PDA

View Full Version : Are there any TS restaurants in MK where you can see Wishes?

swampfox28
03-05-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm sorry to ask this if it's been asked a thousand times before, but I've been searching for hours and can't seem to find the info I want/need.

I'm going on a "girls only" trip in April with my best friend from high school and I'm trying to figure out where to eat on our "MK day" which is going to be Sunday, April 13th.

Wishes happens at 10 pm that night. I was hoping that there might be a good place to eat where we can watch the fireworks?

I've thought of Calif. Grill, but am not leaning in that direction as I don't know if I could spend 2 of our DDP credits for just one meal! Is that our only option? We could leave MK, but I was hoping there might be something there - or any other suggestions you might have.

THANKS so much!

-Sarah

wdwfansince75
03-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Wishes can be seen from both California Grill and Ohana's...and I believe from Narcoosee's, but even for a party of two, it may be too late to get an ADR for April. I would try Ohana's...it is only one table service credit for dinner, good food, and a wonderful view of Wishes from much of the resturant.

SBETigg
03-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Instead of using DP credits, why not go to California Grill or Narcoossee's, have a drink, split a snack (like the CA Grill flatbreads or the cheese plate at Narcoossee's) and then you can watch the fireworks from the viewing area of either restaurant? 'Ohana is an option, but there's no guarantee of getting a view.

Duchess99
03-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Instead of using DP credits, why not go to California Grill or Narcoossee's, have a drink, split a snack (like the CA Grill flatbreads or the cheese plate at Narcoossee's) and then you can watch the fireworks from the viewing area of either restaurant? 'Ohana is an option, but there's no guarantee of getting a view.

:ditto:

CG has a terrace outside that provides a great view as well, but remember you can only go up there if you are eating.

swampfox28
03-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Okay, guys - THANKS!

I think we'll likely just eat in the park somewhere (I have no idea where yet!) and then watch Wishes.

My questions NOW are:

Where should we eat? (Table service - 2 adult best friends - no kids)

And where's the best place in your opinion, to watch Wishes? Can we get a good view from somewhere in the park or do we HAVE to really go ahead and go to CG?

I guess we COULD go to CG, but it'd have to be just for an appetizer and/or coffee and dessert. If we did THAT do we need to get and ADR for just that type of visit?

THANKS!! (you guys ROCK!)

SBETigg
03-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Time it right and you can be done eating in plenty of time for Wishes instead of combining both activities. I prefer to eat quick service in the MK because the table service choices are not my favorites. I will leave the park for table service meals, but if you plan to watch Wishes in the park, probably better to eat in the park.

In the MK:
Liberty Tree Tavern and Crystal Palace are character meals. There's also Tony's Town Square (Italian) which will let you end up right at the top of Main Street, a great place to settle in to watch Wishes. The Plaza is also a choice, mostly sandwiches and salads.

Outside the MK:
Grand Floridian Cafe is a relaxed and lovely place for a good dinner. You can plan it to get back to the park in time for Wishes.

Kona Cafe or 'Ohana at the Polynesian are also good, and you can time it to watch Wishes from the Polynesian beach afterwards.

swampfox28
03-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks for your ideas!

I appreciate it!!!!:D

swampfox28
03-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Maybe I'll take my friend to Whispering Canyon. I just looked at the WDW map and the WL isn't far from MK.

If we did it early enough it wouldn't take that long, and we could be back in plenty of time.

I really LOVED WC the one time I've eaten there!

Hmmm.....

-Sarah

offwego
03-05-2008, 10:26 PM
With whispering canyon timing for your meal and your fireworks will be an issue as I don't believe you'll get the audio for the fireworks from there even if you could see them.

If you have your heart set on resort dining at an affordable price and wishes Ohana's would be your best bet.

Tony's however would leave you near prime viewing location (essentially you want to be able to see the castle front if possible for the effects displayed on it) it's one table service and does offer italian food with a very north amercian twist to it. (we've had really good luck with the steaks there).

Hope you enjoy your trip.:mickey:

swampfox28
03-05-2008, 10:36 PM
I didnt' mean that I'd try to watch the fireworks at MK from WC, I meant that perhaps we'd leave the MK, go to WL/WC, and then return to MK as the fireworks aren't until 10 that night.

