PDA

View Full Version : MK closing at 7pm.. Is this for Party?

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-05-2008, 07:20 AM
I am one day away from the 180 mark. I am so excited:yay:
I noticed that MK is closing at 7pm on 3 of the days we will be there. Is this for a P&P party or MNSSHP?
I have never been to either. Would this be something worthwhile to do with 2,3, or 4 year old girls.
There is 7 of us so we could split up and just take the 4 year old if it would be just suitable for her. (she just turns 4 one month earlier). What are these like? She is a princess Fanatic even her name is Aurora!!:princess:

CanadianWDWFan
03-05-2008, 07:48 AM
That is exactly what it is. Although you can get into MK after 4PM with the MNSSHP ticket.

We went last October with our two boys (9 and nearly 4), and we all loved it! We all put on costumes and had a ball. Our youngest enjoyed walking around the park in his costume and showing it to anyone who would listen to him. The park just seems so much different in all it Halloween splendour. IMHO, the parade was the better than any other parade I had seen. The kids enjoyed the Trick or Treat stations. We just had an all around good time.

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-05-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm sorry, I have alot of questions.

How do you know if it is a Pirate and Princess party or MNSSHP?

What is the additional cost and how late does the park stay open (party last)?

Can you request tickets when I make dining reservations, or only when we get there?

It shows early closing on a Friday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Would the Friday be alot busier? It fits better into our schedule but I can try and change things around a bit.

CanadianWDWFan
03-05-2008, 08:35 AM
You can check the schedule for the two parties and that will let you know. As for the tickets, since it is a hard ticketed event, you have to buy a separate ticket. I can't remember the price exactly, but it was over $40 for adults. We bought our tickest almost as soon as they went on sale. Certain nights do sell out so if you have your heart set on a particular day, then buy the ticket as soon as you can. The park was open until 1:00AM. So it is a pretty late night for the little ones. Get a stroller that way they have a place to crash! :D

From what I understand, the local folks tend to go to the weekend parties, so I would say that the weekday parties would be your best bet.

mrp4352
03-05-2008, 08:48 AM
I don't think you can tell yet if it's Pirate and Princess or MNSSHP (I'm assuming you're looking at September dates) - I don't think Disney's released calendar info for the parties out that far. But it's fairly safe to assume that it's P&P if you're looking at the first week or so and it's MNSSHP the rest of the month. Last year, the first MNSSHP was around the 15th of Sept.

I haven't been to P&P yet, but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MNSSHP - those are the best fireworks in Florida! (and second only to DL's Remember show):thumbsup:

wendy*darling
03-05-2008, 08:53 AM
In 2007 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party did not start until September 14th. We do not know the 2008 dates yet (should be released sometime around April-May).

If tomorrow is your 180 day mark, your look to be ahead of the historical MNSSHP dates.
So it is possible that it is a Pirate and Princess Party.

Since neither party has been announced for the fall yet- it would be difficult to plan around them.

I suggest you make your dining plans for wherever you wanted to go and then adjust if necessary after the parties are announced.

Both P&P and MNSSHP are hard ticketed events. You will have to purchase a separate ticket for that date's party. You will not need a regular ticket that evening.

Mickey91
03-05-2008, 10:23 AM
My best guess is the MNSSHP! It usually starts the next week. And with Aug hours already being announced without any 7PM closings, I don't think there would be enough time to redo decor to have a few days of P&P and then right into MNSSHP. Plus MK doesn't host Night of Joy the first weekend anymore. It was moved to Disney Hollywood Studios. That frees up more time for MNSSHP and it is a lot of fun!:mickey: We went to the party last year on the first Friday. We have never really been when we didn't consider it a bit crowded. I would go with the night that works best with your schedule. I would also buy your ticket as soon as you can. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to which ones sell out except for the obvious, Halloween Night. Good luck!

wendy*darling
03-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Plus MK doesn't host Night of Joy the first weekend anymore. It was moved to Disney Hollywood Studios. That frees up more time for MNSSHP and it is a lot of fun!:mickey:
Ooooh... good point! :thumbsup: