PDA

View Full Version : carribean beach last upgraded??

ToraTory
03-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Greetings,

We haven't stayed at carribean beach in quite a while (1992) have the rooms been upgraded/remodeled recently? A while back I heard the resort was starting to look a bit shabby, has anyone stayed there recently? What did you think?

Where's the best location?

thanks -- tory

lockedoutlogic
03-01-2008, 05:16 PM
the rooms were rehabbed in 01-02...the food court and gift shop area was shutdown and remodeled from September to December 2002....

BluewaterBrad
03-01-2008, 05:41 PM
We stayed in June of 05. We enjoyed it all!!:mickey:

BronxTigger
03-01-2008, 05:56 PM
I stayed at CBR in August 2007. I really enjoyed it. I did not find it to be shabby at all. My understanding is that the room decor is different than it was before the remodel.

If you click on my name and go to my homepage, I have an album of CBR photos from my stay.

I was in the Aruba section, and I thought it was a good location. It is across the lake from OPR (food court) so the walk was not too bad.

The pool is currently being rebuilt. It is scheduled to be done in September of this year. The quiet pools in each village are still open.

mickeefan
03-01-2008, 06:28 PM
We always loved Martinique, building 25 or 26.
It was right beside OPR and the bus stop was just across the small parking lot behind OPR.
That rehab in 01-02 is what led me to the MK resorts. We had reservations there and due to the renovations they moved us to the Contemporary at the same price. We loved being on the monorail so much we never went back.

poeticeclipse
03-02-2008, 09:23 AM
I stayed at CBR in August 2007. I really enjoyed it. I did not find it to be shabby at all. My understanding is that the room decor is different than it was before the remodel.

If you click on my name and go to my homepage, I have an album of CBR photos from my stay.

I was in the Aruba section, and I thought it was a good location. It is across the lake from OPR (food court) so the walk was not too bad.

The pool is currently being rebuilt. It is scheduled to be done in September of this year. The quiet pools in each village are still open.

I really loved your pictures! Normally I only see the room pictures from one angle but yours are awesome. I'm basically in love with corner rooms now! :) DH and I are staying there for 3 nights for our anniversary late April/early May and would love a king bed corner room. Did you request that or were you just put into that room?

BronxTigger
03-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I really loved your pictures! Normally I only see the room pictures from one angle but yours are awesome. I'm basically in love with corner rooms now! :) DH and I are staying there for 3 nights for our anniversary late April/early May and would love a king bed corner room. Did you request that or were you just put into that room?

Awww, thanks! I took them with the Intercot audience in mind. I'm glad they are helpful.

I did not request that room, but I was truly blessed to get it! It was on the first floor, a corner room, and a king bed! My assumption is that because I was traveling alone I got a room with a capacity of 2 because many families needed a capacity of 4.

King beds are actually something you are supposed to pay extra for; it's about $15 more a night. Corner rooms can be requested. I think CBR is the only moderate that has 2 windows on the corner rooms.

Good luck!

pixiesmimi
03-04-2008, 02:04 AM
We stayed there in Aug. 07 also and were upgraded to a corner room in Aruba with a King. It was great! We had requested Aruba on our reservations and when we checked in they said they had put us in Trinidad South (furthest out). I was a little upset about this since it was our anniversary. The girl left and came back in a few minutes with a room in Aruba with a King after we were told there were none available. We were so grateful and it was wonderful!

Kidsmom
03-04-2008, 09:22 AM
We had a corner room and the adjoining room in Jamacia in 08/07. The corner room is great with the windows!

I thought CBR was a great moderate. We kept saying was a great room for what you paid.

yjgirl715
03-04-2008, 10:10 AM
We stayed there in May of 07 and loved it! The rooms were nice and larger then I expected. The landscape was beautiful and very peaceful. We stayed in Jamica and was a little far away from the bus stop and the OPR, but that was my fault for not requesting a certain area. I would definately go back there. Oh thery are redoing the main pool and it won't open I believe till Sept. Hope this helps. Have a great trip. :mickey: