PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter 03/05

chrisb26
03-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Ahoy, lads and lassies – hoist an anchor and get ready to set sail! Tis another edition of Yavn Speaks, this time with extra arrgh!

Aye, ye scallywags, it's me again. So you've come looking adventure and salty old pirates, eh? Well you have definitely come to the right place. We've got adventure and seadogs a plenty this month.

Let's a take a look at what's going on:

The Pirates Have Landed!

In case you hadn't guessed our theme this month is Pirates and what better way to celebrate being a pirate than introduce you to a game that truly lets you live the life of a pirate!

No, I'm not talking about VMK, I'm talking about Pirates of the Caribbean Online! We're partnering with our pals at POTCO for a whole month of Pirates fun!

Live the Legend! Check out Pirates of the Caribbean Online!

Just one part of the many treasures VMK will be giving away this month, you'll get a chance to win a special 14-day Unlimited Access Membership to Pirates of the Caribbean Online! But don't wait to win because you can check out part of the game for free now!

We're really excited to offer you this opportunity because Pirates of the Caribbean Online is such a cool game. Maybe you've gotten a chance to already check it out? If not (and even if have) head on over to Pirates of the Caribbean Online and Live the Legend!

Pirates Plunder & Other Surprises

In addition to those 14-day Unlimited Access Memberships to Pirates of the Caribbean Online we'll also be plunderin' VMK's stockroom's for other pirate treasure. Like Turn Into Shark Magic which we just released (you may think this magic is a better in a Nemo month, but ask any pirate what he hates most – beside the East Indian Trading Company – and I'll bet he'll tell you sharks) and Ariel's Treasure Chest. These treasures from the sea are all just part of our celebration of Pirates!

Arrgh! Somebody scratch the barnacles off me port side!

Did somebody ask for another chance at Coral Magic? Well it's back, and hidden somewhere in the Kingdom. Now if you ride a dark ride or two you'll be a step closer to finding it – but you'll have to do your homework to find out exactly how you can claim that treasure.

Speaking of claiming treasure, we've got a bounty of treasure that you'll have a chance to get your hands on this month – including a magic carpet you've been asking about forever. We'll have more details on just how you can lay your hook on it later in the month though.

What pirate wouldn't mind a few extra VMK credits? Well, Captain Blackheart might know something about where to find some 'em, and those treasure chest might be hiding something interesting too.

But we've got lots of other treasures hidden in the Kingdom (like double rewards for those Pirates mini-games), you just got to get in the game, talk to our NPC's for hints and like any good pirate, do some treasure hunting.

Jolly Roger Flag's, Ride-A-Thon's And Gallery Getaways

About that Jolly Roger Flag, so the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride-A-Thon threw a slight wrench in the works that kept us from properly getting those Jolly Roger Flag Posters to all the players that logged in on 3-1-08. No worries though, we're fixing the problem and are planning a day to make it up to you. We'll keep you posted, but in the meantime, keep watching the Event Info section for news about that.

Arrgh! How about that Pirates of the Caribbean Ride-A-Thon to kick off our Pirates of the Caribbean Online month? We've got another POTC Ride-A-Thon coming up, so be sure to check out the Event Info section for details.

More cool events that are on the way are the Pirate & Princess Parties! (That's right, I said Parties!) This event will correspond with the actual in-Park events so if you can't get to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, be sure to join us in VMK for this very awesome celebration.

Speaking of cool events many of you had a chance to take part in the recent VMK Gallery event "Making the Magic" and meet some of the guys behind VMK. If you didn't get a chance to meet the makers and see the stuff that was previewed, we're sorry but don't worry – we'll have another chance for you to do so.

We had considered previewing the stuff in the Newsletter page but we thought it would be much cooler to show you the stuff in-game as well as give you a chance to interact with VMK staff directly. Again, we're working on making future Gallery events larger so more people can be a part of the fun.

Setting Sail!

Arrgh! That about wraps it up for now. Like I said, be sure to keep checking the Newsletter for event date and times. I also hear my second mate, the Yeti, will be back with new info, while our pal Shrunken Ned will keep you up on new item releases and that Event Info section will keep you up on what's happening in the Kingdom.

Finally, don't forget to get suited up in your best pirate attire when you enter the Kingdom – you wouldn't want to have to walk the plank, would ya?

Arrgh! See you in the game!
Yavn

chrisb26
03-05-2008, 07:49 PM
So it looks like Flying Carpet Magic will finally be released this month! Which is pretty cool cause that is an awesome magic.

Blue Genie
03-05-2008, 08:55 PM
But don't forget how much it's going to cost. 10000

chrisb26
03-05-2008, 09:10 PM
But don't forget how much it's going to cost. 10000

I'm not so sure they are even going to sell it. When I was in the Gallery last week with PirateVinnie he was talking about the new magics (Shark, Lightning, and Flying Carpet). He then said it wont be on sale. I missed what he said but he was talking about either Flying Carpet or Lightning. My guess is he was talking about Flying Carpet magic because Yavn said in the newsletter they would tell you how you'll be able to get it later in the month so for all we know it could be something that isn't buying. I really hope it wouldn't be released like Inferno was originally released that could be bad. So I guess I'm hoping it does go on sale for 10,000 credits and not some other way that would make it very difficult to get.

Blue Genie
03-05-2008, 11:11 PM
u mean like 1 time use.

chrisb26
03-05-2008, 11:25 PM
u mean like 1 time use.

No Inferno was originally released in a limited amount in host events. It wasn't for very long and it wasn't to many people which is part of the reason Inferno was so rare. I don't know the exact way Inferno used to be released since I wasn't on vmk but I think it was something like that.

WDWfanatic742
03-06-2008, 01:49 AM
I remember the night vividly actually. There was some kind of event or something and the staff were going room by room and giving everyone either Inferno or Teleportation magic. Now at that time, neither had ever been released since the Tomorrowland quest wasn't released until after that.

JPL
03-06-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm guessing it will be either the trading card game or Movie Rewards

Chescat
03-06-2008, 11:28 AM
I think Movie Rewards also. Is there a picture of a flying carpet as one of those cards in the card game? I don't remember. :confused:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Slightly OT, but just wondering about the POTC Online part. If you get tattoos, clothes, and jewelry etc. when you're Unlimited, but then isn't unlimited anymore. Would you still keep the stuff that only Unlimited gets? Or would you just waste your gold for nothing and they would disappear from your inventory?

Anywhoo back on topic. Magic looks cool, can't wait to see the Flying Carpet and especially Lightning. Then again, they choose the busiest month for me to release 'em, and I'll bet they won't be cheap. Blah :D