PDA

View Full Version : Ddp ?

kdssmorse
03-01-2008, 12:29 PM
I was wondering with the changes that were made does Disney add gratuity onto your bill if so how much?
I'm not sure I like the changes that were made.
Thanks

Jared
03-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Gratuity is no longer included with the Disney Dining Plan. Also, guests are no longer entitled to an appetizer at full service restaurants, just an entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage.

mook3y
03-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I believe what kds is wondering is if gratuity is being automatically added - for us to pay - to the bill.

I don't believe this is the case, but have not been on the new dining plan yet.

Someone will be along shortly with an answer. I expect that they do not add on gratuity automatically unless there are a lot of people in the party.

aurorafan
03-01-2008, 03:40 PM
No they're not adding it to your bill automatically. To add to the confusion there is no property-wide system (at least that we noticed). Almost every restaurant had a different way of dealing with it which made it very confusing. They will bring out a reciept with your ddp info, then most of the places we ate had you put the amount you want to tip on that reciept, ask you how you want to pay for it (cash, room, cc) and if you're charging it they take it back, charge it and come back with another reciept for you to sign for the charge.

All the servers we encountered were very nice and explained their system well, so if you have any questions they'll be able to answer them :).

jszczur5
03-01-2008, 05:17 PM
An 18% gratuity is added to the bill automatically for parties of 6 or more. This means 6 people, not necessarily 6 diners. A family of 6 which includes an infant who is not eating still counts as 6.
For parties of 5 or less, there are 2 lines on the cheque calculating the 18% tip for you, as well as 20%. Your server will ask you (some of them - often) how you would like to handle paying for the gratuity.
When we go in August, I am hoping for one week of Free Dining, and 2 days of having to pay for DDP. I will be paying for the gratuity with cash.

Johnno52
03-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I just wanted to confirm all the above posts as right! We dined at the GF High Tea and Spoodles one (HT) showed the tip suggestion the other (Sp) didn't, both were OOP.