PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Resort?

#7ismynumber
03-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Hey, thinking about staying at the Caribbean Resort. Has anyone stayed there and if so any reviews or suggestions?

trennedy
03-03-2008, 09:36 PM
We stayed there in '04. We really enjoyed it. We were in a preferred location, Martinique 26, it was close to Old Port Royale, the pool and the bus stop. We are not staying there this year partly because of the bed sizes. My DS is 12 and DD is 8. We are staying in a Deluxe so we can have queen sized beds instead of doubles.

Enjoy, we were happy there.:mickey:

Scrod
03-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Know lots of folks that have stayed there and loved it, including one that has it as her favorite. The one thing is to get a room in the area you want to be near, it is pretty spread out.

Our only stay there (I should say attempted stay) was our worst experience on property in over 30 trips. Probably just bad luck for us, based on what I have heard.

mrsgaribaldi
03-04-2008, 12:42 AM
We stayed there twice last year and really liked it alot. We drive so I don't know how the bus transportation is. Also, we never ask for any special building. I think we stayed at Jamaica once and maybe Trinidad North but I'm not really sure. We don't go to the main building much or the main pool so closeness doesn't matter to us. I liked the quiet pools in each area and we went swimming a few times in those pools. I also liked the food court and the shop. I don't know why but I really liked the shop alot. Go figure. If you want to see pics, send me a PM and I will send them to you.

pixiesmimi
03-04-2008, 01:54 AM
DH and I stayed at the CBR in August for our anniversary. We loved it! I have heard people say they hated it and can't for the life of me figure out why. Our room was great. Best we have stayed in. It is spread out so research and ask for a certain village when you make reservations and follow up on this a week in advance and when you check in since they can only request but not promise you a certain building or room. We stayed in Aruba and it is just across the bridge from OPR and the food courts. We didn't care about the large pool since each village has their own quiet pool and our room was just above the pool for our village. I loved the hammocks on the beach. The food court and gift shop were great. It is a beautiful resort but spread out. There are buses that go around the resort just to each village and OPR and there are buses that stop at each village to go to the parks. We didn't notice that they were any more crowded than any of the other resorts. It was nice to get off at night right by our building and not have far to walk to the room. We would go back to this resort in a heartbeat!:cloud9:

RAIDER
03-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Ive stayed there in 2006 and 2007 and its a lovely place to relax .The private pools are a decent size and the food court has alot of variety .Scenically its a beautiful place to look at and admire especially around the lake area ...

The main pool area is always busy and the little cocktail bar in that area is a lovely place to relax in the evening ..

Have fun :thumbsup::marg::beer:

Dsnygirl
03-04-2008, 09:32 AM
:mickey: We stayed there in '06 with our girls and are planning on staying there again in December -- we really liked it!! Very tropical, peaceful and lush... and they're re-doing the pool now, too, so it'll be even better. (It was nice before, but a little small.) One note, though - it isn't supposed to be open again (the main pool) until about Sept., so I'd re-consider if the pool's big for you guys and you're going before then. Each "island" group of rooms has it's own pool, but they're simple and not themed or as nice as they main one.

But if it's just atmosphere you're looking for -- and peacefulness - I think you'll love it!!

IloveDisney71
03-04-2008, 09:47 AM
I stayed there in Nov. '05 with my DH and we loved the entire experience. We were there when the place was empty (before Thanksgiving) so we didn't have any trouble with the buses. They ran frequently and were never full. It is a very large resort and has several different bus stops but we didn't mind that. We did pay the extra cost to have a preferred room so we would be close to the food court. My DH has to eat a big breakfast every day so we wanted to be as close as possible. The resort theming is wonderful and very relaxing. Our room was very clean and we always had what we needed each day when we returned.

yjgirl715
03-04-2008, 10:03 AM
We stayed there May of 07 and I loved it too. The rooms were very nice and I thought they were spacious. We stayed in Jamica which was across the bridge to OPR. Somewhat of a walk but not too bad- especially if you want to get off some excited energy. I would look at the map and figure out where you would like to stay- whether it be close to the food court and the main pool or if you want to be close a bust stop- all depends on your needs. Have fun! :mickey:

like2workout
03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
i would definitely recommend caribbean beach! it's very easy to get around with their internal bus, and the grounds are beautiful. i plan to stay there again at some point.

rnin02
03-04-2008, 05:41 PM
We've stayed there twice and loved it. I would request a room in Jamaica or Aruba, from there its a beautiful, relaxing walk to the food court. We love that at CBR every island has its own quiet pool, and the hammocks on the beach are so nice and peaceful. Great to watch a sunrise from! Even when its busy, and it doesn't feel busy or crowded like the other resorts, and the busses have always had room and seem to come frequently. Stay there, you'll love it!