PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars on Cruise Ship

MaryPoppinsFan
03-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Okay I havent even booked a trip yet, but I found some Disney Dollars we had put away for the kids before. and I was wondering if you could use hem on the cruise ship for souveniers and such? We are hoping to do a land and sea package so we can use them on the land portion but I was just curious. :mickey:

Thanks

RobWreck
03-01-2008, 12:43 PM
If they treatthe Disney Dollars anything like the Disney Rewards card, then the answer is "Yes and No". Although you can't directly use the Disney Reward dollars at the cash register, you can go to Guest Services and have them transfer the balance (or just a set amount) from your Disney Reward card onto your account. I'd imagine that the same applies for the Disney Dollars... you don't use them at the register, but rather swipe your 'Key the the World' card at the register and them use the Disney Dollars to settle up at Guest Services sometime later...
Rob

PS: It's really not much of a hassle to do that... Guest Services is open 24 hours a day, and the vast majority of the time, there's no line. It only gets hectic at the expected times (last night on board, etc...)

ElenitaB
03-01-2008, 02:51 PM
RobWreck is right: you can apply Disney Dollars to your onboard account, but you cannot use them on the ship or on Castaway Cay. In my experience, once you board, it's a plastic only experience (except for tipping room service and if you chose to tip your servers and room steward the last night with cash).

He's also right in pointing out the Guest Services is open 24/7. You can easily avoid lines by going off hours (mid morning seemed to work out quite well for me this past cruise).