PDA

View Full Version : Best "Boys" Character Meal

MegaDisney
03-03-2008, 04:29 PM
I am trying to find a place with characters that a 7 and 2 year old boys would enjoy for their Birthday.

They enjoy the Pixar Characters (Cars, Nemo, Incredibles)

Mom also said that nothing too "Playhouse Disney"

Any suggestions or input is appreciated.

mook3y
03-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Our children both liked Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner) and Cape May at beach club (breakfast) as their favorite character meals.

The interaction at these two places just have been the best experiences for them.

My DD3 fell off her chair at LTT last year (distracted and excited) and a CM had minnie come over to make her feel better.

mook3y
03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Hmm, was thinking about this and maybe your boys would enjoy dinner at Whispering Canyon over a character meal...

Our son loves that place.

wendy*darling
03-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Unfortunately, there are no meals with Pixar characters.

My boys always liked Crystal Palace (Pooh & friends) and Chef Mickey's the best.
They also enjoyed Whispering Canyon & 50's Prime Time- no characters but lots of fun and Hoop Dee Doo.
I think Liberty Tree Tavern is fun for little guys as well.

Actually, I think most every meal is good for boys- with the exception of the princess meals once they are about 6 or 7 years old.

Even though they are now nearing 18 & 21- we all still enjoy character meals once or twice during any WDW vacation.

kathiep
03-03-2008, 05:41 PM
My son is 5 and enjoys Chef Mickey's.

RedSoxandPatsfan
03-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Donald's Safari Breakfast @ Tusker House in AK is supposed to be good. We'll find out in April. If it's anything like the "breakfastosaurus" it will be great. We loved that one. Esp ds age 6 at the time.

#1donaldfan
03-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Chef Mickey's and maybe a breakfast at Donald's Safari at the Tusker House....most others are more geared for girls / princess themes........good luck !!:mickey:

aurorafan
03-04-2008, 09:27 AM
My boys were 10 and 7 when we went for the first time in Oct. I thought they wouldn't be into the characters period but boy was I wrong--the character interactions actually made the trip for me :thumbsup:! We only had 2 character meals--Pooh at CP (because I wanted to eat there ;)) and Breakfastasaurus at AK. They loved both of them--even the Pooh one which I thought they'd be too old for ;). I've got pictures of my 10 y.o. hugging Pooh, Eeyore and Piglet with the biggest smile on his face! So I really don't think you can go wrong with the "fab 5" ones, especially at your kids' ages. They might be a little ambivelent about the Princess meals, but my friend who took her 2 boys when they were 4 and 18 months said they loved eating in the castle so who knows? ;)

teambricker04
03-04-2008, 09:54 AM
My DD3 fell off her chair at LTT last year (distracted and excited) and a CM had minnie come over to make her feel better.

My DS3 has been known to fall off his chair a time or two as well!! He ususally recovers well :mickey:

I vote for Chef Mickeys, Cape May, or LTT. My DS's aren't very old, but I know even my 3yo would be very unimpressed with the princesses.

ElenitaB
03-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Garden Grill (two weeks ago Dale sat down to play with the Pokemon figures that we had purchased in Japan) and the 'Ohana breakfast with Stitch, Lilo, Mickey and Pluto, are among my DS's favorites. I must admit that we did subject him to princess breakfasts when he was younger, but once he hit 7 he didn't want anything to do with them! We also like Crystal Palace (breakfast, lunch or dinner).

DisneyDog
03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
We love the character breakfast at Ohana! And, if you go early enough it tends not to be crowded and you get more character interaction. Plus, that pineapple bread is soooo yummy!!

Jared
03-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern and Garden Grill are two great options for boys. Actually, the only character meals that are directly geared toward girls are Cinderella's Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom and Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot.

The others are appropriate for everyone, but the two I previously mentioned are especially worthwhile.

GrmGrninGost
03-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Chef Mickeys, especially for breakfast! Also, we like Liberty Tree Tavern and Garden Grill! Any of these should prove excellent! :mickey:

MegaDisney
03-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks so much for the great feedback! You guys Rock!
I am a DL veteran but feel lost with WDW.

I will let you know what I end of booking for my client!

Thanks again for all your help!

Melanie
03-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Bryant, I didn't see this earlier!

Josh and Ryan's favorites are definitely Ohana and Liberty Tree Tavern. Great food and we've always had great character interaction at both locations (with no Princesses! ;) ). These are the two places Ryan picked for his birthday breakfast and dinner a few years back, and the restaurants didn't disappoint. They made him feel very special on his big day.