulled pork was fantastic :). The boys loved Pooh's corner (even my almost 10 y.o. ;)) and the make your own sundae bar was a huge hit :thumbsup:.

I'm going to make ressies there again for this year before we do MVMCP :).

GrmGrninGost
03-07-2008, 12:28 PM
My family found the food to be so-so at best. We also had a problem with Pooh's attitude. He acted like he was too busy for photos and autographs. We have eaten there for breakfast in the past and will continue to do so. As far as dinner, this was probably our last.

Jasper
03-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Crystal Palace has been a regular stop for us ever since our kids were young. I now have two in college and one in fifth grade and we still have to eat at least one meal there every trip.

While we do go more for the atmosphere and the characters than we do for the food, the food is actually rather good. We like the broad selection and since the Crystal Palace is always quite busy the food never has a chance to sit around and get that warmed over nasty taste and texture that can happen at buffet style restaurants. If you can get in, I would DEFINITELY give it a go!

I know that another poster mentioned having a bad experience with Pooh at I believe a dinner sitting. We have done breakfast, lunch, and dinner at different times and have found them to be VERY consistent. While I do believe the other poster when they said they had a bad experience, based on our MANY meals at Crystal Palace I really believe that the other poster just had a localized experience that is not typical of what you find there. That doesn't make it any better for the other person but I just wanted you to be aware of other experiences.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-07-2008, 09:42 PM
I think I've eaten at CP every single time I've been there and the food is always good. The service has usually been pretty good too, except for our last trip. Maybe that's because we were on the Dining Plan?

LilHooligan74
03-08-2008, 12:52 AM
We ate there last year for dinner on an EMH night(may not have any bearing). Thoroughly enjoyed the dinner. The characters were great. That was our first night there and we were 30 mins late coming in from Savannah on top of the summer thunderstorms, yet we were seated very quickly and had a blast!!! It was packed too. Service was good.