PDA

View Full Version : Trip Planning for 2009

yjgirl715
03-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Ok I am Planning a trip for next year and I have several ? I am planning a trip for 9 people including 4 people over 60- 4 people who are in their 30's and one boy who will be 5. My last trip was in May of 07 so not too longago and we stayed at the CBR- which was very nice. We wanted to try and save money but want to have as much fun as we did on our last trip ( I can't imagine not having fun in WDW) plus there will be two newbies. My ?'s are

1. We were thinking of going in either May again or Sept- Sept we would save a little more money but which would be better?

2. We last stayed at the CBR last time but were thinking of stying at a value resort to help with costs- needed some opinions on that subject too?

Sorry for the long info. Thanks for any help you could give me.:mickey:

playdead88
03-04-2008, 05:43 PM
i have heard that sept is an awesome time to go but im such a freak planner i just can't stand the thought of a hurricane or just the remnants of one blowing through and taking a day or two out of our trip so sept is out for us because of that reason and that reason only - there are so many people that rave about septembers crowd size being low and if im not mistaken i believe sept is when disney has offered it's free dining deal in the past so that too may be something to look into - we have been in may twice and each time the crowds were moderate and the weather was great!

as far as value resorts - we have not yet stayed in one but i tell ya i saw pics of the family suite and it looked way cool that may be an option for your crowd but i have also read from numerous people here that the pop value resort is the best bet - mostly because it doesn't share bus stops with any other resort

i think that no matter what you choose it sounds like a great time with lots of family - and you're at disney whats not to like about that! :mickey:

heidi614
03-04-2008, 05:57 PM
I would do September. Lower Crowds and I would think not as hot. We always stay at All Star Movies. Of all the All Stars we like movies. Rooms are nice but a little small, food court is great, busses are fine. You must put travelling together, connecting rooms or close together. We like the Buzz and Woody Building. Last two times they did not have us with connecting door and with a little talking they moved us.

Disney Lynn
03-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Is staying in a WDW resort a priority with you? If so, investigate the family suites.

But if you really want to save money- you may be better off renting a house in the Kissimmee area. There are many, many rentals very close to WDW, offered through several different agencies. We stayed in both a townhouse and later a single house in the Emerald Island Resort, which is just behind what used to be Splendid China- very close to Sherberth Rd for easy access to WDW. Several agencies rent homes here; the agency we used names their homes with Disney themes- we stayed in Goofy's Guesthouse. It had 5 bedrooms, 3 full baths, screened-in pool/jacuzzi, plus full kitchen, washer/dryer, etc.

If you're interested, try googling rental or vacation homes in Kissimmee; you'll be amazed at the variety and the price range- many very reasonable for 9 people.

yjgirl715
03-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions- the one thing we do want to do is stay on Disney property. I love the whole atmosphere of Disney and really wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

chick20679
03-08-2008, 08:57 AM
We, too, love CBR, but for a value resort, we LOVE AllStar Music!
:rocker: :drummer: :pipes: :flute: :drum: :play: :tuba:
We love the way the resort is set up, and the theme.
They also have "suites". We haven't ever stayed in them, but they say they sleep five, if that would work for your family.
Good luck with whatever you decide!! :mickey: