PDA

View Full Version : Where else should I book?

TanyaB
02-29-2008, 07:52 PM
hi all,
I've made these Advanced Dining Reservations...I can't decide where else to book! We have three character meals so I don't think we need another one of those ... any suggestions?

Tuesday night:
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Wednesday night:
Chef Mickey's

Thursday morning:
Ohana's Breakfast with Stitch

Friday night:
Le Cellier

Saturday Night:
Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Sunday night:
I can't decide! Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Tanya

ltam16
02-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Kona Cafe and Concourse Steakhouse were very good.

We also really like Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, and 1900 Park Fair. But you didn't want more characters.

Jared
02-29-2008, 09:13 PM
I like Laura's suggestion of Kona Cafe. You have a bunch of buffets and family-style meals, so it might be nice to have one more traditional full-service dinner during your vacation.

Kona Cafe is casual, but a little quieter than the character meals and the very raucous Whispering Canyon Cafe. My family tries to eat there every trip, and we have a reservation for our vacation in May.

I particularly like the sticky wings and crab cake appetizers, the shrimp and scallop entree and the Kilauea torte dessert.

GrmGrninGost
03-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I highly suggest the Coral Reef. Our last two vacations, this has been our favorite meal. The food has been fantastic, the service impeccable and the atmosphere delightful! The adults and children have loved it equally! We love watching the fish, especially the sharks, and the other sea creatures swimming around while we eat! Very fun!! :mickey:

wdwfansince75
03-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Since the Sunday evening EMH park in July is MK, consider Liberty Tree Tavern or Tony's....or any of the monorail hotel resturants.....Kona Cafe is a great choice. The Concourse Steakhouse will be closed by then. Not sure if the new Wave resturant will be open.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-01-2008, 04:35 PM
The food at Kona was great but the service was horrible. I may give it another try next time I go. And I liked Liberty Tree both times I've gone there. Very basic food but good and great service.

LudwigVonDrake
03-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Kona Cafe and San Angel Inn would be my suggestions :eat: :tasty:

beksy
03-01-2008, 08:06 PM
We really enjoyed Kona. It was one of my favorite meals on the trip. Very relaxing with great food (loved the crabcake appetizers and terriyaki steak not to mention dessert!) and our server was wonderful. My sister is only 19 so of course no mixed drinks and was dying for a drink with a little umbrella in it. The server saw this and brought her a coke with 2 in it plus a cherry and piece of pineapple! Then each of her refills had an umbrella! Overall wonderful experience I would highly recommend. :mickey:

Natazu
03-02-2008, 04:14 AM
Kona Cafe, maybe 'Ohana dinner, or for a special treat, Marrakesh.

#1donaldfan
03-02-2008, 08:15 AM
What about Fulton's @ DtD, or Coral Reef at EC.....I guess it depends on what park you want to be close to.......

Hull-onian
03-02-2008, 08:34 AM
You didn't give us your plans for Sunday or where you would be. I myself, love to go to Animal Kingdom Lodge and have dinner at Boma's and just hang out at the fire pit outside near the animals and relax. I love it over there, as a matter of fact, we are going twice. So let us know where you will be on that Sunday and we can help better.:thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
03-03-2008, 05:35 PM
My husband LOVES Ohana...For me I really like 50s Prime Time for fun, Tonys is nice too, 1900 Park Fare was really good...I would avoid San Angel Inn...By far the worst meal we have ever had...:ack:

eam
03-03-2008, 07:31 PM
You did not state a price range, but if you want a great dinner, with excellent service, in a beautiful setting, try Citricos at the Grand Floridian. Even if you only have salad, starter, and desert, you well have a great meal and a good time.

eyoreswife
03-03-2008, 08:38 PM
our two favorites are boma and ohana's. boma is another buffet but very different foods that are fun to try and of course the standard stuff for the kids, ohana's is family style and comes around with skewers of meat and shrimp all while entertaining the kids with :lei:coconut races and other fun stuff.

Duchess99
03-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I would suggest San Angel Inn, Raglan Road or Sci-Fi Dine-In...all fun and good food.