PDA

View Full Version : New Pirate Items for March

chrisb26
02-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Since items are coming out daily again like they did in Christmas month I think I'll update this thread with the new items when they come out:

Ned's Shop Specials:

Pirate Hat w/ Parrot (Boys Only) - 1000 Credits
Pirate Jacket (Boys Only) - 500 Credits
Pirate Pants (Boys Only) - 500 Credits
Pirate Shoes (Boys Only) - 500 Credits
Bandana (Girls Only) - 1000 Credits
Pirate Jacket w/ Vest (Girls Only) - 500 Credits
Pirate Pants (Girls Only) - 500 Creidts
Pirate Boots (Girls Only) - 500 Credits
PPR Tiny Pirate Ship - 750 Credits
PPR Skull Rock - 1000 Credits
Ariel's Treasure Chest Yellow/Gold - 500 Credits
PPR Small Island 2 - 750 Credits
PPR Tiny Skull Rock - 500 Credits
Mr. Smee Hat (Boys Only) - 1000 Credits
Mr. Smee Shirt (Boys Only) - 500 Credits
Pirate Jacket (Girls Only) - 500 Credits
Pirate Throne Black - 300 Credits
Pirate Throne Blue - 150 Credits
PPR Mermaid Lagoon Waterfall - 1000 Credits
ALR Cave Wall Tall - 500 Credits
ALR Cave Corner Wall - 250 credits
ALR Cave Arch - 350 Credits
Pirate Bandanna Blue (Girls Only) - 1000 Credits
Girl Pirate Pant Blue (Girls Only) - 500 Credits
Mr. Smee Shirt Black (Boys Only) - 500 Credits
Mr. Smee Hat Green (Boys Only) - 1000 Credits
Prison Wall Divider - 1500 Credits
Stone Bridge Half - 750 Credits
Pirate Throne Purple - 150 Credits
Skeleton Chair -500 Credits
Shipwreck Sand Carpet - 500 Credits
Pirate Scarf (Available 03/29)
Mr. Smee Shirt Red (Boys Only) - 500 Credits
Guard Dog With Keys - 2500 Credits
Captains Quarters Poster - 500 Credits
PPR Rocks Small -250 Credits
PPR Water Carpet 1 - 300 Credits
Pirate Throne Green - 150 Credits
Skeleton at The Helm - 250 Credits

Regular Clothing:

Jolly Roger T-Shirt (5 Colors Red, White, Black, Dark Gray, Gray) - 25 Credits
Jolly Roger Tank (5 Colors Red, Brown, Light Brown, Gray, Black) - 25 Credits
Jolly Roger Long Sleeve (5 Colors Red, White, Black, Dark Gray, Gray) - 25 Credits

Main Street Magic Shop Specials:

Turn into Shark Magic Full Use - 10000 Credits
Turn Into Shark Magic Single Use - 200 Credits
Buried in Treasure Magic Full Use - 10000 Credits
Pirate Costume Magic Single Use (Expires 04/15) - 200 Credits
Levitation Magic Full Use - 10000 Credits
Magic Shop Checkers Disappearing Act Magic Single Use (Expires 04/15) - 500 Credits

Rooms:

Skull Rock Room - 1000 Credits

Emporium - Bella's Special (under regular furniture)

ALR Sand Carpet - 250 Credits

*ALR - Alice Dark Ride
*PPR - Peter Pan Ride

chrisb26
02-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Well looks like VMK is finally releasing the Peter Pan Ride items. That's cool but I don't think I've ever even bought any Alice Ride items lol

I bet the ride a thon will have PPR items that is what happened when we first got Alice things.

Not sure why they would give out the Jolly Roger Poster which you can get for 40 credits but hey its free.

I'm also glad to see it looks like they'll still be releasing magic! Shark magic is cool but I think it is like Stitch magic where more stars make it charge faster not last longer which stinks :(

WDWfanatic742
02-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Arg this stinks. I miss out on getting tonight to get the magics that I don't have by playing the games and then I'm probably going to miss the new stuff.

Looks like pretty good stuff though...

mickeytinkerbellprincess
02-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Cool! Shark magic sounds like fun. I would be excited for Pirates month, with me being such a pirate freak, lol :D but VMK just got so boring and unenthusiastic lately. Wahh! :P

chrisb26
03-03-2008, 12:32 PM
They have another today only pin in Ned's shop:

Hurricane Bay Pin - 500 Credits

That will only be available today 03/03

Blue Genie
03-03-2008, 12:58 PM
You know Dino I never got my Free Jolly Roger Flag poster when I log on on the first. So I don't know if that part was true. I when thew all my stuff and I didn't see it in there.

chrisb26
03-03-2008, 01:54 PM
You know Dino I never got my Free Jolly Roger Flag poster when I log on on the first. So I don't know if that part was true. I when thew all my stuff and I didn't see it in there.

