PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Hunters New Season

Disneyatic
03-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Just realized that tonight is the season premier of Ghost Hunters! I am so excited, I think I have seen all of the past episodes and am tired of re-runs!
I don't know about everyone else, but I don't like the International version as much. It just doesn't seem as fun and interesting.
Does anyone else feel that way?

:party: Hooray for new episodes!

bleukarma
03-05-2008, 03:19 PM
I’m super excited for tonight!!! I guess they are doing a marathon today because I tivo’d some past seasons episodes that I don’t think I have seen. So when I get home from work I should have a nice batch of Ghost Hunters episodes!!!
Do we know where they are going to be in their new show tonight?

I like how they gave us a little teaser during the break with “Return to St. Augustine Lighthouse!” I was proud of Steve for making it to the top of the lighthouse!

I don’t like International as well. I still watch it, but nothing will replace Jason, Grant, and Steve!!! :mickey:

MissStyles
03-05-2008, 03:29 PM
I SO agree with both of you!!!!!!!! Ghost Hunters rock. I'm pumped for tonight. I did notice the marathon. What an awesome day it would have been to stay home "sick". I actually went home during lunch and saw like 5 min of an episode. It soothed my soul! I don't know why but something about Jason, Grant, Steve, Brian and Dave are so soothing to me. They just seem like the nicest guys and they are so professional. I think I'm partial to them since I'm from New England as well. The Internationals were alright.....definitely not as good as the original, but I still watched to get my fix. I live near St. Augustine and have been to the lighthouse before. Next month I'm taking a night tour there. I can't wait. :ghost:

DVC2004
03-05-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm a faithful viewer as well and will definitely be catching the premier tonight. Can't say I loved International, though. Really missed Jason and Grant!

Disneyatic
03-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I looked up the website and it says the premier is called "Fort Mifflin".

I agree, I think that Grant, Jason and Steve are what really make the show. I also like Tango and the other guy that always has perfect hair (I can't remember his name!).

DVC2004
03-05-2008, 04:08 PM
I looked up the website and it says the premier is called "Fort Mifflin".

I agree, I think that Grant, Jason and Steve are what really make the show. I also like Tango and the other guy that always has perfect hair (I can't remember his name!).

I also like Steve- the guy with all the tattoos- who sets up the equipment with Brian. I can't wait- from the commercials this season seems very exciting!

Disneyatic
03-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Steve is my favorite, I think he is so cute :secret:
From what I have gathered, Brian isn't on the show anymore, is he?
He was on the international team and I assumed that he wouldn't be back on the regular show.

DVC2004
03-05-2008, 04:25 PM
He was on the international team and I assumed that he wouldn't be back on the regular show.

I have a secret crush on Steve as well!:blush:
I don't know if Brian will be back; I hadn't heard. They have had their drama with him over the years. We will see! Happy hauntings.

bleukarma
03-05-2008, 04:26 PM

I also think Steve is cute! :blush:

I assumed the opposite, I thought since Brian was on International then the wouldn't be on the regular show. hmm... :secret:

I like Tango. I'm a little up in the air on the new girl though. Kris? I just don't know about that girl!

GothMickey
03-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I like Kris. She's cute. Guess she is my secret crush. :cloud9:

Disneyatic
03-05-2008, 05:00 PM
I don't know about Kris. One time I checked out the Ghost Hunters forums on the website and apparently she was an actress at one time so alot of people think she is a "faker". There was a lot of hard feelings and negativity in those forums!
And what ever happened to the "new" Ghost Hunter that they picked during last season? Is he going to show up this season?

I thought of the other guy's name, Dustin! I like the team of Grant, Jason, Steve, Tango and Dustin.

MNNHFLTX
03-05-2008, 08:49 PM
He was on the international team and I assumed that he wouldn't be back on the regular show.That's my assumption too--unless the international version gets canned, and then I think he might be back.

I like the international version in some ways. I think some of the really old places have so much history and the potential to be more haunted than some of the "domestic" cases they've worked on here in the U.S. But I don't like the team over there as much; they kind of go over the top in the drama department sometimes.

