PDA

View Full Version : How is Spoodles?

pittsburgh12
02-29-2008, 08:05 PM
We are going to WDW in May. We just got done with the Dining Reservations and we booked Spoodles for a dinner. Has anyone eaten here and how would you rate it??? Never been here b4 but it sounds good in Disney Passporter. Thanks!!!

McGoofy
02-29-2008, 08:58 PM
My family of 3 went there for dinner one evening last May. I had the rigatoni pasta and loved it as did my DH who ended up helping me eat it. I can't remember what my DH had and looking at the menu doesn't help ring a bell. Whatever it was that he had, he did not really care for. My DS just had the Mickey pasta, and he enjoyed that. The best part of the meal was the pitcher of sangria. That was really good!! The atmosphere was very nice. We were sitting where we could see the sun setting out over the Boardwalk area. We also could see them making and tossing homemade pizza dough in the air. After dinner, we had a nice stroll along the Boardwalk, stood and watched a magician, and could see fireworks from Epcot. I would definitely go there again. DH said he would also go back but would just not order the same entree again.

Jared
02-29-2008, 09:06 PM
My family ate dinner at Spoodles about five or six years ago and really enjoyed the food. But we've been hesitant to return because we had the worst service we've ever had at Disney. Our waiter completely ignored our table the entire meal -- I'm still waiting for my first glass of water.

We're ready to try again, though, and we're probably having breakfast there in May.

Mickey052501
02-29-2008, 09:53 PM
The food is deelicious!!!!!

AllDisney
02-29-2008, 10:04 PM
We've eaten there twice over the years and enjoyed it both times.

I hope you like it:tasty:

Johnno52
02-29-2008, 11:09 PM
We dined there first of Feb and I had Mussels and the Moussaka, my DW had the Garlic Shrimp and Flatbread. We both enjoyed our selections. We also ate in Nov and had the Shrimp Fettuccine, it was good but had to take most of it back to our room (BW) and finished it off the next day for lunch!

Natazu
03-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I second what Jared said. The food is pretty good but we've found the service to be somewhat lacking. With Flying Fish right next door, we probably won't make it back to Spoodle's.

Maleficent's Dad
03-01-2008, 06:27 AM
I second what Jared said. The food is pretty good but we've found the service to be somewhat lacking. With Flying Fish right next door, we probably won't make it back to Spoodle's.
:ditto:
In our experiences, Spoodles' service has been kind of like a roller coaster when it comes to service. Some years good, some years not-so-good. :unsure:

The food's always been decent as Jared pointed out, but we've had some horrific waitstaff there.

I definitely prefer FF next door! :thumbsup:
DW prefers to head into EPCOT for the multitude of choices.
Our kids want characters or one of the parks!

However, as stated by McGoofy, the Boardwalk's atmosphere is very special. We love strolling after dinner and seeing some of the entertainment!

sillyolbear
03-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Apparently we've been very lucky service wise. All of our trips to Spoodles have been very good both in terms of service and food.

The sangria is excellent!

Jared
03-01-2008, 11:46 AM

The food's always been decent as Jared pointed out, but we've had some horrific waitstaff there.
I'm disappointed to hear more reports of bad service of Spoodles. I always thought our experience was an isolated instance.

IC10
03-01-2008, 06:11 PM
I am always sad to see this as a bad report everytime we eat there we fall in love with it again. In fact my DS and I had a "date" there and to us it was our best meal of our trip our other resturants we had that year were

Boma's
Le Cellier
Marrakesh
Ohana's
Tony's
and others....

In fact it was the one resturant I insisted we had to go back to this year. :)

Hull-onian
03-02-2008, 08:46 AM
We didn't like it. I give it a zing.:ack:

big blue and hairy
03-02-2008, 12:32 PM
DW and I dined at Spoodles several times and always enjoyed it. Service has always been pretty good, with the exception of being attacked by a waitress..:scared:...not really. She came around the corner a little faster than her ability to balance a tray and water flew off in my direction.

:sulley:

NJDad
03-03-2008, 06:09 AM
We've dined there about 6 times, never had a problem with service. The latest menu is a little less adventurous than the old one, unfortunately, but pleased the more conservative tastes of the relatives we had with us.

CaptSmee
03-04-2008, 12:00 AM
My family ate dinner at Spoodles about five or six years ago and really enjoyed the food. But we've been hesitant to return because we had the worst service we've ever had at Disney. Our waiter completely ignored our table the entire meal -- I'm still waiting for my first glass of water.

We're ready to try again, though, and we're probably having breakfast there in May.

We had breakfast there 2 years ago and will likely never return again...because it was the worst service we've had on Disney property. There was hardly anyone else dining at the time and we were basically ignored, took forever to take our order, then forever for our food, and when it finally arrived we were left to just dine without any followup at all.

pittsburgh12
03-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks for all of your responses!!!

EvilQueen2006
03-14-2008, 07:53 PM
i had dinner at Spoodles in January, and I thougt it was quite good. I had the game hen, which was delicious and the sangria was yummy too. My girlfriend didn't really care for her entree. I think it was the Moukassa, or something like that.