PDA

View Full Version : Late-April, Early-May 2009 good time for WDW??

coffeeyumm
03-04-2008, 01:36 PM
We want to go back to WDW before the end-of-May, 2009... Is late-April, early-May a good time? WHY or WHY NOT? I'd love to have input on this since we've only gone in mid-November and early-February before. We need to go after mid-March because of ds15 b-ball season, we want to miss 'Spring Break Crowds', but we want to get there prior to May 21 (twins turn 10, and thus pay ADULT rate for everything!)

Our kids will be 15, 12, and 9 year-old twins when we go this time!

Thanks so much!

P.S. I almost jumped out of my chair at a nice restaurant Saturday night when my wonderful husband said, "So, when are we going to Disney?"... as in.... "Let's start planning!" I won't even allow myself to come to Intercot board unless I know we're close to planning stages... too painful! :mickey:

faline
03-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Early May is a great time to visit the World! It's one of my favorite times to be there.

Weahter is generally dry (maybe a shower or two) and already quite hot and humid but crowds don't begin to pick up until the end of the month when schools start to let out!

Tygger7
03-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Early May is a great time to visit the World! It's one of my favorite times to be there.

Weahter is generally dry (maybe a shower or two) and already quite hot and humid but crowds don't begin to pick up until the end of the month when schools start to let out!

Totally agree...early to Mid-May is our favorite time to go. Weather is very nice, but not suffocating like July, and the crowds aren't bad at all.

Tick-Tock
03-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Best time of the year. Flower & Garden Festival is going on, and the weather has usually been great.

rjmdds
03-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Go for it. In my eyes, a GREAT time to go. Weather is perfect. No humidity yet. Nights are very pleasant. Crowds are very manageable. Plus EPCTO is beautiful this time of year. We'll be there 4/23-5/2 .

swampfox28
03-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh, thank goodness!

I'm scheduled to go early April (kinda early - Apr. 11-15) and was worried that April was a bad time.

I did a lot of research and it seemed to me that when Easter is in April, that impacts crowds a lot.

With Easter in March, perhaps you and I (OP) will "get off easy"!!!

Does anyone know what the typical wait times are in April - when there's no Easter vacationers, and very few spring-breakers? I'm not even going to be there on grad nights! I just have NEVER been in April and wonder what it'll be like....

(I've been spoiled by the early Dec./early-but-after-New'Years'-in-Jan. LIGHT crowds.

-Sarah

pwdebbie
03-05-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm also looking at a possible April 2009 trip. We were there (our first time) in October 2007 and found the weather to be a bit warmer than is comfortable for us. So, tell me, how does the weather the last half of April compare to the first half of October?

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007
praying / hoping / wishing / dreaming for April 2009 or 2010