PDA

View Full Version : Anything tips for son's 3rd birthday at WDW?

ChewyStriker
03-03-2008, 09:45 AM
We'll be vacationing at Disney May 25 through 30, over my son's third birthday - May 28. Any tips on anything special we should do? We'll be eating dinner that night at Garden Grill as my son loves Chip and Dale and Pluto.

Thanks all!:party:

Emily
03-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Definitely get a birthday button from City Hall so everyone will know it's his birthday! You'll find that and some other good suggestions in Info Central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp) concerning celebrating birthdays. :)

Happy birthday to your son and have a great time celebrating! :party2:

heidi614
03-04-2008, 07:41 PM
You can get a cake at garden grill. I went to the party store and disney store and decorated our room while my DH and kids were at breakfast. Left stuffed animal on the bed with a note signed by Mickey.:party:

crazypoohbear
03-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Get the button but also get a bright colored shirt for him and iron on a "It's my birthday" sign.
Last year some CM's let us stay on rides for a second trip because it was DS's birthday and one day it was his friends birthday.
The friend was shocked when, after he got soaked on Kali I asked the CM if we could go again because it was his birthday, she let us and the friend is the one who got soaked again!:D He had to go back to the room and change after two dips on Kali:mickey:

teambricker04
03-05-2008, 09:32 AM
You can also get the birthday button at the check in desk when you check in to a WDW resort. They'll ask you if you are celebrating anything special while you are there.

We did the Garden Grill right before my DSs third birthday and it was GREAT! It is nice because of the way it is set up... you get some good pics of your little one with the characters.

You could always take him to the barber shop on main street and get his hair confettied for the big day. Have you seen little boys with it? They really go crazy with the color and confetti... some 3yos won't sit for that though.

I think he should have a birthday shirt! That is a great idea!!!

I love birthdays, and birthdays at Disney couldn't be any better!

FamilyofDisneyFreaks
04-07-2008, 01:16 PM
We are also going to Disney around the same time for our son's birthday! :party:
DS is turning 5 on May 27th and his grandmother (DGM) is turning 60 on May 20th! We are staying May 24-29. We are definitely doing the birthday button. Also, we are planning on decorating his room on his actual birthday during a break. We looked into Gifts of a Lifetime, but they are pretty pricy and I don't think they do gifts for kids under 5. They came up with a scavenger hunt which sounds really cool. We're still trying to decide since it's $$$$. Good luck and maybe we'll bump into you while there!

epceddie
04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Go to Toontown and get a photo take with Mickey at the Judge's Tent.
We did that for my six-year-old niece in October and the look on her face when she met Mickey was priceless.