RedheadWriter
03-05-2008, 09:15 PM

I am a proud Rhode Islander and SOOOO happy that I can say I have met Steve, Grant and Jay. Steve is a hot, Portuguese cutie(doubly proud because I am Portuguese, too!!!) and lives about 20 minutes from my town. I am in the center of all the TAPS stuff.
Fort Mifflin should be interesting. I read on Jason's myspace page about when they visited.

HAPPY VIEWING EVERYONE!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

bleukarma
03-06-2008, 08:02 AM
It was a good show! Very haunted place! Looks like Tango got his experience he's been waiting for! Also, Grant seeing the face was very cool!!! The way he described it he scared me! haha! Even though I'm still up in the air on Kris, I do feel bad for her. They always send her into places alone.

I noticed the changed the opening and included credits. hmmm....

JPL
03-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Cool first Episode :thumbsup: I have to say the International version didn't do much for me I wasn't a fan of the team leader.

DVC2004
03-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Good episode! Lots of interesting things happening.:thumbsup:

Disneyatic
03-06-2008, 12:00 PM
I thought it was a great first episode too, lots of fun and action.
I loved the part where Steve bet Tango $60 to go under the deck! That is part of why I like the show, they don't take themselves too seriously.
Even though she isn't my favorite, I kinda felt sorry for Kris that they made her go in that place alone. I would have been freaking out!

MNNHFLTX
03-06-2008, 12:42 PM
It was a good show! Very haunted place! Looks like Tango got his experience he's been waiting for! Also, Grant seeing the face was very cool!!! The way he described it he scared me! haha!I was like, why couldn't the camera man have the lens trained on the window in that moment, instead of on Grant!!! :D

As far as Kris, I'm not a big fan. She seems too giggly and I wonder sometimes if she was hired on as a draw for the male viewers out there (which shouldn't matter to me anyway--I guess I just like to think they are all truly into what they do and not just there for the ratings).

bleukarma
03-06-2008, 01:26 PM
I was like, why couldn't the camera man have the lens trained on the window in that moment, instead of on Grant!!! :D

As far as Kris, I'm not a big fan. She seems too giggly and I wonder sometimes if she was hired on as a draw for the male viewers out there (which shouldn't matter to me anyway--I guess I just like to think they are all truly into what they do and not just there for the ratings).

Yeah….it seems like Steve was into ghost hunting but happens to look good. With Kris it’s the other way around. I remember when they first brought her in they taught her everything from how to do EVP work to not to wear perfume. She knew nothing about it. Makes me wonder…

A full body apparition (or a face!) hasn’t really been caught on camera on Ghost Hunters…except for a thermal cam. That would be wild to see! Although Grant did a good job of describing it. His reaction was classic!

Jenemmy
03-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I heard where the team recorded an episode for this season at an Air Force Museum that is pretty close to where I live. I grew up hearing stories of how it was haunted and they could not keep a staff as the overnight cleaning crew. I myself have never seen anything there, but the place does give me the creeps!!! Looking really forward to seeing what they find there!

disneydrmr
03-06-2008, 04:47 PM
I heard where the team recorded an episode for this season at an Air Force Museum that is pretty close to where I live. I grew up hearing stories of how it was haunted and they could not keep a staff as the overnight cleaning crew. I myself have never seen anything there, but the place does give me the creeps!!! Looking really forward to seeing what they find there!

I've heard this also.. suppossedly stayed about a week there. I agree - the place does have a 'feel' about it. I'm also looking forward to seeing this episode.

snowflakegirl
03-14-2008, 11:35 AM
I agree with you all that I like the original more than International. I'm happy it's back. I was missing my weekly dose of the TAPs Team.

Based on some things that I had read towards the end of last year on the TAPs website and on Donna's personal blog, I would say even if International falls through I wouldn't expect to see Brian back with TAPs.

It looks like next week they're checking out a library ... two of my favorite things, libraries and ghost hunting ;-).

JPL
03-14-2008, 11:35 PM
I'm guessing Brian was on International because he was under contract with Sci-Fi to appear in a certain number of Episodes. I have a feeling we have seen the last of him unless he ends up in a cheap knock off on some other network.

MissStyles
03-17-2008, 11:09 AM
It's on tonight :) in Ireland. It's repeats but that's okay :number1: