PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare?

Princess2BsMom
03-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Just wondering what everyone thought about 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. We are thinking about doing it for supper one night. I think are princess would love to see the characters .... but my husband will want to know about the quality of the food. Thanks!!:mickey:

DISNEYFIX
03-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Loved breakfast would highly recommend it. Haven't tried dinner yet.

wendy*darling
03-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Dinner is very good. We enjoy the selection of food- a nice variety. I have always encountered hot, fresh offerings... and the carving station is excellent.
The only negative I can share is that sometimes it gets very noisy in there.

I say go for it- it's a fun meal.
And DH can get his picture taken with Cinderella! :thumbsup:

Young@Heart
03-05-2008, 10:05 PM
My DH LOVED the food at dinner and says we HAVE to go back there every trip! We've already got our ADR for Aug. :thumbsup: I enjoyed the food too, and so did our DC. I thought there was a good variety and everything I tried I loved (and I'm a picky eater). The desserts were the best! :cloud9:

We loved the character interaction, and were disappointed to hear the mice are gone. But I've seen clips of the stepsisters on YouTube and they're hilarious!!! Can't wait to go!

sloslo
03-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Love this restaurant! Great buffet, excellent quality food and you're right in the middle of the best hotel. The characters are real cool and my DD loved them. You will enjoy it. Have fun :mickey:

Princess2BsMom
03-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks! I just hate not knowing what to expect!I think that we will try this one this go around. It's really hard to make decisions about what you want to eat 6 Months in advance! But, DD is a Cinderella fanatic so this will be perfect for her. What all characters are usually at the dinner?

Jared
03-06-2008, 10:21 AM
My family liked 1900 Park Fare more than the other major character meals at Chef Mickey's and The Crystal Palace. The food seemed a little fresher and better prepared, and the service was a bit more attentive.

Like Linda said, the restaurant is quite noisy, but so are all the character buffets. I think you'll have a good time.

:tasty:

KAT1811
03-06-2008, 10:23 AM
We really enjoy 1900. It is our traditional first meal in WDW. We usually do dinner there on our first night. We love the offerings and we do not typically care for buffets but this one strikes our fancy. Plus dinner in the GF with Cinderella is a hard one to beat with 3 DDs.

Taja
03-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks! I just hate not knowing what to expect!I think that we will try this one this go around. It's really hard to make decisions about what you want to eat 6 Months in advance! But, DD is a Cinderella fanatic so this will be perfect for her. What all characters are usually at the dinner?

Cinderella, Prince Charming, Stepmother & Stepsisters.

MNMS
03-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Of all the character meals we've had (CP, CRT, Princess Storybook, Liberty Tree, Chef Mickey) and some other non character meals (Biergarten, Hollywood & Vine), 1900 Park Fare is the best. We really liked the dinner.

adoptionislove
03-06-2008, 10:51 PM
It is really fun! Great food, great service and that Prince Charming is so handsome!

GrmGrninGost
03-07-2008, 12:33 PM
IMHO 1900 PF might have the best food of the character buffets. We have found it to be excellent at times. As far as the characters, the interaction is usually wonderful! I can't imagine you not having a great time! :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I haven't eaten there in a while but when we did the food was great. The waitress was kind of rushing us but everything else was fantastic.

wilshade
03-09-2008, 01:42 AM
I took 4 special needs guys there in December. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was good and the chaarcter interaction was excellent. Cinderella was the best single character interaction we had during our entire stay!

ltam16
03-09-2008, 11:10 AM
My ds age 8 really wanted to go back because he loved the food. He is not into the princesses, so I was surprised that this was his first choice for a meal!

Princess2BsMom
03-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Well, I wasn't for sure if we were going to do this one or not. But, now I know that I am going to try and get an ADR for it! If it is as good as everybody has said I know we will love it, too!