PDA

View Full Version : What to wear in March?

psychotekkie
02-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Please help us! We are visiting Disney in 1 week, and have never done a trip in March before.
We are coming from 14 degree weather, and lots of snow, so I realize anything will feel relatively warm. But I see in the weather forecasts that although the daytime highs will be in the 70's, the evenings will go down to the 50's.
We don't want to lug too much extra clothing around the parks. What should we wear?
(Do the stores and attractions bother with air conditioning at this time of year?)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Yano
03-01-2008, 12:27 AM
I too will go in march from a coooold place, and snow:D
anyway, the weather is unpredictable, we usually go in march, we get both summer clothes, a pair of jeans and one or two sweaters to wear over the short sleevs when it gets cold at night.
we also take off our heavy coats at the airport and put them in the luggage b4 we check in so we are not too warm when we reach Florida.
so, unfortunatily you do need to pack more than usual:(
:flower:

McLiberal8
03-01-2008, 01:56 AM
I went in March of last year, and lemme tell ya.. you need to pack for almost everything. It was high 70s in the day, but mid to low 60s the 1st few days we were there, and we didn't pack warm enough. My suggestion is just layer, layer, layer. And never ever go on Splash Mountain as the sun is going down.. it gets really cold, really fast :freeze:

tjstrike
03-01-2008, 04:49 AM
We leave out for the parks in shorts and a light jacket, if your staying tell park closing you'll want jeans and a jacket.

PhilHarHarMagic
03-01-2008, 08:10 AM
The layering suggestion is right on - before our trip in March last year we purchased some water-proof "wind-breakers" - they served us well for both rain and chill with a long-sleeved t-shirt on underneath.

We're coming from weather that is somewhat similar to Orlando (at least at times) - you're going to have a much warmer experience! :ccat:

DisneyFanaticDargon
03-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Looking at the forecast it doesn't look like it would be too bad next week. I know from personal experience living there that weeks like next week didn't really require anything special to wear. Pay attention to the highs and lows. The high usually comes around 4 in the afternoon but the day will usually start in the upper 60s. Also remember where you're coming from. If you come from a cold winter climate like I do (Michigan), 60 degrees is downright balmy this time of year, and I think the lowest low is in the high 50s and that's in the late evening. Looks like a nice week for travelling.

I'm leaving tomorrow and can't wait to go! When you lived and worked at WDW for 9 months straight, it really IS like going home. :cloud9:

adoptionislove
03-01-2008, 10:13 AM
These suggestions are right on!

We are going in 2 weeks and we will pack shorts and tees and then a sweatshirt and jeans!

I guess it is better to be safe than sorry!!!

Jared
03-01-2008, 10:30 AM
The key to visiting Walt Disney World this time of year is packing layers. My family often travels in February, and the weather is completely unpredictable. Most days, it's easily warm enough to wear shorts, but it does get chilly at night. We've had weeks in February that felt like summer and others that were pretty wintry.

I suggest expecting to wear warm-weather clothes, but packing a sweatshirt, light jacket and a pair of jeans, just in case.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-02-2008, 01:15 AM
I saw on the wether channel today that the temp in Orlando was supposed to be in the 80's. When we went in Dec 2005, a light jacket or sweater was enough at night.

DDuck66
03-03-2008, 11:17 AM
I saw on the wether channel today that the temp in Orlando was supposed to be in the 80's. When we went in Dec 2005, a light jacket or sweater was enough at night.

This past weekend was great with highs in the mid to upper 70's and today it is right near 80. Unfortunatly there is a cold front coming down on Tuesday and the highs are going to drop into the 60'6 by the end of the week. That is typcical for March. Bring both types of clothes.

BigRedDad
03-03-2008, 01:18 PM
I am going on March 29. I am taking shorts, t-shirts, Hawaiian shirts, and only one pair of jeans I hope not to take out. It would have to be below freezing for me to have to put on the jeans.