PDA

View Full Version : Natazu

auntfrannie
03-01-2008, 07:00 AM
Jym, on another dining post you listed your top 7 Must Try restaurants:

Jym's Top-7 Best "Must Eat At" Places at WDW:
(cost and Dining Plan participation not withstanding)
7. Il Mulino
6. Citrico's
5. Kona Café
4. Marrakesh
3. Flying Fish Café
2. California Grill
1. Victoria and Albert's

I'm just curious that I don't see Narcoossee's on your list. In your opinion, what causes Citrico's to make the list but not Narcoossee's? I'm asking because I've heard so many wonderful reviews of Narcoossee's that in my upcoming trip I'm dining there twice. Thanks for your input!

murphy1
03-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Uh, questioning the master:D I thought he gave that one an honorable mention even though not in Top 7. He does like Narcossees when I had asked about it awhile back.

disneydeb
03-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Yep, our Jym sure does like to live high on the hog. I hear he writes food critiques for a hobby of his. :thumbsup::thumbsup:(that would be 2 thumbs up for Jym)

auntfrannie
03-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Uh, questioning the master:D I thought he gave that one an honorable mention even though not in Top 7. He does like Narcossees when I had asked about it awhile back.

Oh no! Definitely not questioning the Master! :blush: I'm just wondering if I should change one of my Narcoossee ADRs for a Citricos.

Natazu
03-02-2008, 04:09 AM
That's a perfectly fair question. (I don't know about the master thing though).
We love Narcoossee's and try to get there once or twice a year. They always do a great job, awesome crab cakes, filet, lobster, and grade A service. The ones I put on that top-7 (with the exception of Vicky's) are the restaurants that are on our "every trip no matter what" list. V&A is a must-do when it's feasible but that's not always the case. ;)

murphy1
03-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Just teasing, hehe. I'm glad people question him, we need to keep him on his Zagat toes! I have Narc. on my list to go to one of these days, so am very happy to hear great results from people.

auntfrannie
03-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Well it's hard not to consider him the Master when it comes to dining reviews. His reviews are always so informative.

Speaking of your reviews, Jym, is there an easy way to find them on Intercot? Occasionally you post a link to a review you've done for a specific restaurant but when I try to search for them I don't have much luck.

Actually, I would like to see a Dining Review section that has a thread for each restaurant. It's always interesting to read different perspectives and experiences people have with the same restaurants. Or maybe there's something already here an d I'm just looking the wrong place?:confused:

big blue and hairy
03-02-2008, 12:19 PM
I don't know if you caught Il Mulino on an "exceptional night" or what but DW and I went there and were very unimpressed. The food was mediocre at best. I don't mind paying a deluxe price for deluxe food. Il Mulino was ordinary at best. We have no plans to go back.

:sulley:

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-02-2008, 09:54 PM
The only one on the list I've tried has been Marrakesh and I didn't like it. I thought the food was terrible bland. I just like my food with more flavor. However the entertainment and atmosphere was great.

Polynesian Dweller
03-02-2008, 11:35 PM
The only one on the list I've tried has been Marrakesh and I didn't like it. I thought the food was terrible bland. I just like my food with more flavor. However the entertainment and atmosphere was great.

We agree with your comments about the food though not quite to terrible levels for us it was bland and a bit ordinary. The atmsphere and entertainment didn't do that much for us either. Like all things Disney, it wasn't bad but in this case we think there are better places.

On the question of Narcoosee's, it is a must visit for us and you won't be disappointed. Don't dispute Jym's reviews at all, people's tastes do vary and you have to find what you like.

Natazu
03-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Speaking of your reviews, Jym, is there an easy way to find them on Intercot? Occasionally you post a link to a review you've done for a specific restaurant but when I try to search for them I don't have much luck.
Try this:
Click on "search" on the top toolbar, then click on the "advanced search" link. From there, under Search by keyword type "dining review"... under Search by user name type "natazu" and select Find Threads Started by User in the drop-down menu.

That will bring up some duplicate threads but that will hit most of them. If there's a restaurant you're interested in, let me know and I'll see if I can dig one up. We've been pretty much everywhere but Yak & Yeti and the new Tusker House.

auntfrannie
03-03-2008, 05:23 AM
Jym, that worked great! Now I've got lots of reading to do. Thanks!