PDA

View Full Version : D.D. Doubletree vs Hilton

jmks57
03-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Going to WDW for spring break. Which hotel the Downtown Disney Hilton or the Doubletree? We plan to spend most of time in the Parks, so pools and hotel activies aren't priority. We like the closeness to Downtown Disney at the Hilton and the 2 room suite at the Doubletree. We are Hilton Honors members are there any perks at either hotel? Give all pros vs cons. THANKS!!!!

PhilHarHarMagic
03-02-2008, 11:22 AM
:welcome:

Doubletree has cookies.:tasty:

You probably need to check the Hilton website for what perks you might get - which will depend on what level of HHonors card you have.

I've never stayed at either one in Orlando - typically the standards are higher at Hilton than Doubletree, but for the most part my experience has been similar between the two chains.

DisneyTeen
03-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Hilton is closer to Downtown Disney. I haven't stayed at the hilton, but I did stay at the double tree and they do have great cookies at check in. Also, its an all suite hotel. 2 rooms, fold out couch, larger dinning area. I liked having a fridge and a microwave for late night snacks. I am sure the hilton is just as nice, but we had a good stay at the doubletree, i would go back.

c&d
03-03-2008, 10:13 AM
I would check, but I recall that the Hilton allowed you to go to EMH when I looked at their website. That was awhile ago and if it's still so I would stay there.

baby minnie's mommy
03-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Yes, Hilton still does the EMH.

Hilton is more "business" class in my opinion. Embassy Suites was more to our liking with our preschooler. Haven't tried Doubletree, but from the pictures the room looks more cheerful than Hilton. If you're not taking kids, or are spending most your time in the park, Hilton might be better. You'll get to use EMH, and are able to walk to DTD.

We got coupons for two free bottles of water at HIlton last time with HHonors, but no other perks that I know of ( except the points, of course.)

Hilton has a quick-service that sells Starbucks coffee, as well as sandwiches and pastries and lots of snacks. The sit-down restaurant Covington Mill is a nice comfy place to eat breakfast. It has pre-plated choices and a buffet. The buffet is great, but the price is not listed so be sure to ask beforehand - it's kinda pricey.

Don't know if you are using points or paying. You may need to use more points at one hotel vs. the other. Or if paying, you may receive more points at one. So you may want to ask about that, too.

kmo84
03-05-2008, 08:18 PM
The Doubletree is great for all the space you have in the room. But it is all the way at the other end of Hotel Plaza Blvd, so it can be a trek to DD if you want to walk.

I liked the Hilton a lot from my previous stays. It's nice to be so close to DD.

You can't really go wrong with either, IMO. But I would think the EMH would give the Hilton the edge.:mickey:

sloslo
03-06-2008, 07:56 AM
I stayed in the doubletree two years ago and really liked it. It's a 2 room suite with a separate door for the bedroom. It's a hike to DTD but a suite in the Hilton can cost a fortune. Also, the doubletree is right next to the Crossroads at Lake Buena Vista shopping center. You can pick up food, water, etc. at Goodings Supermarket.