PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing a TS dinner

mickeyd
03-04-2008, 08:38 PM
I need some help choosing a TS dinner

We (4 adults) will be visiting 6 nights in early October and will have the DDP. We will use a TS option each night except the first night when we arrive, and will use 2 TS options one night to go to California Grill

Here’s what we have so far:
1. Le Cellier
2. California Grill
3. O’hana
4. Boma
5. ?????

Any suggestions for the 5th TS meal? We are not big seafood fans. Where would you recommend?

SBETigg
03-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Excellent choices so far. You want a one TS meal? Perhaps Grand Floridian Cafe. Or something else in World Showcase, like Rose & Crown or Restaurant Marrakesh.

IrishFamily
03-04-2008, 09:06 PM
How about Citricos at GF? Wonderful hotel to visit for a meal too.

TinkiTime1989
03-04-2008, 09:07 PM
How about San Angel Inn or Restaurant Marrakesh? If you're feeling like fun, how about a character meal such as Garden Grill or Liberty Tree Tavern?

imisswdw
03-04-2008, 09:51 PM
i would have to say GF caf it is great been there many times and never had a bad experience plus what better place then the GF

tennantsrwe
03-05-2008, 07:12 AM
If you want a really great meal and a fun atmosphere I would go with Wilderness Lodge's Wispering Canyon Cafe. We ate there for the first time in Dec and LOVED it! Everything was good, especially the Banana Dust Bowl dessert!!! It has became our fav. eatery and we are looking forward to going back our next trip to the World.

wendy*darling
03-05-2008, 08:58 AM
I would first decide where you want to be that evening and then make your dining choice.

You have at least one TS choice in every park. Plus numerous excellent choices in the resorts.

Figure out your touring plan first and then plug in the meals.

rjmdds
03-05-2008, 09:09 AM
I would agree with others about Restaurant Marrakesh. It is a unique place with live entertainment. I know you only have one credit to spare, but Narcoosie's is another great choice. Great location, great food. We never miss it when we go.

teambricker04
03-05-2008, 09:20 AM
I know this isn't a meal and how it would work with the DDP, but it is lots of fun.... How about afternoon tea at the GF? I have done this and you can get a lot of food. When we went it wasn't terribly busy. The service was great, it was very adult (kids can go, but there weren't any there when we were there and I didn't bring mine as I didn't think the other guests would like them hanging from the chandeliers.), and it was a fun way to enjoy the GF and break up the day.

We really enjoyed the Garden Grill as the seating is very private and you don't have three million kids around trying to get the characters attention. Good food too.

How about the Coral Reef Resturant... I have never been there but it looks like fun!

Jared
03-05-2008, 09:42 AM
How about Kona Cafe at the Polynesian? It's casual but a little more elegant than 'Ohana next door, and the food is delicious.

My family did not love Restaurant Marrakesh, not because the food was too exotic, because it's not, but because of the overwhelming noise the night we ate there.

lightyearfan
03-05-2008, 10:04 AM
first let me say that you have made some great choices, me and dw will be going in June and we picked the same TS as you , i will break my choices for you based on the park.

1. MK- Tony's Town Square or The Plaza
2. Epcot- Le Chef De France
3. DHS- Sci-FI

hope this helps enjoy your trip:mickey:

Victor

swampfox28
03-07-2008, 07:01 PM
I'd vote Whispering Canyon.

Going to the hotel is like an experience in and of itself - both inside and out are SO neat!

Almost as cool as going to AKLin my opinion - and the restaurant is SOOOOOO much fun (and MAN is the food good!) A great family experience!

-Sarah