PDA

View Full Version : CBR walking vs. POP walking

poeticeclipse
03-04-2008, 07:04 PM
DH and I have stayed at Pop numerous times and understand the walking distances from each other buildings. We're going to stay at CBR here pretty soon and are curious what the walking distance is like in comparison to Pop.

Can anyone tell me what type of walk its like from a certain building at Pop to the main building vs. a certain building at CBR to the main building?

In my opinion, walking to the 80's section in Pop from the food court is pretty rough. But, walking even to the furthest 50's building isn't all that bad.

eeyoremom
03-04-2008, 07:38 PM
We have stayed at both resorts. I'm sure the furthest building at CBR is further from the food court then the furthest at POP. The walk is much prettier and more relaxing at CBR-much more like a path along a beach. The grounds at CBR can't be beat-it's a beautiful resort, however very spread out. We love the beaches and the hammocks. Also, there are multiple bus stops, including an in resort bus, that just goes around the resort. You can use that bus to get to food court if you need to. We love CBR, but we do get preferred rooms. The last trip to POP we also had preferred rooms. I think we are done with value resorts, unless grandchildren are with us. For 2 grandparents, we really like the moderates much better. They are much more relaxing. Have fun

PirateLover
03-04-2008, 10:50 PM
I can't give exact numbers but I can say that overall CBR is indeed bigger and the farthest building will be a longer walk than the farthest POP building. It's not even what section you are in but what building. We happened to get an 80s building that was only 3 minutes away from the food court, but the ones on the other side of the pool would be longer. Still, at CBR (bldg 53 Aruba) it took us 3 minutes just to walk to our island's bus stop and 5-7 to get to the food court area. Also the check in desk (Custom House) is in a different area than everything else. It's just a really weird layout. I think it would probably benefit you the most to look at maps of both resorts as a comparison. You can find maps right here on Intercot. (http://intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/default.asp)