PDA

View Full Version : water parks in morning or afternoon?

Disneymom65
03-01-2008, 08:39 AM
I have a few questions about the water parks:

1. Is it better to go in the morning when they open or in the afternoon?

2. Do you have to rent the tubes or are they just there for each ride?

3. Has anyone ever gone in the afternoon and not been able to get in because they were "full".

Thanks!

sneadhead
03-01-2008, 09:24 AM
I don't have an answer, but I do have another question regarding water parks. When the water parks have EMH in the evening is it for three hours like the other parks?

PirateLover
03-01-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't know about evening EMH at the water parks, I've only done morning.

I think it's better to go in the morning and beat the crowds. In the afternoon it starts filling up. I don't know if people get denied but it gets pretty full- lines for some of the bigger slides can be an hour+ in the warmer months. Tubes are free, you get them at each ride.

KayDee
03-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Yes I agree the morning is best for BB. SP fills up instantly. I have waited in line before they even opened up the ride. Soon as I came back up from riding the ride it was an hour plus wait.

myhappyplace
03-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I personally feel it is best to go in the morning. We have done both and morning has worked better for us.

They will turn people away once they hit max capacity. That happened to us on our August trip. We go in May now and it hasn't happened then.

Never stay for the EMH. Way to tired by then, even my daughter is worn out by then. Come to mention it, I don't think we have ever made it to closing.

Speedy1998
03-03-2008, 09:32 PM
I met a family last trip that had an intresting idea regarding the water parks. They got to the water parks first thing every morning, Went back to the resort for lunch, slept for most of the afternoon then in the evening headed for the park with EMH.

kaylamag
03-04-2008, 08:50 AM
On our recent trip we went as soon as they opened and only stayed about three hours. In those three hours we were able to ride everything at least once some multiple times. As we were leaving we noticed the park was getting pretty crowded, and on the way home we had the bus to ourselves.

yjgirl715
03-04-2008, 09:35 AM
I think it might all depend on when your trip is. I went in May of last year and got on all the rides preety quickly- we went in the afternoon like around 11 and had no problems. Then stayed till about a half hour before closing and still didn't have any trouble with the buses.

mom2four
03-07-2008, 06:18 PM
We did Typhoon Lagoon on March 4th. We arrived at opening and the park was almost empty. No waits on anything. We did everything once and a few things more than once. We hit the wavepool again before we left and it was much fuller.

There is something exciting about getting to the water park when it is empty.

We had a blast. We do not last long at waterparks or we would have stayed longer.

We did TL until 12:30, had lunch their, napped at our resort, went over to MK for a few hours and then did Hoop Dee Doo.

All for water parks in the AM.

busterthebronco
03-07-2008, 09:45 PM
we go every spring break (atl spring break) and have seen the water parks maxed out at lunch.
first BB fills then TL.
we go extra early now.
usually about 3:00 they open back up.
i guess enough people leave that they can replace with new folks.
we have gotten to the room about 4:00 and called and found them open and headed out.
usually on our way back to the room from the AK we check it out from the signs.
tubes are free.
rent a towel for $1.00.
rent a locker too.

Jen C.
03-07-2008, 10:26 PM
i love water parks:secret::party:

NJ Camper
03-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I agree with the above morning would be best if you are going over the summer maybe mandatory if you want to get in unless you wait long enough for people to get tired and start leaveing

DisneyPrincess01
03-09-2008, 03:05 PM
If you are able to get up and out early I would say morning. I have been to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach when they first opened and they were almost empty. One time I tried to go to Blizzard Beach at about 3:00 pm and it was full and I couldn't get in.

BluewaterBrad
03-09-2008, 03:26 PM
i love water parks:secret::party:

Amen. :mickey:

NJ Camper
03-09-2008, 03:45 PM
I would go early especially if you go during summer they tend to fill fast

Sharon1026
03-09-2008, 07:06 PM
You are best to get there first thing. You can get on the rides quicker before the crowds show up.

I have seen the water parks get to capacity many times in the summer.

:stitch2:

DizneyFanz
03-20-2008, 07:59 PM
We always go in the morning. We've never tried to go in the afternoon, mainly because of the Florida afternoon rains (in the spring & summer).

Although many have said that after the afternoon rains, the place is virtually empty!

lockedoutlogic
03-20-2008, 08:22 PM
You have to go at opening at hit everything with a line as much as you can....

you will be able to get probably 2 times the number of things done in the first 1 1/2 hours on a crowded day than you can from 10 am to park close....

run at the beginning....rest later

MarkC
03-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Agree with going right at opening, but another option is going only for the last hour or two. A lot of people have left, and it's still not near as crowded as going during peak times. It's usually warmer outside then, and it may be refreshing after you've hit the parks earlier. One more comment--even when it's very crowded we've always been able to get in the lazy river within a couple of minutes. Mark

jans2kids
03-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Last August we did both EE at BB and TL and EMH at TL. For the EE they opened at 8am and we pretty much had no waits for anything hitting almost every slide by 10am and then spen time in the pools, leaving around 11.

For the EMH hour TL was to close ar 6pm and it atyed open until 9pm. It was a little more crowded than I thought it would be but the wiats were still not too long. It got chilly standing in line a few times, but it was cool riding the slides as it got dark. There is lighting but not very bright. We probably spent an hour in the wave pool until the park closed. I don't know how any life guard would be able to see anybody out in the middle of the pool, but our kids did have fun.

Mary M
03-25-2008, 10:59 AM
The only time I'd recommend afternoon is during the winter - you might need to wait for it to warm up enough!