PDA

View Full Version : Liberty tree tavern?

BostonChic
03-01-2008, 09:34 AM
I have dinner reservations here with DH and our 2 sons(6&1) I've heard different things about LTT?Is the food tasty?and how is the character interaction?We are not picky at all ;)
just wonering!

cckelly
03-01-2008, 10:00 AM
We love Liberty Tree Tavern. They serve "comfort food" which is very good (if a bit salty). We've gotten meatloaf and mashed potatoes with steamed veggies, chicken with the same, and a turkey dinner--all three were wonderful!:tasty::tasty:
The character interactions at dinner have always been lots of fun, and each time we've been (three times) Minnie, Goofy and Chip and Dale have been there dressed in colonial type dress. LOTS OF FUN--we'll go again in April!!

onjbj
03-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I agee with all of the above! My kids had a great time with characters, although we did wait quite awhile for Minnie to get to us. The food was great and the servers were lovely. Have a ball!!

Jared
03-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern is probably my favorite character meal. It's a little quieter and more manageable than the huge popular buffets like Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. I like that the meal is served family-style, so I can relax and enjoy the character interaction without constantly waiting in a buffet line.

The food is quite good, especially for a character meal. It's a hearty dinner, no doubt, but all three courses are delicious. Try not to fill up on the rolls and honey butter, as hard as that is, because you will spoil your appetite for the meat, mashed potatoes and superb stuffing.

:tasty:

lovewalt
03-01-2008, 10:21 AM
If you enjoy traditional Thanksgiving type food ,then you'll love LTT. My DH loves turkey and the LTT dinner was his favorite meal of his last trip.I'm not as crazy about turkey as he is but I still enjoy it there.DD age 5 is also a big fan.:thumbsup:

BostonChic
03-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I appreciated the replies :mickey:
so excited now :D

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-01-2008, 10:56 AM
You'll love LTT...at least we do!

Like the other posters have said, the food is good and filling, think "Thanksgiving Dinner"!

It is the best character interaction we've had at Disney. It is quieter than most character meals, and we've always seen the characters a number of times, and the interaction with DD was just amazing!

Enjoy

TexasPrincessAurora
03-01-2008, 11:56 AM
LTT is wonderful! The atmosphere and decor is very relaxing and makes you feel like you have stepped back in time. The food is wonderful American comfort food. Service is typically very good. The character interaction is typically very good as well! One of our favorites. I love it at lunch as well when they have a menu available. No characters but a very peaceful place to escape the hurried pace of the parks.

joanna71985
03-01-2008, 01:02 PM
LTT is great! I love it there. I eat there at least once a trip. The food is good, and the characters are so cute in their outfits.

BigRedDad
03-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Interaction was great when I was there with my two nephews and family. Goofy came up, took one PotC from the table and proceeded to have a sword fight with my youngest nephew. When my nephew stabbed Goofy, h made a dramatic dying scene and laid on the floor. We will always eat there because of that experience.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-01-2008, 04:38 PM
My sis had a great food fight here with Chip & Dale & Goofy. But to be fair, Goofy started it. Or was it Dale? Love the food, love the service and the characters were great.

GrmGrninGost
03-01-2008, 04:43 PM
In all of WDW, this is the one TS we do not miss! My whole family loves it! The food is good, the atmosphere is wonderful and the character interaction is fantastic! Put it all together, and for us, it is our favorite! :mickey:

Aurora's Spindle
03-01-2008, 09:30 PM
I've only been to LTT once before, but it was fantastic! The food was served family style, and there was more than enough to go around for our family of (at the time) five. Furthermore, the character interaction was superb! We had Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, and Chip & Dale around us for a good deal of time, and they were all very friendly and accomodating as far as taking pictures and entertaining went. We would definitely go again.

Stormer
03-01-2008, 09:59 PM
One of our favorites. The food is actually good and the characters are dressed very cute. A good time for sure!

adoptionislove
03-01-2008, 10:04 PM
I am so happy to have found this post!!!

We have ADRs there for 2 weeks from tonight and I have been wondering about it!

Thank you!

Michelle

Shugoondola
03-01-2008, 11:48 PM
I've always had a great meal at LTT (lunch and dinner). No complaints here! :number1:

:mickey:

Cindy'smom
03-02-2008, 09:45 AM
We recently dined there for the first time and we had a GREAT time! The food was very tasty, loved the salad and dressing. More food than we cared to eat (and we were starving). The character interaction was wonderful! I wonder if they had a set of characters for each side of the room because they did not appear rushed and they were around several times during our dinner. We also loved the family style service, it allows for some much needed rest for the feet and you don't worry about missing characters while at the buffet. My husband declared it one of the best meals on property. I wouldn't hesitate to return here. Enjoy!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-02-2008, 10:28 AM
We ate there as 2 adults in nov and had a great time. We are going back w/ my nephew this fall.

disneylovinmom
03-02-2008, 02:32 PM
We enjoyed Liberty Tree Tavern very much in December. It is far more relaxing than most of the character meals because they bring your food to you instead of you having to get up and run around and get the kids their food. I am usually the last one to eat at those buffet style meals. The food was quite good. The characters are so cute and you get good interaction even if you have older kids. You will enjoy it. Have a fabulous vacation.:mickey:

jwallace378
03-02-2008, 04:32 PM
I've never had character meals there, but LTT is great for lunch. Very satisfying and filling food. The Yankee Pot Roast is:thumbsup:

dismommy
03-02-2008, 04:39 PM
After reading this I think we will dine at LTT our next trip (November). Have been trying to decide between LTT and Garden Grill but I think I've decided! :mickey: