PDA

View Full Version : BWV's- Boardwalk View

DVC2004
03-05-2008, 03:36 PM
So how's the boarwalk view at BWV's? Would you say worth the extra points? We're not ones to spluge on a view but thought this one may be fun and worth it.

Terk24
03-05-2008, 03:52 PM
We had a nice pool view in Feb., its was a cash paid room, so there was no cost to it. Persoanlly I would rather use my points ofr a nother night or bank them for future use. The parking lot views are not right on top of them so they are still pretty private (unless I missed a loaction that they were very close..???) So yeah it could be a fun splurge but I'd rather save my points.

pox24
03-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Absolutely! We had the pleasure of being over Big River one time and over the Wyland Gallery. Before joining DVC we had a concierge right over Spoodles and a long time ago a first floor at the pool. The studio over Big River was the best by far. It was alittle walk from the lobby, but we often used the back stairs which put us right around the corner from the Atlantic Dance Club.:thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
03-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Regardless of accomodation size, we always *try* for a standard view first - in order to save points! :thumbsup:

We've had the BW view a few times, and I must admit, it is pretty nice. There's something very cool about being out on your balcony as a show is going on in the evening, or having morning coffee as things just start coming to life in the a.m. It's relaxing to watch the friendship boats make their treks across the waterway...

Some have complained about noise with a BW view, but we have not found that to be a problem. We find more noise from fireworks at the DVC resorts than the BW's entertainment at night. In fact, SSR and the BCV have, IMO, greater noise levels at night when the fireworks are exploding. But I can understand why some would be concerned - for us, at least, noise from the BW has not been a problem. :mickey:

Johnno52
03-05-2008, 06:38 PM
The parking lot/ducks in the pond/Sunrise view saved us enough points to give us 2 more days at this location, priceless!:cloud9: Met some people with a 2nd floor pool view and they looked at a tree all week.:(

gojoe
03-06-2008, 04:42 AM
Preferred and Boardwalk are the same points. It's quite a view. Space Ship Earth, Crescents Lake, shuttle boats, boardwalk people watch and Illuminations from your balcony. We're taking it slow on our next trip so we will be hanging around our Villa (love calling it our Villa) I think if we were going out every day & night I would pick a standard view and take the extra nights. Have a great time what ever you do!

Mickey'sApprentice
03-18-2008, 07:55 PM
I also like the BW view. I've had 2 BW views in the last 2 years. The first was above Big River Grille on the 2nd floor. The better one, however, was on our last trip in January. After 4 nights in a std studio we ended the trip in a BW studio in the Crest of the Wave section (Room 3007). The view was worth the long walk from the elevators. We had a straight on view of SSE. It was wonderful.:thumbsup:

MILWDIANA
03-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Can you tell me about the view from the Grand Villas??? Are they all the same??? Can you see SSE???? Or Illuminations????

Thanks!!

ElenitaB
03-31-2008, 11:06 PM
We would pass a BW Grand Villa on our way to our Boardwalk view one bedroom villa (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2098157270091682051hCYLQn). We were right above the Big River Grille and across from the carnival games. Our view was great (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2319769870091682051qavKyY) so I imagine that the view from the Grand Villa is pretty great as well. :cloud9:

mouse-logic
04-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Can you tell me about the view from the Grand Villas??? Are they all the same??? Can you see SSE???? Or Illuminations????

Thanks!!

Don't know if they are all the same. But the one we stayed in a few years ago was two stories and had three balconies all overlooking the BW, the lake, and YC/BC. We could see SSE and some of the higher fireworks from Illuminations.

Pretty fabulous time.

JMTStone
04-16-2008, 03:20 PM
We chose a standard view for our trip (only 58 days away). We don't spend too much time in the room and needed more points for our Disney Cruise next year. I'll post pictures of my view when I return....

DizNee143
04-18-2008, 12:25 PM
i would go for the boardwalk view..at least once..we've had the boardwalk/spaceship earth view a few times..and WOW..its sooo awesome!!
we have been in room 3017 (its a one bedroom) two times so far..it is my absolute favorite room..its rigth above big river grille..its a great spot..and like what others said..once you close your balcony doors you dont hear a thing..its not noisy..even though i sure many people assume it is...
i say go for it..at least once..treat yourselves!!!
have fun whatever you decide to do!! :mickey:

Septbride2002
04-22-2008, 04:18 PM
We just got back from a Boardwalk view room - check out my homepage to see pictures.

~Amanda

DWHUBBY
04-22-2008, 07:15 PM
We chose a standard view for our trip (only 58 days away). We don't spend too much time in the room and needed more points for our Disney Cruise next year. I'll post pictures of my view when I return....

Hey, that sounds just like us:D:thumbsup:
When are you cruisin' next year? We are doing the 7 day Magic departing on Halloween, 2009.:mickey: