PDA

View Full Version : What to do with luggage

pabef601
03-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Our flight does not leave until 3:45 on our last day at WDW. We are staying at AKL. Do they have any options for our luggage until we leave?

kakn7294
03-04-2008, 04:35 PM
You can check your bags with Bell Services. Bell Services is generally very near the resort front entrance. Last year, our DME bus was picking us up at 12n so I asked for a late check-out and we just kept our stuff in the room (we never actually left the resort either).

CleveRocks
03-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Every halfway decent hotel in the USA will store your luggage after checkout, and WDW resorts are no exception.

Piglet822
03-04-2008, 06:34 PM
As you approach the front door of AKL you will see Bell Services/Valet to your left.
What you can do is make arrangements the night before for someone to come get your things in the morning before you head out for the day. Get a receipt.
How are you leaving the hotel for the airport? If it's DME be sure to give yourselves time to return to your resort and reclaim your luggage.

pabef601
03-04-2008, 09:19 PM
We are using DME. Thanks for the tip!

sainter
03-04-2008, 09:23 PM
If you are flying with a participating airline you can check your luggage with the airline in the hotel lobby -- I can't remember how many hours early but it is quite a while. Piglet822?

Piglet822
03-04-2008, 10:06 PM
If you are flying with a participating airline you can check your luggage with the airline in the hotel lobby -- I can't remember how many hours early but it is quite a while. Piglet822?

I really am slacking tonight, aren't I? ;)

Yes, for certain airlines you can check your luggage no less than 3 hours and no more than 12 hours before your scheduled flight. When using the resort airline check in service you don't even need to be using DME (only coming into Orlando).
The airlines offering this service include American, Continental, JetBlue, Alaska, Delta, United/Ted, Air Tran, Northwest, and US Air.
The desk to check the luggage with the airline is located inside the lobby next to bell services.