Did you like Tony's a lot? I'm getting some pretty mixed reviews, though it is my second choice. But the more I think about it, 10 pm is late to have dinner, so I think I'll try for a ADR at WL for around 7ish...give or take.

-Sarah

swampfox28
03-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Okay, I'm now trying to decide (if I can get an ADR, that is) between Whispering Canyon (quite a bit earlier than the fireworks), Tony's, or perhaps (because the menu looked good) the Concourse Steakhouse @ the contemporary.

Any thoughts appreciated...!

-Sarah

offwego
03-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Okay, I'm now trying to decide (if I can get an ADR, that is) between Whispering Canyon (quite a bit earlier than the fireworks), Tony's, or perhaps (because the menu looked good) the Concourse Steakhouse @ the contemporary.

Any thoughts appreciated...!

-Sarah

is the concourse still open with the construction? You may want to check the rehab section.

I've not been to WC but we've been to Tony's on each of our last three trips and had good meals and service each time. (I'm not saying it's CG mind you) We've had the steaks twice, the seafood pasta, the spag. (my ds loves it and the will do the meatballs and sausages if like him you can't make up your mind) the calamari was good, as was the tomato appetizer and the spinach dip.

All the desserts have been very good.

swampfox28
03-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Good question!

This is what I found:

"The Concourse Steak House will be closed for major renovations May 11 through August 14, 2008. The location will re-open as the new Counter Service location for the resort"

I wonder if it's May 11 2007 or 2008?!

I'll call Disney Dining tomorrow and ask.

Thanks for your helpful info!

-Sarah

Marker
03-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Since your original question was asking about TS choices IN the Magic Kingdom that you can see Wishes from, I'll toss this in.

My wife and I once had an anniversary dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table during the fireworks. They dimmed the lights, piped in the music, and the fireworks were awesome. Just so happened we had a table on the windows too.

We have also eaten at Tony's Town Square and found it very good. We were there duing SpectroMagic. You could catch an occasional glimpse of the parade. Wouldn't really be able to see the fireworks from there, but you'd be just off Main Street, and you wouldn't have to leave the park if that is your desire.

I would also think the Crystal Palace would offer a view of the fireworks, but I've never actually eaten there.

Taja
03-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Good question!

This is what I found:

"The Concourse Steak House will be closed for major renovations May 11 through August 14, 2008. The location will re-open as the new Counter Service location for the resort"

I wonder if it's May 11 2007 or 2008?!

I'll call Disney Dining tomorrow and ask.

Thanks for your helpful info!

-Sarah

It's 2008.

swampfox28
03-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the info.

As for ADR planning, for better or for worse I went ahead and scheduled an ADR for WC at 5:50 pm. Since the fireworks don't start until 10, I think we'll have plenty of time to eat and get back to MK for some more fun and then some fireworks!

THANKS everyone!

wendy*darling
03-06-2008, 03:00 PM
That sound like a good plan. You will have lots of time after dinner to see a bit of the WL (maybe even a drink in Territory Lounge), take the boat back to the MK and watch Wishes. If you want to throw a monorail trip in there just for fun- take the boat from the WL to the Contemporary and then catch the resort monorail.

As for viewing locations... I think anywhere on Main Street is good. You want to be able to see most of the front of the Castle if possible.

ldc12377
03-07-2008, 06:14 PM

If it were me, I'd go to the Concourse Steakhouse. It is a wonderful restaurant that doesn't get the credit that it deserves. We ate there on both of our trips last year and LOVED it both times!!! The food is excellent, the service was awesome, the selection was great...Basically, the entire meal was PERFECT on BOTH trips!!! We are very sad to see that this wonderful restaurant is closing. It also has a very relaxed feeling that would be great for adult-only diners. I would suggest that you and your friend try this "diamond-in-the-rough" before it is gone forever...:(

swampfox28
03-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Gone forever?!

I thought it was going to be closed for renovations...

Okay, you twisted my arm! (HEHE!) I've eaten at WC before and it's a great place, but more fun with a family-type situation (I'd think, anyway!)

I went and switched to Concourse Steakhouse to try it - and because it might be gone forever - AND because it'll be a short monorail ride there and back, thereby giving us more time in MK (in theory!)

THANKS for the input!

-Sarah