PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House Buffet

Hull-onian
03-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Has anyone been to Tusker House Buffet? Is it good? Do you need ressies?

stitch34
03-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Haven't been yet but you definitely need an ADR.

#1donaldfan
03-02-2008, 09:00 AM
We haven't been there yet, but plan on it in December.....I'm sure ressies are necessary....I can't wait !!!!:mickey:

big blue and hairy
03-02-2008, 12:15 PM
You should make an ADR, although DW and I walked up and waited about 20 minutes. The buffet was very good. We both think it is an improvement over the counter service. As I predicted quite a while back, the chicken is on the buffet, so all the folks having a stroke over the "loss of the rotisserie chicken" can calm down....;)

:sulley:

DawsonAR
03-03-2008, 11:53 AM
We ate there in january and I have to say this is the only place at WDW that we haven't liked at all. I don't think we will be returning here.

SurferStitch
03-05-2008, 06:58 AM
We did breakfast there, and it was the best breakfast buffet we've ever done at WDW. There was a huge selection, and there were some unique choices. Everything was fresh and delicious.

Character interaction was great. Our server, Neil, really topped everything off! He was very friendly, and treated us like family. We will ask for him again.

We can't wait to go back in May!

mudpuppysmom
03-05-2008, 09:30 AM
We did lunch as a walk up in January and did not have an ADR.....by the time I walked back over to the drum area opposite the restaurant to get DH and DS our buzzer was already going off, so we did not wait long at all.

I thought the tables were a bit crowded inside and they are the same tables as the CS place had, just grouped differently.

As for the food, we thought it was good and we would go back -- even DH thought so and he never says much about meals......he usually says "I didn't leave anything there to have to go back for", but he did agree that the food was decent and since DS actually ATE food that is a plus in our book!

Even though I am pregnant and have trouble eating meat there was enough to satisfy me (I so miss meat!!). Granted, I was not stuffed, but there was wnough there to get me through lunch and keep me going for a few hours.

DisneyDudet
03-05-2008, 09:56 AM
One question...

Is the corn chowder there?

joanna71985
03-05-2008, 09:57 AM
I will be doing the new breakfast in June. I can't wait!!

TheDuckRocks
03-05-2008, 11:07 AM
We ate there in january and I have to say this is the only place at WDW that we haven't liked at all. I don't think we will be returning here.

:ditto: And we used to love the old Donald Breakfast so we were very disappointed.

eeyoremom
03-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Can anyone give the prices at Tusker House since it is now a buffet? Tusker House was one of our favorites, but that was partly because it was quite inexpensive for the meal you got. I assume it is now much more. Thanks

mudpuppysmom
03-05-2008, 03:34 PM
I don't recall the corn chowder being there....

As for price I believe that adults for lunch were 19.99 and kids were 12.99, but don't quote me.....our bill was around $64 for three of us, but we also each had something extra to drink....I had some sort of "sunshine juice" the CM called it and DH I want to say had a beer or a glass of wine while DS stayed on par with "sprite".

Hull-onian
03-06-2008, 07:14 PM
We are still on the fence about eating at Tusker House. We have ADR for RFC outside the AKP for dinner. But we will consider it as it was always one of my favorite places to dine.:eat:

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-06-2008, 07:59 PM
:ditto: And we used to love the old Donald Breakfast so we were very disappointed.

Could either of you elaborate on what you didn't like??

Jared
03-06-2008, 08:47 PM
One question...

Is the corn chowder there?
Sorry, Morgan. Tusker House Restaurant no longer offers the corn chowder.

I know Animal Kingdom needed more table service options, but I wish it wasn't at the expense of one of my favorite counter service options in Disney. Why couldn't they have turned Pizzafari into a buffet instead? The salmon, rice and vegetable plate was a welcome respite from the fried junk at many other counter service eateries.

DisneyDudet
03-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Sorry, Morgan. Tusker House Restaurant no longer offers the corn chowder.

I know Animal Kingdom needed more table service options, but I wish it wasn't at the expense of one of my favorite counter service options in Disney. Why couldn't they have turned Pizzafari into a buffet instead? The salmon, rice and vegetable plate was a welcome respite from the fried junk at many other counter service eateries.

Agreeable. My favorite (obviously) was the Wrap that came with fruit and corn chowder. It was the best meal at WDW! That corn chowder is the best soup, behind the Cheese Soup from LeCellier of course.

Well, since the chowder isn't there, I shall not patron the new, unimproved Tusker House.

Camping Mom
03-06-2008, 10:04 PM
We were at Tusker House for breakfast around Christmas and had a reservation so we were good. It wasn't filled up the morning we went but we try to go as late as possible. The food was very good with fresh fruit, ham, the juice was to die for and lots of entrees. I was so full.

I DO miss it being the Donaldsaurus Restaurant. It is now more hoity toity. My kids loved going to the DR and having the tricks and jokes played on them. Our favorite waiter has always been Mike and he is at TH, too. There are enough hoity restaurants at Disney...we needed to have kept the fun one!!

Hull-onian
03-08-2008, 05:43 PM
:tiphat: :thanks: everyone for your input on Tusker House. I am still on the fence about making an ADR for it.

Belle_0717
03-09-2008, 12:01 PM
My DH and I just at lunch there last week. We really didn't care for it. The service was slow and the food was just ok.

Magic Smiles
03-10-2008, 01:33 PM
If you do a search on Tusker House, I know that there have been other threads with similiar questions and many reviews.

disneyduggan
03-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Not sure about this one for us...we are not all that picky, but are wondering about the choices? Can anyone post what they recall being on the buffet for dinner? :mickey:

azcavalier
04-06-2008, 12:38 PM
We loved Tusker House when it was a counter service, but we haven't been there since it's converted to a buffet. OUR question is, if it's open for dinner, what happens in the off-season when AK closes early, like at 5pm? Is the restaurant still open? How does that work? That's why we haven't made an ADR for it yet.