PDA

View Full Version : Favorite things to do in World Showcase

DisneyJaime
02-29-2008, 05:13 PM
DH dreds going to the World Showcase, but it is a favorite of my parents (who are going with us in April). I am looking for some ideas of things to do in all the countries. I know of the KidsCot Fun Spots/Stops(?) and the beer per country tour. I've also heard of people trying to find chocolate in each country or taking pictures in front of a fountain in each country. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

caryrae
02-29-2008, 05:40 PM
What is it he dreds about world showcase it seems to be alot of peoples favorite part of EPCOT?

tink2006
02-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Epcot is our favorite park :mickey: We enjoy walking from country to country and enjoying the live entertainment :number1: I would suggest picking up an entertainment schedule and enjoying the music, acrobats, live statues etc. One of our favorite things to do is grabbing a half yard :beer:at Rose & Crown and heading to the garden to listen to British Invasion. They are awesome :thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
02-29-2008, 05:49 PM
I love the WS, and trust me I am a thrill ride nut! For me it is a time to chill, people watch, eat, and eat!!:mickey:

caryrae
02-29-2008, 05:51 PM
I don't know when in April you go but there is the Flower Power concerts going on.

2008 Flower Power Concert Schedule:
(America Gardens Theatre)

5:45pm, 7:00pm & 8:15pm
Relax under the stars & enjoy the groovy music from the 60's & 70's.

Rickey Nelson Remembered featuring The Nelsons - Apr. 1 - 3
Jay Black - Apr. 4 - 5
Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone - Apr. 6 - 9
The Grass Roots featuring Rob Grill - Apr. 10 - 12
TBD - Apr. 13 - 16
Peter & Gordon - Apr. 17 - 18
Starship starring Mickey Thomas - Apr. 19 - 23
The Ventures - Apr. 24 – 26
BJ Thomas - Apr. 27 – 30

pittsburgh12
02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
I really enjoy the WS. You can do the boat ride in Mexico which is a great atmosphere. France has a cool movie. Nice to relax for 20 minutes and take a break from the hot sun. And if you like baked goods. You must try the Schoolhouse Bread in Norway. Its a must!!! Have a good trip!!!

#1donaldfan
02-29-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm sorta with him on that, but it is growing on me......the more I visit and the more I read about it, the more exciting it's becoming....I do like the rides in the various countries, maybe you can start him liking it that way...:mickey:

sainter
02-29-2008, 08:56 PM
You could get a hidden mickey book and look for them. If you can find the book 101Things You Never Knew About WDW, there are several pages of facts and info about Epcot and you can look for the things mentioned in them. Makes it so interesting. The same for DHS too.

biodtl
02-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Does he enjoy beer/wine? Because we love to go on a tasting tour of the countries. Plus, speaking to CMs from each country can be a great experience.

tigger77
02-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi everyone new to posting!! My family loves world showcase! My favorite country is Mexico..and the conga fruit drink! Its just makes you feel like your on a world vacation!!

javamama
02-29-2008, 10:31 PM
In my younger, single days we played "drink around the world" now in my "mom" days. I eat around the world, show my son the different things that would interest him at 4, take him in the stores buy him a little something from each country, and take his pic to make a new memory.

DNS
03-02-2008, 10:40 AM
We love World Showcase, so it's hard to imagine not looking forward to some time there. I love to try to catch the entertainment at the different countries and it's my favorite place to shop in all of WDW. Especially Japan and UK. If you are able, you might try to plan on one or two nice meals in World Showcase. At least a snack or two. My DH likes to do that. Get a pastry from Norway or France, a pretzel from Germany, etc.

dumbo ears
03-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Id say that I love to get something different to eat from each country also you could get a photo by the entrance to each country

MickeyChick
03-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Eat. We eat. A lot. And take a lot of photos.

