PDA

View Full Version : FQ dirty ?!?!?

EmmMOM2
03-06-2008, 09:10 AM
I know you have to take online reviews with a grain of salt. BUT on one of the review sites almost 4 or 5 in a row who stayed at FQ recently had said housekeeping wasn't up to par and that their rooms were dirty.

Has anyone else found this?

My DH is used to staying in Deluxe resorts...will he be disapointed in this choice?

I HATE second guessing myself.

pox24
03-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Never had problem. Its a nice place to stay.:thumbsup:

vicster
03-06-2008, 10:24 AM
We're staying at FQ in September so I hope it's up to par. We usually stay at WL. My friend's neighbor recommended it and she's pretty picky about where she stays so I feel pretty confident about staying there.

SurferStitch
03-06-2008, 10:31 AM
We haven't stayed at POFQ, but a friend of mine did. She didn't rave about mousekeeping, but didn't say they were bad, either. I would consider staying at POFQ sometime.

We stayed at POR twice in the mansions (2 trips 3 months apart back in 2003), and we had horrible mousekeeping both times. Our rooms were always dirty, musty and looked like they never touched them. Someone else's nether region tresses were still on the bathroom floor when we checked in, and were never cleaned up (well, not until I cleaned it up). We found blood on our sheets once (disgusting - WASN'T OURS). Stained carpeting, chipped and marked up walls, cobwebs everywhere, dirty floors....:ack:

We will never stay there again.

gauvin4
03-06-2008, 10:33 AM
I was there during Christmas this past year and I found the housekeeping to be just fine. We never had a problem and that was during the extremely busy holiday season!! I loved the resort!!! :mickey: Hope you have a great trip!

AZ Disney
03-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Sorry, but we did experience this in Jan 2008 at POFQ. It was not clean upon arrival and did not get any better through out the week. We had used toothpaste in our sink and then I began to look around further...shouldn't have done that. It really grossed me out the rest of the week. We left $4 each day for mousekeeping and did recieve a few towel animals. The bathroom was the main issue for us. Hope you don't find the same conditions.

bringbackhorizons
03-06-2008, 10:52 AM
We stayed at POFQ in Feb 07, and to be honest the standards were a little lower than we'd expected. It was my 9th visit to Orlando but it was my first time on site, and we were a little shocked. But, having said that, it really wasn't THAT bad, just not the standard you would expect from Disney, and we would stay there again.

Olivia's Daddy
03-06-2008, 10:52 AM
We stayed at the FQ twice without a problem. Everything was nice and clean.

Catzle
03-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't worry, I think you can find bad comments about almost every resort. I have recently read some bad ones about the Poly and mouskeeping and also wondered what was in store for us when we go. But I think with the thousands of people that stay at the resorts some are going to have a bad experiences.

LauraF
03-06-2008, 11:32 AM
I've stayed there a bunch of times and never had a problem worth getting upset over. Like somebody previously said - I wouldn't rave about the service, but I'd not complain either, which is fine with me.

SleepinB
03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Sorry. Another bad experience post for mousekeeping at the POR. We stayed at POR in 2006 and were very disappointed in the lack of cleaning. If the beds had not been made, there would not have been any signs that the room had been touched.

It was our first on-site stay in 15 years. Our experience with mousekeeping was bad enough that we will not be staying at the POR again.

lynnrapata
03-06-2008, 11:44 AM
We stayed there in August of 2007 and our room was just fine. Everything was clean and in it's place. We'll be staying at AKL in October and I hope our experience is just as good as the one we had at POFQ.

CleveRocks
03-07-2008, 04:35 PM
POFQ was spotless the whole week I was there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-07-2008, 04:47 PM
We've stayed at FQ, and had no issues with housekeeping at all!

wendy*darling
03-07-2008, 06:49 PM
We will be trying POFQ for the first time in September.

I expect good mousekeeping in any resort we stay. If I arrive in a room and it has not been cleaned well- I call them immediately.
I do not wait for them to figure it out and I do not clean it myself.

If I don't call, the manager will not know the room was dirty. Sometimes it's just oversight, sometimes they may have been rushing through too quickly. I do not believe it is ever intentional.
And I do know that if you call- they will take care of your room or you can ask to be moved.

There should be no fear of unclean rooms- just speak to a manger right away. :mickey:

swampfox28
03-07-2008, 07:10 PM
It's been a little over a year since we stayed at POFQ, so I can't speak for recently (sorry!), but we had NO problems at all and felt our Mousekeeping was very good the whole time we were there!

Take heart - we LOVE POFQ! Since we'll likely never stay in a deluxe (unless we win a Disney vacation with one OR win the lottery!), we HOPE to stay in POFQ when we go because we liked it so much.

I'm going for a long weekend in April and we're staying in POP (which I like, but not as much as POFQ!)

-Sarah

Kairi_7378
03-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Stayed at FQ in October. Thought that Mousekeeping did a great job. I thought that FQ was cleaner than RS.

