PDA

View Full Version : MouseHouse?

kathymk616
03-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi,

I have a friend who is trying to plan a trip for a large group (about 7 adults, 3 of whom are seniors, and 4 kids under age 10), and she came across a website called MouseHouse with spacious accommodations just offsite. (I don't know if she meant the site with the .com or the .net, because they seemed to be different when I looked it up.) She asked if I knew anyone who had ever stayed there and if they had any input. I told her I would check with the most friendly, helpful group of people on all the Internet! So what do you folks have to say about the Mouse House? Surely some of you have tried it!

Thanks!:mickey:

Piglet822
03-03-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm sorry I can't help you your MouseHouse question, I did want to point out that we have a site sponsor here at INTERCOT that might be able to help out as well, All Star Vacation Homes. Just click on the link:

All Star Vacation Homes (http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/?ovchn=OTHER&ovcpn=Listing+Sites&ovcrn=Intercot&ovtac=AD)

Von-Drake
03-03-2008, 10:40 AM
I have some friends who rented a house for a week last year and said that is the only way they would go back to Disney. They really enjoyed having a whole house. But me, I guess I just prefer the total immersion into Walt Disney World when I go visit.

Disney Lynn
03-05-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm not familiar with Mouse House, but it sounds like a rental through the same company we used (or maybe they all name their places after Disney!).

We stayed in Goofy's Guesthouse which was in the Emerald Island Resort- very close to WDW. It had 5 bedrooms, 3 full baths, pool with jacuzzi, etc. We had a large group, which would have been very expensive on property.

I suggest googling vacation homes in Kissimmee (try adding Goofy's Guesthouse to see an example of what's available). There are several different rental agencies (such as All Star VH), and they all handle a wide variety of rentals- townhouses, single homes, etc.

John
03-05-2008, 10:49 PM
If you are looking for a vacation home - please give our sponsor a shot. They are excellent... and reasonably priced. I have stayed there every year for the last 5-6 and some years multiple times. The houses are incredible and they are all furnished by All Star rather than the owners which means there is a real consistency to the accomodations. I'll be headed back to their Vista Cay townhomes/condos (a little different product than the homes but again - super nice) at the end of this month. That property is located right next to the convention center (as opposed to most of their homes which are located seconds from WDW) which is GREAT for conferences and for folks who want to do Universal and Sea World in addition to Disney - which is only a short drive away. It's like staying at a 5 Star hotel.

Supporting them helps me bring all the INTERCOTty Goodness to you year in and year out. ;)

Oh, and they have exclusive ICOT Specials... See http://intercot.com/resorts/nearby/allstar/default.asp

kathymk616
03-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Thank you to all who shared info. I have passed it along to my friend, and we really appreciate it!:mickey: