PDA

View Full Version : Baby Swap

Pookiesmom
03-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi there!
Can someone explain how baby swap would work specifically for my group? Here's who's going:
Grandma
Grandpa
Me
Hubby
Kid 9
Kid 3
Sister
Brother-in-Law
Kid 5
Kid 3

There will be several rides that kids 5, 3, and 3 will not be riding. They are a bit of a handful, so more than one grown-up should be watching them. Can 2 or 3 people stay with the kiddos and then switch? Would Kid 9 be able to ride again with the second group? I'd rather figure this out now than when we are standing in line!!! Thanks in advance.
Pookiesmom

WDWdriver
03-03-2008, 10:41 PM
The procedure varies from one attraction to another, but basically this is how it works. You go to the entrance with your entire family, even those who are not riding. A Cast Member will assist you there. Those who are riding first will wait in the regular standby line (unless they hold a FastPass). Those who are staying behind will be given a Rider Switch Pass (also called a Baby Swap Pass), which is good for three persons. So after the first group rides they take charge of the little ones, and the second group uses the Rider Switch Pass to enter through the FastPass entrance. Since the pass is good for three people, someone may be able to ride twice.

adoptionislove
03-03-2008, 11:06 PM
YEA!!!!!!!!!!

We will be there in 11 days and we have a DD8 and a DS2 so this will really come in handy.

MaxPower
03-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Can I get clarification on the Baby Swap procedure? First, you take your whole party to the entrance and get the baby swap pass. Then the riders continue on into the attraction? But where do the adults with the kids wait? Do they wait in front of the attraction while holding the baby swap pass? Once the original riders exit, do they make their way to the entrance again? Then when the second group goes, do they hand the pass to the CM at the entrance and the CM tells them to get in the fastpass line? I seem to remember years ago that the whole group waited through the entire line. Once you got to the ride, group one got on the ride and group two with the baby were directed to where the ride unloads. Then they would switch immediately as soon as group one finished riding. The swap was made right there as they exited and then group two just got on the ride right there. Is it different now?

TBY2225
03-04-2008, 09:44 AM
We have used the baby swap lots of times over the past few years. After the CM verifies your party, those who want to ride first go ahead and ride either stand-by or fast pass. ( We usually use it with the fast pass to speed things up) The person(s) waiting with the "baby" doesn't get in the line, they can look around at the shops, sit and rest, go get fast passes for everyone for a different ride, just about anything you want to do. When the first group comes off the ride, the person that was waiting along with a few other guest show the same CM the baby swap pass. They are then allowed to go into the fast pass line to use the baby swap pass. It works great and we have never had an issue using it!