PDA

View Full Version : What day is airfare cheapest?

poeticeclipse
03-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Is there a specific day of the week or week of the month when airfare is cheapest?

Right now we're looking for flights from Chicago to Orlando for April 29-May 6. I'm getting $79.00 one way right now but last week on one day I saw it at $62.00.

teambricker04
03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Generally Wednesdays are cheap because it is a day that most people don't travel on. I travel a lot on standby, and wednesdays are the easiest for me to travel.

But.... Sometimes airlines change the cost of a flight from one moment to the next. My parents were going to buy tickets to go to FL, and my dad had a smoking deal, but left the page to check something else out and came back and whoops! it had gone up. Some websites read your cookies and automatically crank up the price if you are window shopping, but I don't know which, if any airlines do that. Pretty much my general advice is if you see it cheap, buy it because it won't stay that way.

Oooh. I think 79 and 62 are both good prices! We are going down on the 4th and haven't looked at flights yet... I would prefer to have tix and not fly standby.

crazypoohbear
03-04-2008, 07:44 PM
It's usually the cheapest the day after you purchase it! :blush:
I think I had read somewhere that purchasing on tuesday or wednesday is the best bet.
Those are good deals that you quoted though!
Have a great trip.