Disney Doll
03-03-2008, 12:56 PM
It's a toss up between eat and shop. We never miss the pastry shop in France and the Biergarten restaurant in Germany is awesome. I also agree that UK and Japan have the best shopping. Oh, of course you've got to stay for Illuminations.

bleukarma
03-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Whenever I run into someone that doesn’t like WS it’s usually because they find the movies and the shopping boring. Maybe if you show him other stuff then it will open his mind to how fun WS really is!!! Take him to France and buy him a pastry, he should be hooked! :mickey: Also get him a beer in Germany or the UK. Have someone take your picture at each country and it will be fun trying to pick out the perfect picture spot. And don’t miss the rides in Mexico or Norway. And maybe book one of your TS meals in the World Showcase. The one in Japan is really cool because they cook the food right in front of you.

IloveDisney71
03-03-2008, 02:03 PM
1. Margaritas at the Mexican Margarita stand
2. Off-Kilter - I finally got a chance to see them 2 week-ends ago - awesome!!!
3. I love the American Adventure show in the American showcase

lightyearfan
03-03-2008, 02:17 PM
well what you have planned sounds really good, so im not sure if my suggestions will help? but when me and dw go into WS we just go to every country see whatever live show that they might put on, go into the stores to see the differnent cultures, and try to sample some snack food from each. we also like to just walk around to see the different layouts for each country, as you know you can spend alot of time just walking around to see each country, but never the less you'll be in WDW so how bad can it get? right:mickey:

Enjoy your trip
Victor

SBETigg
03-03-2008, 02:22 PM
We love World Showcase! I can imagine small children not liking it, but adults? Wow. What does he not like about it? Shopping?

I would say to try not to do it all at once, because it really is quite large and a lot to get around. I would do half in one visit and half in the next. Or if you only have time for one, pick a half and leave the rest undone. It could be that so many countries at once overwhelm him. Our favorite thing is to take it slow, relax, and enjoy all the countries and what they have to offer. We make each one a mini-adventure to explore, the food, the drink, what makes it unique, and he might especially enjoy Mexico and Norway because they have rides.

Or, you could always split up. Leave him behind doing what he likes and meet up. This is what we do for my kids now that they are older. They do what they like to do there(shopping for my daughter, eating for my son). We do what we like (wine tastings and shopping). And we pick meet up places every few countries to check in with each other. Your husband might enjoy staying in the UK with an ale while you go shop around France, for instance. Best wishes with it.

PinKy
03-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Epcot is really more about relaxing and enjoying the day than a thrill ride park. We really enjoy:

the entertainment - Off Kilter (band that plays near Canada - they are fabulous) also, the Chinese Acrobats are pretty amazing, the Japanese drummers, DH really enjoys the theatrical productions (in the street) that Great Britain does..... anyone who loves theatre would love that.

Lots of people have already mentioned... but....

*Grab a margarhita in Mexico and sit back and enjoy the bands there..... take a leisurely boat ride in the exhibit.... shop for a bit.

*the Norway ride is pretty fun

* Take a 'tour' with an official guide in Marrakech and enjoy the wonderful architecture and decor.

*if he's a "foodie" person - I would suggest getting him involved in the restaurant aspect. (if he's a steak guy - Canada is out of this world) Honestly, DH and I now primarily go to WDW for the restaurants and shopping. LOL.

Good luck!

disneyworld55925592
03-03-2008, 02:49 PM
we love to "eat around the world" We grab just a little something from almost every country!

FenwayGirl
03-03-2008, 04:15 PM
we do the same thing....

kurt
03-05-2008, 10:28 AM
how about collecting pins from each country?:goofy:

kbean
03-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Drink around the World. Especially Mexico.

pox24
03-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Consume adult beverages at the Rose and Crown until I develop a british accent.:thumbsup:

bruin1344
03-07-2008, 07:18 PM
eat and drink then watch illuminations

BouncingTigger
03-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Food! :thumbsup:

Pastries in France (neapolitan!), the counter service place in Morocco, kaki gori in Japan. The chocolate we got in Germany was awesome. A chocolate around the world tour sounds like a great idea!

Also, that cool wooden water wheel thing in Morocco by the lake - that's really neat to look at.

We had a great time watching the many geckos prowling around the miniature village with the little train running through it (in Germany, I think?). There were so many little lizards hiding in there - totally cute!

kbean
03-07-2008, 08:38 PM
There were so many little lizards hiding in there - totally cute!

Yes, their little now, but where do you think they get their Komodo dragons from at AK.