Yeah VMK must have lied cause nobody got their Jolly Roger poster Saturday for some reason. The strange thing is they left it up for a while. I wasn't too upset about it though because you can buy it for 40 credits so I wasn't missing much :D

JPL
03-03-2008, 03:05 PM
I woner if this was their participation prize for the day we all know how good they are on their word with those ;)

Patricia
03-04-2008, 01:15 AM
I woner if this was their participation prize for the day we all know how good they are on their word with those ;)

:funny:

You have to wonder why they didn't go ahead with the flag give away? :shake:

JPL
03-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Ok on a serious note what I have noticed is VMk has a new Development and Management team. It seems like they are repeating all the mistakes Yavn's Team made and corrected in the past. A good example was the ride a thon if you got bumped off the ride in certain rooms you could not get back on. They also made the ride elaborate and the ride itself was way too long. If they wanted a POTC ride in VMK they should have created another dark ride in New Orleans Square and used it for the ride a thon. The new team also seems to want to make a splash with all this new magic and over priced items yet haven't realized that credits need to be adjusted. And from what I am hearing they will not listen the current staff suggestions when they say this doesn't work or we should cange or fix this. Hopefully they will straighten this mess out soon they are already losing players.

Patricia
03-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Rats!

A new cast you say?

That would explain a lot. I keep wondering how they can keep making make the same mistakes going into year 3.

TinkRocks
03-05-2008, 01:35 AM
Main Street Magic Shop Specials:

Turn into Shark Magic Full Use - 1000 Credits
Turn Into Shark Magic Single Use - 200 Credits

CORRECTION: I know y'all know this already, but Turn Into Shark Magic (Full Use) is 10,000 credits. Alas, 1000 credits is wishful thinking...

Ok on a serious note, what I have noticed is VMK has a new Development and Management team. It seems like they are repeating all the mistakes Yavn's Team made and corrected in the past. A good example was the ride-a-thon - if you got bumped off the ride in certain rooms you could not get back on. They also made the ride elaborate and the ride itself was way too long. If they wanted a POTC ride in VMK, they should have created another dark ride in New Orleans Square and used it for the ride-a-thon. The new team also seems to want to make a splash with all this new magic and over priced items yet haven't realized that credits need to be adjusted. And from what I am hearing, they will not listen the current staff suggestions when they say this doesn't work or we should change or fix this. Hopefully, they will straighten this mess out soon - they are already losing players.

I agree! Doesn't this new team look back and see what has worked and what doesn't?

Hey - I'm all for ride-a-thons, but they take so long. 3 rooms should be the maximum. Anything longer, as you guys have said, and the ride should be one of the dark rides like Alice & Peter Pan - charge 10 credits and randomly award a Sword in the Stone pin, or a pirate key.

I know this is a 'hot topic' issue for everyone as of late (and I certainly haven't kept quiet about it) - the price of items currently being sold compared to credits being awarded in games is ridiculous.

If 5000 credits was given more often with the treasure finder magic (or, dare I say, 10,000 credits?) - I think players would be a little happier. Glad there are some new prizes from treasure magic, but I have a feeling we're gonna get sick of pirate pianos and jolly roger pins soon. Think about it - we can't even give away sorcerer hats and tiki fountains now...

Randypandy
03-05-2008, 03:07 AM
they need to lower the credits on the shark magic. i have to play a lot more games now then i use to. :mad: i never did build up my stitch and levitation and confetti magic like i wanted to and now im trying to get shark magic to at least a 2 star or a 3 star before the months over with. they don't seem to be leaving new stuff on vmk for very long. the TOT teleporters are gone too. :( . They need to do something soon

chrisb26
03-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks for telling me I was wrong Rocks :D I guess I forgot a 0 it was my thinking of what I wish the real price was ;)

I've updated the items list again with the new items coming out tomorrow.

Also Patti or Jp if you could change the title of the thread to New Pirate Items or something like that it would be great so we don't have to make a new thread every time they come out.

chrisb26
03-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Thank you Jp for changing the title of the thread! :thumbsup:

I have updated the first post with the new items coming out tomorrow. Doesn't look like anything exciting so I get to save my credits!!

chrisb26
03-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Okay I updated the prices and I must say

VMK you have gone crazy

Do they seriously think anybody in their right mind is going to pay 10K for Buried in Treasure magic? So many were given last month through Treasure Detector. That if somebody actually wasted their credits on it I would have to laugh :funny:just like that ;)

However on the positive note of them now selling that magic for 10K if you are like me and have a bunch you can sell each magic back for 2K which is very nice!

