PDA

View Full Version : January Crowds

beksy
03-03-2008, 02:39 PM
When in January do the crowds typically lessen? I know January 1st is when the prices go down but do the crowds drop drastically then too? Thanks! :mickey:

Goofeygal
03-03-2008, 03:29 PM
We went the second week of Jan.08 and there were no crowds at all. We walked onto just about everything. I don't know later in jan how the crowds are so maybe someone will be along soon that will know.

MousePotato
03-03-2008, 04:18 PM
I've been hearing comments on the boards that the 'quiet' times are growing less quiet. We were in at the end of January, 27th-31st. I was actually surprised by the crowd levels, expecting it to be relatively empty. Crowds were there but seemed sporadic. We saw a wait time of 70 minutes for PoC, walked to tomorrowland and SM had a 15 minute wait. The next day PoC was 10 minutes, and at AK, EE was a walkon, but KS was 50 minutes.

Damon18
03-03-2008, 04:31 PM
We went the second week of Jan.08 and there were no crowds at all. We walked onto just about everything. I don't know later in jan how the crowds are so maybe someone will be along soon that will know.

We had the same experience when we were there from Jan 10 - Jan 17. There were almost no lines for anything. You would occasionally run across one but if you returned an hour later there was no wait. We even got on Soarin in about 20 minutes through the stand-by line! The only drawback is the weather was unpredictable. It went from low 80's one day to low 60's the next. But if crowds are your biggest concern then it was a great time to be there.

NJ Camper
03-03-2008, 04:32 PM
If you get away from the first week in jan it's not bad we have gone te second week in jan lots of times unless you hit newyears or martin luther king holidays these sometimes make for more people same in feb if you stay away from holidays it's not bad can be a little cool for water parks and water rides but crowds are usually pretty small good luck and enjoy the magic :mickey:

sillydisneymommy
03-03-2008, 05:22 PM
We were there for one day on Jan 5 this year, to celebrate my boys' birthdays. I don't know if it was because it was a Saturday or what, but Magic Kingdom was UNBELIEVABLY crowded! There were lots of 60+ min waits and it was exhausting just trying to walk from land to land. We tried to have a great time, and overall we did, but it was really frustrating for us since we always go in September and almost never have long waits or have to wade through thick crowds. I would say that we have just become spoiled, except that many of the CMs were telling us that the park had more than double the expected attendance that day...:confused:

heidi614
03-04-2008, 07:43 PM
The weekend of the marathon can be pretty busy. Check the dates...:mickey: