PDA

View Full Version : Character Signatures

kdssmorse
03-03-2008, 11:37 AM
We are getting so excited for our May trip. My girls think they want character signatures this year. Will they sign books we bring from home? We have sticker books that my girls want signed by the characters specific sticker.
Thanks for the help!!

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Yes, they will generally sign whatever you stick in front of them. Last trip was the first time we bought the official Disney autograph books.

Gooftroop5
03-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Make sure you have a pen for them to sign with. The wider around the pen the easier for them to grip in our experience anyways. We usually use the really "fat" sharpies. They last really long, they are easy for the characters to grasp & if you forget your autograph book they work great on maps or anything glossy.

We've bought the official Disney autograph books and brought our own. If using a sharpie make sure the pages are heavy or prepare to leave a page in between so when the autographs bleed through you can still see the other autograph.I also left blank pages so I could put dd's picture with each character next to the autograph. That way they know who signed in even if they can't read.

ncscgirl2005
03-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Make sure you have a pen for them to sign with. The wider around the pen the easier for them to grip in our experience anyways. We usually use the really "fat" sharpies. They last really long, they are easy for the characters to grasp & if you forget your autograph book they work great on maps or anything glossy.

We've bought the official Disney autograph books and brought our own. If using a sharpie make sure the pages are heavy or prepare to leave a page in between so when the autographs bleed through you can still see the other autograph.I also left blank pages so I could put dd's picture with each character next to the autograph. That way they know who signed in even if they can't read.

Great Advice. Almost exactly what I was going to say.

One other piece of advice: have your books ready before you get up there. :blush:

Blue Genie
03-03-2008, 02:48 PM
These autographs are from Disneyland so they may very from the ones at WDW but if you click on these 2 links you will see who I have of Autographs.

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disneyland%20Autographs/Autographs%20Part%201/

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disneyland%20Autographs/Autographs%20Part%202/

The numbers in front of the Character mean what page they sign on. I have put when they did it like for exsmple.
I have an Autograph of Cinderella and her Fairy Godmother. If you see Cinderella 63rd it means that she was the 63rd Character that I got but next to it it said 3rd Autograph which also means that I got her Autograph for the 3rd time. Also you will see Fairy Godmother with 64th which means she was the 64th character to sign my book. So you know how I do my autograph books.

joanna71985
03-03-2008, 02:50 PM
We are getting so excited for our May trip. My girls think they want character signatures this year. Will they sign books we bring from home? We have sticker books that my girls want signed by the characters specific sticker.
Thanks for the help!!

Yes. They will sign almost anything you bring (there are exceptions). That will be fine.

Hayden's Dad
03-03-2008, 04:11 PM
At the Christmas Party last year we had Scrooge McDuck sign a copy of Mickey's Christmas Carol for us.

mitchsfan
03-08-2008, 01:47 PM
In the past, I have used picture mats and had the charcters sign them. Then I would find a good picture and put it in the mat and frame.

Last time, I had the characters sign my Disney Monopoly board. Most of the "faced" charcters had a great time talking about how this was an original idea. Goofy was the only charcter that gave us a hard time signing it. His Cast Member said something to the extent of "he has to sign this small." She was acting like it was a trademark issue or something.

Has anyone ever seen a character refuse to sign something?

joanna71985
03-08-2008, 01:49 PM
There are certain items a character can not sign. But that is not one of them. I have never seen a character refuse to sign something they are allowed to autograph.

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-08-2008, 02:15 PM
What are they not allowed to sign, so I don't bring the wrong item.?

swampfox28
03-08-2008, 03:00 PM
I know to save $$ I always go to a dollar store and get a plain journal and then spruce it up for the trip.

It looks adorable and is MUCH cheaper (and usually cuter) than the autograph books @ WDW.

I agree with everyone else - a BIG 'ol Sharpie is GREAT!

-Sarah

joanna71985
03-08-2008, 03:44 PM
What are they not allowed to sign, so I don't bring the wrong item.?

It's pretty hard to bring a wrong item. A blank journal/notebook, one of the Disney autograph books, a homemade book, a Disney storybook, a t-shirt (as long as nothing innapropriate is on it), a hat (ditto), a blank pillowcase- these are all fine.

Greenlawler
03-08-2008, 04:44 PM
We buy scrapbooks and have the characters sign at the bottom then put the picture above it.