PDA

View Full Version : A Magical Disney Gathering Pre-trip report! part 1

mickey&missy
03-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm posting this in 2 parts as it was too long for 1 post!

Everyone here knows the "I'm too excited to sleep" commerical. That's me now! I'm dreaming disney and waking up and thinking at this time next week I'll be in a bed at The Grand Floridian! All day long I think at this time next week I'll be _____(fill in the blank) at Disney! It's crazy!!!!

Anyway, on with the pre-trip!

Cast of Characters
Me, 32 - Planner Extraordinaire & Disney Freak
DH, turning 33 3/14 – Closet Disney Fan
DD, turning 7 3/9 – Our little Princess, huge Disney Fan & THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!
DS, 5 – Huge Disney Fan, loves Mickey
DS, 9 months – 1st trip (if you don’t count that I was pregnant last trip)
MIL, 60 something – The best MIL in the world (I swear) she loves these trips!
FIL, 60 something- All around fun guy, loves these trips!

Making guest appearances
SIL and her DH

This trip has been long in planning! A little back-story, DH got to go away alone for a week this past August. He spent a week at the Jersey Shore sailing in the Sunfish World Championships. We decided (well I may have decided on my own) that if I was going to stay home for a week with 3 kids (one being only 2 months old at the time) alone we would go on vacation in the spring when I thought the baby was big enough to travel well. I didn’t mention WDW when DH and I talked about planning a vacation. He mentioned WDW! He also said Monorail resort! WOW! This is the same man who lectured me after our first trip that we wouldn’t be going to WDW every year! Shortly after DH and I started talking about going MIL said that she and FIL would like to go again (they didn’t know our plans) and so would SIL and her DH and asked if we wanted to go too. That’s not a question you need to ask me!! So, I was put in charge of planning our Magical Gathering!

Original we were staying at POLY. But, 2 days after Christmas I got a letter in the mail from WDW that the pool at POLY would be closed during our stay and we could use the pool at GF. We went back and forth about moving resorts. We thought about staying at WL (we loved WL) and then decided I would call and see how much GF was. Not that much more, so off to GF we go!!! I’m still freaking about staying at GF!!!

Day 1

Our flight leaves Long Island at 7 am. So, that means we’re out of the house shortly before 5 to get to the airport around 5:30. Last trip, we took the same flight and it worked out really well. Security should be a breeze like last trip. I am a little nervous about this flight for 3 reasons. 1st DS got sick on the way home last trip, I don’t want a repeat of that! Yuck :sick:! 2nd this is the babies :baby: first flight! 3rd I nervous about getting the car seat in the airplane seat for some reason. But, I’m sure everything will be fine:fingers:.

We’re taking Happy limo again, we had a great experience with them last trip. I’m hoping to check in to GF by 11:30, our flight lands at 9:40. I’m sure our rooms won’t be ready so we’ll head for the Monorail Station and go off to MK!!

I can’t wait to step foot onto Main Street!!! There is nothing in this world like that feeling you get stepping on to Main Street for the first time!

We’ll grab a bite to eat, most like a yummy hot dog and fries at Casey’s. There is no better way to start our vacation then a hot dog in front of the castle taking it all in!! After that we’ll head to Toontown. I let DD pick our first ride last trip. We went on IASW because it was closed for refurb during our 05 trip. This trip DS got to pick and his picked Goofy’s Barnstormer. If all goes well the kids also want to ride BTMRR and Splash during this trip. After our trip on the Barnstormer we’ll see how crowded the park is. We may do some of the fantasyland rides and then see if our rooms our ready. Hopefully we can get to our rooms to change, maybe get a little rest and then take the Monorail to Poly for the Luau at 5:15. Timing probably doesn’t allow for much rest though. I really want to head back to MK at least for SpectroMagic at 8, maybe Wishes at 9 also. We’ll see. I’m not leaving WDW this trip unless we’ve seen SpectroMagic!!!!

One thing that stinks about this trip, we have to set the clocks ahead our first night! Ughhh! We’re going to lose an hour of sleep! But, I guess its destiny. Our last trip was Oct 06, we set the clocks ahead our first night!

Day 2

This is a HUGE day! DD turns 7!!! OMG, my baby girl!! DD and I will get up early and head for our Mommy/Daughter morning. We have an 8am ADR for 1900 Park Fare, this is a 1st for us! After that we’ll head for the Monorail again. DD has a 9:30 reservation at BBB in the castle. She went to the one in DTD last trip and it was absolutely magical! After she’s transformed into a princess, :princess: most likely Jasmine, and she gets her picture taken I promised her a few rides before the rest of the family join us. She’s the boss for the day! That could be really dangerous! We’ll likely spend the day in MK and hopefully get a rest in afternoon to prepare for a big night! We have a 5:35 ADR for the whole group at Chef Mickey’s, DD’s pick. I hope we get seated actually inside, if you know what I mean, the restaurant. Last time we sat in the area to the right of the check in counter. It was fine, but I liked the inside better it has more atmosphere! After dinner we’ll have a little time to kill, I’m not sure what we’ll do. Then we’re going on a Magical Gatherings Magical Fireworks Cruise! We can’t wait!! I’m sure it will be very cool.
I hope its not cold out on the lake, I may pack a blanket! Then we’ll head back to GF and fall into bed!

RedheadWriter
03-04-2008, 05:03 PM
:thumbsup:I hope your daughter lives it up like a real princess!!!! I cannot wait to read your trip reports!!

DisneyorBust
03-04-2008, 05:06 PM
What great plans! As I was reading your report I had to agree about that feeling that you have when you step on to Main Street for the first time each trip!
Have a safe trip and fantastic time in WDW!:mickey:

poohbearlover15
03-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Sounds like you will have a great time in disney!

dolphinmickey9170
03-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Sounds like a great beginning. Hope its a magical birthday for your princess. Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return!!:mickey:

faline
03-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Your trip is almost here! What fun you'll have!

ChipnDaleGal
03-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Sounds like you have a wonderful trip of family fun and birthdays ahead of you. I hope you all have a great time! :mickey:

DizNee143
03-10-2008, 11:50 AM
wow sounds like you are going have one great trip!!! i definetly can not wait until you get back to hear all about it..off to read about how the rest of the trip will go!! :mickey:

wilshade
03-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Thank you for this wonderful report! Your excitement and energy are contagious!

wdwgrl377
03-11-2008, 05:40 PM
WOW! Thanks for posting that wonderful Trip Report! Hope your DD bday is just fabulous at WDW!!! :mickey:

Can't wait to read more! :D