Jenemmy
03-07-2008, 07:27 PM
We stayed at POFQ for the first time January 2008 and had a nice, clean room for the duration of our stay. We didn't get any towel animals, but we did get new Mickey soaps and shampoos daily, and everything was in good order in the room.

I agree with previous posters...it should be fine, but if for some reason it isn't up to your standards, definitely call the front desk to have it remedied.

LudwigVonDrake
03-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm staying at PORFQ for the first time in July so I hope the negative reviews turn out to be wrong.

kbean
03-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Sounds like it all depends on who cleans your room. Some take pride in the work and some could not care.

McGoofy
03-08-2008, 05:17 AM
We stayed at FQ a few times and have never had problems. I really like that resort and would definitely go back.:thumbsup:

Magic Smiles
03-29-2008, 10:35 PM
We have stayed there 4 times. The 1st three times in Bldg 5 - Mousekeeping was great and always clean. This past Dec 07 we were in Bldg 2 and Mousekeeping was not that good. As other have mentioned I guess it all depends on who you get to clean your room. I would definitely continue to stay at the POFQ however.

#1donaldfan
03-30-2008, 09:03 AM
We've never had a problem with mousekeeping!!!

IF, we had a room that was not touched, like it's been mentioned, why not inquire about it??
I would ask someone at the resort why wasn't my room cleaned, I'll bet the rest of your stay they'd make very sure room was perfect!! It's the Disney way to make you feel GREAT..if your room is not done right the first time ASK, they WILL make it right........is that not why we continue to go back year after year?????:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
03-30-2008, 09:51 AM
We've stayed there 3-4 times and never had a problem:mickey:

garymacd
03-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Someone else's nether region tresses were still on the bathroom floor when we checked in..

Nether region tresses!!!!

:funny:

:rotfl:

Good one:high5:

:haha:

:laughing:

Seriously, we have never had a problem there, either. And as you can see by my signature, we have stayed there alot. If it had been bad once, yeah, we would take it. Twice, though, that would be bad and possibly a death knell for us ever staying there again.

But it didn't happen. And thankfully, we never saw anyone's ... Nether Region Tresses.

katzctkpt
03-31-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear that your stay wasn't up to par with the mousekeepers. I will say our room at POR was always clean looking after her visit. The only thing this past year that upset our children were there was no animal towels made. The years prior the mousekeeper done the room up right once even taking one of the stuffed kittens sat it on the floor outside of the bathroom and had toilet paper trailing it with little pieces torn on the floor. Our youngest dd thought that was the most funniest thing ever. Just to see her little face (a picture of a thousand words) We just thought maybe this was a new mousekeeper and didn't know how to make them yet. We did leave her daily tips but, not what we left others. The more they done in the room the more $$$ left.

mykidsmom
03-31-2008, 02:09 PM
I read daily, post rarely. I have to comment on this issue. We visit WDW yearly. I have stayed at POFQ every year for the past five years. On our visit this Jan 08, our room was dirty, as it was the year before. Soiled toilet, hair in shower and sanitary products in the trash can. Upon reporting the issue, housekeeping paid us a visit, but still not adequate. Dirty floors, and table tops added to the list. That being said, I enjoy POFQ and will continue to stay there. I have accepted the fact that this department is seriously lacking and I will continue to report it when it's an issue.

mook3y
03-31-2008, 04:52 PM
in 2007, we stayed at POFQ for 11 nights.

At the beginning of our stay, the room was not cleaned very well, we let it slide because we were tired and just wanted to go to bed.

The next day, they didnt even clean our room at all - make beds - empty trash, etc. (and no, we didn't leave the do not disturb sign out)

So, i called mousekeeping, explained how the previous day was and that it was not cleaned that day. The room was very clean within the hour.

we were pleased with how well the room was cleanded after that.

If your not happy, pick up the phone and they will take care of it for ya!

SoccerMom
04-13-2008, 06:10 PM
We just got back from POFQ and had no problems at all with cleanliness both in the rooms (we had 2) and in the food court. We got towel animals in both rooms and we very pleased. We were in building #6.

PetefromRI
04-14-2008, 07:30 PM
We had the same concerns as of late so last Saturday I e-mailed Disney and let them know that I've been reading some questionable reviews lately.This is the reply that I recieved today:

"Dear Peter,
Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We appreciate your concern and value your opinion.We take extreme measures to ensure our guests at Walt Disney World enjoy a safe and clean enviroment.Please contact the Disney Port Orleans French Quarter front desk if there is any problems with your stay,they will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to your visit in May!

If you have questions or need further assistance,feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name,E-mail address,and reservation number if applicable on all correspondence.

Thank You!

Sincerely,
Angela Bilodeau
WDW Online Communications"

So like everyone says,if there's a problem,call the front desk.I bet if everyone with this concern E-mailed Disney and questioned them,Disney would make sure that any problems would be corrected.

Here's to a clean trip in May.;)

marutzw
04-14-2008, 09:42 PM
We were there 10 days ago and it was very clean. We spent 6 nights at the Beach Club before we went to POFQ.

Aggie97
04-14-2008, 10:11 PM
We stayed there in Dec. and did not have any problems with cleanliness. :mickey: