PDA

View Full Version : Golf in December?

wilcat
03-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Can anyone tell me if the WDW golf courses are open in December and what the rates would be? I tried looking on line but can't come up with the info for that time frame.

Jeri Lynn
03-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi,
I can't tell you the rates, but I can tell you about 4 years ago my husband and son went golfing the first week of December.

Goofeygal
03-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I can't tell you the rates but dec.06 my DH golfed at a disney course. So yes they are open but you have to call for rates and reservations.

Maleficent's Dad
03-05-2008, 10:57 AM
The golf courses are definitely open in December. However, check for rehabs and closures, as they often do maitenance on the courses throughout the year. Traditionally, however, December is not a time for a rehab.

Rates vary greatly, and December, while not a "peak" time, is more expensive than the summer months. (Peak rates are January - May.)

Some rate examples from this past December:
Palm Course: $119 for Resort guests, $129 for all others.
Magnolia: $135 Resort, $145 for others
LBV: $119 and $129
Osprey Ridge: $135 and $145

Keep in mind, these are the posted rates, kind of like "rack rate" on a room. There are numerous discounts available.
The best discount is through the DVC golf membership (we're playing in April for $35 per round).
There are Annual Pass discounts, Military discounts, FL resident discounts, and "twilight" discounts.
Be forwarned, however, if you go with the twilight rate. It goes into effect after 2 PM (in December) and it gets dark early, so finishing 18 holes is near impossible.

And as stated above, be sure to visit them online at disnyworldgolf.com, or call 1-407-WDW-GOLF for tee times before you head down there. If you're staying at a WDW resort, you can make ressies 90 days in advance. Otherwise it's a 30 day advance reservation policy.

If you're playing more than once, they will take your clubs from one course to the other for you, eliminating the need to lug the clubs around. Clubs can be stored at the resort with bell services. Disney provides free transportation to the golf courses via cab (they give you a voucher with tip included).