The other things are cool I'm thinking of a room I could make with those skulls :D

BronxTigger
03-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Ugh. I can't buy anything anymore. I don't even think I have 1,000 credits in my bank. If the stuff is virtual and it's a GAME why is the inflation so high? It's not like it's real stuff, so what's the point in putting it so far out of reach of the average player?

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-08-2008, 11:28 PM
:ditto:

Patricia
03-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Seems to me it was like this in the beginning.. maybe during beta. I was never able to afford anything, the credits were so low. That is the only reason I have no green flips (25 credits were a lot and green was my least favorite color) or more beta items then I have.

chrisb26
03-10-2008, 06:06 PM
I do have to agree the economy in VMK is way messed up. It would be fine that items and magic cost so much if VMK would give us a better opportunity to get credits. Yes they have double credit in pirates but how much can you really make during extra credits? Last time I played with extra credits I got maybe 300 - 350 in the game which isn't all that much. This is especially considering that magic costs 10,000 that means you need to play close to 30 times and that is winning each of those games also. Fireworks was nice but if you're not good at it you have no hope. Mansion is also good with extra credits and probably my favorite to play when it is extra credits but that is again something people have trouble with.

I don't know how this could really be fixed my only thoughts would be if enough people wrote into VMK and complained they might do something but I feel even that is a long shot.

JPL
03-11-2008, 09:30 AM
That is the only reason I have no green flips (25 credits were a lot and green was my least favorite color)

I had 2 pair of green flips that I sold back to buy something to complete a room :blush:

chrisb26
03-14-2008, 10:22 PM
I've updated with the new items coming out tomorrow :)

Looks like I get to save my credits again!!

I'm glad to see them releasing Levitation again perhaps we'll see them bring confetti and stitch back out.

Here is the description of the new Checkers Magic:

Those tricky pirates have discovered this new checkers magic trick! Here's how it works: Cast this magic trick on a checker piece, your piece is then marked (the other player doesn't see the mark). Now when your opponent jumps this marked piece, you lose the piece – but the other player also loses his piece! Arrgh!

laughingplace<3
03-15-2008, 12:19 AM
VMK's economy has totally gone downhill and so has my interest in playing it. Not only that, but I'm really sick of rare items being sold again for long periods of time. Princess garb is now dead and not rare, and they also did the same to Haunted Mansion gear. :mad:

chrisb26
03-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I've updated the list with the prices of the new items today. VMK also added in the Long Sleeve Pirate Shirts not sure if those were there before or not so I put them in the list. Also don't forget if you want that free Jolly Roger Flag you can finally get it by logging in and entering any room today.

VMK's economy has totally gone downhill and so has my interest in playing it. Not only that, but I'm really sick of rare items being sold again for long periods of time. Princess garb is now dead and not rare, and they also did the same to Haunted Mansion gear. :mad:

Personally I wouldn't mind if everything that was ever sold in VMK was released again. But I know there is people that would not like that because it messes up the trading aspect of the game which I understand but I don't mind it. Releasing things would also cut back on the scammers out there which would be good.

Also as far as the princess and Mansion gear being no longer rare. I don't agree with that at all. Yes its true blue princess was out for a while but both Yellow and Pink haven't been released recently. The pink and blue that came out recently were aurora dresses not the original princess dresses. So you still have Pink and Yellow that haven't been out in a while. As far as mansion black has been released recently but gray is still very rare. Brown also hasn't been relesed in a while and during halloween it was only on sale for a couple days. So although they are releasing some things for a while not all colors are and thats what you can trade with.

chrisb26
03-17-2008, 01:21 PM
I've updated the first post with the items available for today only

Happy St. Patricks Day!!

Chescat
03-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Just as a reminder, the Four Leaf Clover is the same pin that came out in 2006. :blush:

chrisb26
03-21-2008, 06:34 PM
I've updated the list of new items coming out tomorrow :thumbsup:

Some pretty neat things. I don't really understand releasing the same item in a different color personally it isn't as cool as the original but whatever. The pirate prison wall and bridge thing look really neat! Hopefully they wont be too many credits.

chrisb26
03-27-2008, 06:39 PM
The sand rug has come out its in the emporium under a special tab called Bella's Special the vmk home page says its for a limited time so who knows how long that will mean.

chrisb26
03-28-2008, 06:35 PM
For those of you paying attention to this post still :D

I've updated with the new items coming out tomorrow.

I must say some of them are pretty cool. That hat is neat not sure if its for boys or girls or both lol

That water carpet i neat i like the waves it make on the floor and that Dog with keys thing is awesome!