PDA

View Full Version : The Magic is Alive and Well: Day 4

Cindy'smom
03-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Today's magical destination is Animal Kingdom for am Extra Magic Hours. Up bright and early (ok, early but not so bright). We are starting to show the wear from our schedule. My calves are talking to me and I choose 10 more minutes of sleep over a good hair day. Today we go with the wash and wear look and pop a few Advil before heading out to the bus.

I must say, I'm impressed with the bus service so far. We haven't waited more than 10 minutes for any bus in the morning. Well done Disney transportation! Before long we are at the Animal Kingdom. I love this park! I love the music, love the animals, love the vibe (Dino land excluded in the vibe part). Once again, the troops are primed on our strategy. Stick with me folks and I'll show you a good time. I am really excited this morning to introduce my family to Everest. Boy, the cast members walking us back to Everest with the rope can really haul. Hats off to you ladies, you rock! Before long we are boarding the train to meet our fate with the Yeti. I am hoping and praying that DD(9) likes this ride because I absolutely LOVE it and would like to ride several times. More magic....she loves it and can't wait to go again! The ride is basically a walk on during EMH. By the time you walk through the que, you are up to the first cast memember at the loading area. In that first hour we rode EE 5 times, walked away with 2 fast passes, and were in line for the safari. Yes! Top that! EE gives us ample opportunity to indulge in our new family hobby - posing for ride photos. We try the frightened look, the thumbs up look, the funny face look.

After our safari we returned to ride EE, grab yet another fastpass, and introduced the family to the Nemo puppet show. They were as impressed with it as I was. DD (9) likes to sit up front and this was an interesting perspective. We did have to turn around a few times and the side angle didn't give you as great of an overall perspective, but we were able to really see the performers expressions and that really added a lot to the experience. Fantastic! I think this one edges out FoTLK in my mind.

Our AK day was filled with FoTLK, more character pictures and autographs, both trails, Rafiki's Planet Watch, enjoying the entertainment and sights, EE, and lunch at Yak and Yeti. We enjoyed our lunch here. DD did not find anything to her liking on the children's menu again so we ordered several entrees to share. I'd read about the green beans here on Intercot so I ordered a side. Big mistake. I should have ordered the appetizer because they disappeared in about 3 minutes and I had to ask for another side. They were absolutely yummy!

Thanks to EMH and fastpass we were able to ride Everest 11 times this day! Thats right, I said 11! Now tell me that isn't magical!:thumbsup: Our final tally would have been 10 but while in line for our final fast pass we were given another set by a cast member. (More magic. Are you seeing a trend here?) We were waiting in line for the end of the train. There was one family in front of us. The cast member approached us with a family with a handicapped child in a wheelchair and said, "I'm going to bump you back one more train and let this family go ahead of you." We moved back and said, "Absolutely, go right ahead." Then the cast member approached the lady in front of us and said that he needed to bump her up one row to make room for this family and the woman said, "Absolutely not. I want the back and I'm not moving" and turned her back to the cast member. :jaw: I think the castmember was as stunned as I was. I think my jaw was literally on the ground. After the family boarded the train the cast member thanked us for being so understanding. It really wasn't a problem. So we waited for one more train, big deal. The cast member thanked us again and pulled out four fast passes to thank us for our cooperation. Really not necessary, but much appreciated. Look! Another parental educational opportunity!

We left AK a few minutes early and headed back to the resort. We canceled our PS for Ohana this evening and elected instead to take the boat to DTD for a bit of shopping and to check out the Earl of Sandwich. The boat ride was very relaxing and very pretty! We really enjoyed this. Lots of shopping, a quick peak into Bibbity Bobbity Boutique, and yummy sandwiches for all. Intercot once again scores as a wealth of information. Earl of Sandwich was very tasty and a nice change of pace. The place was mobbed but the lines moved quickly.

Back to the resort via the boat and to bed.
Next up: A day of "rest" at Typhoon Lagoon.:mickey:

BronxTigger
03-02-2008, 08:18 PM
You really had a wonderful day! I am really enjoying reading your trip reports! Thanks!

poohbearlover15
03-02-2008, 08:46 PM
haha I love doing different faces on rides you can go on more than once! Great Report!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
03-02-2008, 09:53 PM
It's unbelievable what comes out of some people's mouths. Thanks for sharing your great day. Eleven times on E:E?? I'm so jealous!!:mickey::cloud9:

RedheadWriter
03-02-2008, 10:29 PM
wonderful day!:mickey::thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
03-03-2008, 08:01 AM
WOW! 11 times on EE! Now that is my kind of day in the Animal Kingdom!
I also want to applaud you for educating your children in proper behavior, I'm just sorry that there was multiple opportunities to draw from.:thumbsup:

DizNee143
03-03-2008, 01:27 PM
great day...seems to be the trend with your trip!! earl of sandwich is very good!! i just keep thinking about that roastbeef sandwick i had!! yummmy!! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Bethis26fan
03-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks for sharing.

tinkerbell04
03-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great day.:mickey:

pdrlkr
03-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

LilHooligan74
03-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Sounds like a blast:thumbsup:. I again can't wait to go back. I hope I can get my family to go on ee at least once!

MOJoe
03-05-2008, 01:03 PM
I agree that Nemo has edged out FoTLK as the best stage show. And regarding the lady who wouldn't move; how unbelievably self-centered! But...Eleven times on EE? You've got to be kidding!!!

January-2007
03-05-2008, 06:04 PM
You must have really wanted a change of pace to cancel an ADR at 'Ohana, our most favorite restaurant... Glad you had such a great day, so many rides, how fun! :mickey:

vizsla
03-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Another great day. Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
03-06-2008, 03:17 PM
E:E ELEVEN times?! Outstanding!

"Absolutely not. I want the back and I'm not moving" and turned her back to the cast member. It is amazing to us how many people can have horrible attitudes at AK. In fact, we refuse to stay through the afternoon due to the rudeness we've experienced through the years at this park as the day progresses.

Another grand day. I bet you guys are going to need to sleep in a day soon, though! :mickey:

kaerbear178
03-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the report! You really got a lot done in one day including you 11 times on EE. WOW!

BluewaterBrad
03-09-2008, 04:02 PM
You had such a good time! :mickey:

wilshade
03-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the report and glad you had another great time! And, also, thanks for being so gracious when the CMs asked to let the other family go in front of you. I know why they were so appreciative and am glad they were able to show you by giving you the fast passes.

I think you are right that Finding Nemo the Musical edges out the Festival of the Lion King. I enjoy ending the day at the AK with the last performance of Nemo. The cast is absolutely tremendous!

poeticeclipse
03-11-2008, 12:11 PM
I hope in a month and a half I can have as much luck of getting on EE as much as you!!!

faline
03-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Eleven times on Expedition:Everest! Wow! I like this ride but don't think I could handle 11 rides in one day!

castlelady36
03-17-2008, 10:48 AM
The most we have rode EE was 5 times!! Yeah for you!! Love your reports!!