PDA

View Full Version : Is November always a different park closed yearly?

scootch713
03-01-2008, 12:55 PM
So anyone with some history... do they always rotate which park is closed in November? My kids are wanting to go to Blizzard beach. It was open this past November but is on a long haul refurbishment now..... trying to find out if it will be the park closed for sure this November?? I want to get my park tickets soon..... thanks.

wendy*darling
03-01-2008, 02:03 PM
The water parks take turns closing in the cooler months for yearly rehabs, general maintenance, etc.

A look at InfoCentral's Historical Park Hours (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/fwcg07.JPG)section shows that having Blizzard Beach open last Nov was not the usual pattern.
It seems that BB closes at the end of Oct through the mid part of Dec, then Typhoon Lagoon closes mid-December through February.

The dates vary a little year to year. And I guess they base it on which park needs the most work, a new ride or area, etc.

This is no guarantee, but I would bet BB will be closed in November this year.

joanna71985
03-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Yes. The water parks are closed for a few months each (first one, then the other). So only one is opened during the winter months, at a time.

scootch713
03-02-2008, 10:28 AM
You are probably right... BB being open this past November was a big surprise for me. Guess I will have to wait till November hours. Since Sept was just released, November isn't too far behind. thanks.